ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 79
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Bengals
TLO 06:31 PM 11-27-2022
A sneaky big game in the AFC, and probably our toughest game left before playoff time.

Talk about it here
[Reply]
O.city 01:31 PM 12-01-2022
Just fair catch every punt and kneel every kick off. We gain nothing from that.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:56 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
One guy said he heard from a Chiefs fan on local radio that KC hasn't faced any team's full WR corps yet, and no receiving weapons have stepped up other than Kelce. Therefore, he says, all they have to do is contain Mahomes and Kelce and they're going to run away with it.

I can definitely see why they sneer at Chiefs Planet analysis.
Hmm..

D Hop was out @ ARI, Allen and Mike Williams have been banged up for the LAC games, Kupp was out vs LAR, Chris Godwin was banged up @ Tampa as well.

I suppose there's some merit to the idea, but we faced the Bills and 49ers at full strength and held them both to 24 and 23 points respectively.

Originally Posted by O.city:
Just fair catch every punt and kneel every kick off. We gain nothing from that.
I've long thought this would be the best plan of action.

When's the last time we had a big play on a return? There may be one I'm forgetting from recently but we've had like five or six disasters since then. It's just not worth it.
[Reply]
O.city 01:57 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hmm..

D Hop was out @ ARI, Allen and Mike Williams have been banged up for the LAC games, Kupp was out vs LAR, Chris Godwin was banged up @ Tampa as well.

I suppose there's some merit to the idea, but we faced the Bills and 49ers at full strength and held them both to 24 and 23 points respectively.

When's the last time we had a big play on a return? There may be one I'm forgetting from recently but we've had like five or six disasters since then. It's just not worth it.
This is one of the best offenses statistically to ever play, just don't fuck it up.
[Reply]
irafreak 01:59 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Hmm..

Pacheco had a big return earlier in the year.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:03 PM 12-01-2022

A key for the #Chiefs defensive line and anyone blitzing will be getting their hands up in the air against Joe Burrow. The amount of deflected passes he has is a rarity to see on coaches film this routinely. Can’t make the sack? Get the hands up. Two became INTs vs PIT. pic.twitter.com/14SjR8pohk

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 1, 2022

[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:07 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is one of the best offenses statistically to ever play, just don't fuck it up.
I suppose that is why they continue to be stubborn and try returns..

They know the offense will cover up any mistakes in the long run.

Originally Posted by irafreak:
Pacheco had a big return earlier in the year.
Yeah, I remember a nice return but don't remember who it was against.. I feel like I'm remembering him getting a 15-yard roughing added on top by taking a hit on the sidelines too.

Even so, Skyy's muffed like 4 punts this year and we've started at the 20 or closer to our end zone far more often than that one kick return was worth, IMO.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:16 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Doesn't our very own George Karlaftis lead the league in that category? Thought they said that in one of the last two games (maybe it was "for all rookies"? or some such obscure metric... "of all rookies with a Greek last name who play DE and are caucasian")
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:21 PM 12-01-2022
Our offense moved the ball down at will against a very good Rams defense who is tiers above this bungholes defense. 437 yards of total offense. They struggled in the red zone for some odd reason but the offense will eat this Sunday no matter what.
What will come as a surprise to the bunghole fanbase is our defense being significantly better than it was compared to last year by all metrics. Our D Line is better, our linebacker core is healthy and more seasoned, secondary is vastly improved. Our defense is faster and more agressive than last year. They have been shutting off the opponents for entire halves of a game.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:44 PM 12-01-2022
I guess the Bungles are kinda salty this week.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:51 PM 12-01-2022
i think getting in their craw is good

we want them unfocused

chiefs focus is stamped in steel
[Reply]
Lzen 03:09 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Joe Cullen week fellas. We may not have a ton of sacks but we do have a lot of pressures stacked up. I think we’re gonna see Cullen open up his pass rush twist/stunts a bit and get some consistent pressure.
Not a ton of sacks but the Chiefs are 5th in the league with 35 sacks on the season. That's only 2 sacks behind second place New England.
[Reply]
Hog Rider 03:14 PM 12-01-2022
Slightly off topic, but why do so many talking heads call them the bangles instead of bengals?

inquiring mind
[Reply]
Lzen 03:18 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Hog Rider:
Slightly off topic, but why do so many talking heads call them the bangles instead of bengals?

inquiring mind
Because people don't know how to pronounce words. It's the same thing as when people refer to Jacksonville as the Jag wires. That drives me nuts. It is pronounced jag Gwar(like the band)s.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 12-01-2022

[Reply]
DRM08 03:26 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Because people don't know how to pronounce words. It's the same thing as when people refer to Jacksonville as the Jag wires. That drives me nuts. It is pronounced jag Gwar(like the band)s.
Bangle seems much worse than Jagwire. This is the English language. Do people pronounce "English" as Anglish? Pretty terrible butchering of the Bengal word. Not sure how anyone could ever turn "ENG" into "ANG" :-)
[Reply]
Page 43 of 79
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up