ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 270
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:36 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Oh dude. What? Come on. You're deliberately being obtuse. You don't even believe the things you're saying now.

It's like I don't even know you anymore.
Dude. I'm playing Devil's Advocate. I outed myself in that regard half a dozen posts ago. You're playing the opposition. It's March. This is the game we play here.:-)
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 10:43 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Wth? Did you see that list of 2nd round picks since 2000? 2nd rounders are supposed to be decent, right? That's why you drafted them in the 2nd, I presume. There's a lot of straight shit in KC's 2nd round drafting history, my friend.

Look, skip the procedure for how the player got here. Skip the compensation. Deandre Hopkins somehow lands in KC and his contract is for zero dollars, no picks for one year. As is.

Is he good enough for you to put him in a uni?
Of course any one would for zero compensation. What kind of silly question is that?

I can't just ignore reality that he wants a new contract, with more years and more guaranteed money though. Then you add in that he is now over 30, has had some injury issues in the recent past that made him miss significant time. Then the draft capital that is would cost to get him. Nah, I'm good.

Of course you are going to say he isn't injury prone. But yet here is his last 4 years worth of injuries.

Jan 5, 2019 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain
Aug 16, 2020 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1
Sep 30, 2020 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1
Oct 21, 2020 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1
Dec 10, 2020 NFL Cervical Neck
Dec 10, 2020 NFL Back Lower Lumbar Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1
Sep 22, 2021 NFL Chest Rib Sprain/Pull Unspecified
Oct 25, 2021 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1
Oct 28, 2021 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2
Dec 13, 2021 NFL Knee MCL Tear Grade 3
Dec 29, 2022 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1

He is getting older. Clearly his body is starting to show signs of being elderly on the football field with the change in his injuries from the beginning of his career compared to now.

I get it, you like the guy. You think his abilities could add to the offense. I agree, they can. But that is not looking at the complete picture of bringing him here. That is simply looking at abilities on a playing field. There is more to it than that.
[Reply]
In58men 10:46 AM 03-05-2023

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:47 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Maybe he has indicated he is NOT going to ask for a stupid ass contract
[Reply]
Basileus777 10:56 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Maybe he has indicated he is NOT going to ask for a stupid ass contract
There aren't a ton of other options at receiver and they can't let him walk without replacing him with how they have basically nothing proven at WR under contract. MVS is a roleplayer, Toney wasn't ready to play more than a couple of snaps in the Superbowl and can't stay healthy, and Moore is a low upside guy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:03 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba:
Of course any one would for zero compensation. What kind of silly question is that?

I can't just ignore reality that he wants a new contract, with more years and more guaranteed money though. Then you add in that he is now over 30, has had some injury issues in the recent past that made him miss significant time. Then the draft capital that is would cost to get him. Nah, I'm good.

Of course you are going to say he isn't injury prone. But yet here is his last 4 years worth of injuries.

He is getting older. Clearly his body is starting to show signs of being elderly on the football field with the change in his injuries from the beginning of his career compared to now.

I get it, you like the guy. You think his abilities could add to the offense. I agree, they can. But that is not looking at the complete picture of bringing him here. That is simply looking at abilities on a playing field. There is more to it than that.
Every player has a list like that, that's played as long as DHop has. Mahomes has a list as well. But like DHop, few, like two, kept them off the field, so what?

This isn't about like. I don't like Josh Allen (in particular) or Joe Burrow, but I'm not stupid. I can see that they're both elite level QBs. I can discern that if Mahomes didn't exist, and I had either of those two QBs or could acquire either, I'd be happy to have them playing for my team.

The fact remains that if DHop walked into the building, he'd be the best WR on the room, not just in 2023, but the best WR that Mahomes has ever played with, by a large margin.

KC scored TDs at an historic rate when Kelce, Hill and Watkins were all healthy and on the field at the same time. And DHop is significantly better than Watkins at his peak. It was so efficient, that our PK and punter barely saw the field, turning in nearly record lows in FGA and punts. And I think, I'd have to go back and do the math to be sure, but I think KC was scoring at over/nearly a 70% clip when they were all healthy.

And as I've said, none of us really know what Dhop wants, or even what ARI really will accept right this second. It's speculation. Just as I don't really know if DHop wants to come to KC. But if Veach signs him, I'm sure it will be fine, because he wouldn't eff the team's future.

Now, personally (dropping the DA thing for a second), I don't think we want to give up a 2nd for DHop. Iirc, we only have like 9 picks this year? So that might not be the best idea. But a 3rd and almost anything? Sure, why the hell not.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:17 AM 03-05-2023
Every player has a list like that, that's played as long as DHop has. Mahomes has a list as well. But like DHop, few, like two, kept them off the field, so what?

This isn't about like. I don't like Josh Allen (in particular) or Joe Burrow, but I'm not stupid. I can see that they're both elite level QBs. I can discern that if Mahomes didn't exist, and I had either of those two QBs or could acquire either, I'd be happy to have them playing for my team.

The fact remains that if DHop walked into the building, he'd be the best WR on the room, not just in 2023, but the best WR that Mahomes has ever played with, by a large margin.

KC scored TDs at an historic rate when Kelce, Hill and Watkins were all healthy and on the field at the same time. And DHop is significantly better than Watkins at his peak. It was so efficient, that our PK and punter barely saw the field, turning in nearly record lows in FGA and punts. And I think, I'd have to go back and do the math to be sure, but I think KC was scoring at over/nearly a 70% clip when they were all healthy.

And as I've said, none of us really know what Dhop wants, or even what ARI really will accept right this second. It's speculation. Just as I don't really know if DHop wants to come to KC. But if Veach signs him, I'm sure it will be fine, because he wouldn't eff the team's future.

Now, personally (dropping the DA thing for a second), I don't think we want to give up a 2nd for DHop. Iirc, we only have like 9 picks this year? So that might not be the best idea. But a 3rd and almost anything? Sure, why the hell not.

No. Not every player has a list like that.

To compare the obvious degrading of his body. Here is his list from 2013-2018 up to the list I posted earlier covering 2019-2022.

Sep 20, 2015 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1
Dec 23, 2014 NFL Hand Wrist Ligament Tear
Aug 17, 2013 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1
Dec 25, 2017 NFL Leg Calf Pull

You're clearly not seeing the obvious. Or just out right ignoring it. It's not just about draft capital. It's not just about age. It's not just about money. But when you add all of them up. It's about all of them.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:20 AM 03-05-2023
In light of a weak FA market and a waek-at-the-to draft at WR, I think the best course is a 2-year deal for JuJu or Lazard-level, use a 3rd or 4th to trade up in the 2nd for Hyatt if he is still there, draft an RB that is a very good receiver, get by for one more year when the market hopefully improves. I don't like trading up, and I certainly don't like trading a 2nd for a 31-yr old with health questions...I would have to be convinced he is the difference between a plyoff team and a SB winning team. I don't think he is that difference.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:23 AM 03-05-2023
No. Not every player has a list like that.

To compare the obvious degrading of his body. Here is his list from 2013-2018 up to the list I posted earlier covering 2019-2022.

You're clearly not seeing the obvious. Or just out right ignoring it. It's not just about draft capital. It's not just about age. It's not just about money. But when you add all of them up. It's about all of them.
Lol, so if we can find ONE player that doesn't have more than a couple injuries over a 10 year career, that nullifies the point? Come on. Most players have a list of injuries after ten years, that is a fact. The exact length of said list is immaterial.

And btw, 'Grade 1' by definition is basically a tweak; it's minor, as in probably didn't keep him out of the game. So you can basically throw all of those 'Grade 1s' out.

Grade 1: "A Grade I ankle sprain is the least severe. This is a stretching of one or more of the ligaments which results in mild pain and tenderness. Usually, the patient can bear weight and has only mild stiffness in the ankle joint."

That leaves maybe 4-5 actual injuries on your list, and a couple of those like (cervical neck) that also didn't keep him off the field for a significant period.

Again, he's had one serious injury that kept him off the field for a significant period, and that's it. The rest are just typical football injuries that all ten-year vets accumulate during their careers.

EDIT: sorry, keep forgetting the MCL. He's had two actual injuries.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:30 AM 03-05-2023
Pujols is selling his Leawood house. Maybe Hopkins can move in there.

https://www.estatesales.net/KS/Leawood/66224/3578007
[Reply]
kccrow 11:39 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
This amount of anger is just latent spillover from Twisted owning your ass in the Matt Ariza thread. Let it go, dude. Everybody has obviously forgotten that you are a rape apologists who doesn’t believe in the science behind blacking out while drinking. You never see the real Mel Kiper get upset when people call him an idiot. Try to be more like your idol.
The only cock sucker on this board I hate more than you is him. Congrats on that. Hope you both drown in anti-freeze while sucking each other off.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 11:45 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The only cock sucker on this board I hate more than you is him. Congrats on that. Hope you both drown in anti-freeze while sucking each other off.

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 11:56 AM 03-05-2023

Sep 3, 2013 NFL Knee Patella Fracture
Oct 19, 2014 NFL Chest Rib Sprain/Pull
Aug 31, 2015 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull
Oct 8, 2017 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1
Jan 6, 2018 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1
Feb 28, 2017 NFL Shoulder
Jan 8, 2020 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1
Oct 10, 2021 NFL Cervical Neck Stinger

Then there is DHop

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:58 AM 03-05-2023
Sep 3, 2013 NFL Knee Patella Fracture
Oct 19, 2014 NFL Chest Rib Sprain/Pull
Aug 31, 2015 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull
Oct 8, 2017 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1
Jan 6, 2018 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1
Feb 28, 2017 NFL Shoulder
Jan 8, 2020 NFL Knee Strain Grade 1
Oct 10, 2021 NFL Cervical Neck Stinger

Then there is DHop

Who's the first list? I don't understand where that came from.

Also, DHop has missed just 8 games due to injury in his ten year career. So, out of a possible 160 games, he started 145, missed 8 due to injury and 6 due to suspension. Yeah, you're right, he's injury-prone, lol.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 12:02 PM 03-05-2023
Who's the first list? I don't understand where that came from.
Does it matter who it is? Don't worry though. He has played more games than DHop. You said that every player has a list like DHop.

I've clearly shown that not every player has a injury history per your own parameters.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 270
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up