ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 139
« First < 333940414243 444546475393 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:43 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Trade conditions announced yet?
Trip to Belize is included
[Reply]
Dunerdr 03:43 PM 10-27-2022
Super turtle said ak15. Why entertain the man who’s clearly just hating the move no matter what? The guy was a 3 star recruit qb in high school who converted to wr in college, did so well enough to be taken #20 over all. We gave up a pick technically between round 3 and 4 and a 6. I won’t be mad if all he does is kr and pr the next 3 years. Most of you are just upset about his hood attitude. Should it make you nervous? A little. But out FO and coach have surely vetted this move. Trust in the process.
[Reply]
Jamie 03:44 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hill? Either took incredibly bad legal advice
Strongly disagree, guilty or innocent he would have been crazy not to take that deal.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:44 PM 10-27-2022
Specifics.

Peters? Traded him.
Hunt? Cut him.
Kelce? Just a massive douche out of college.
Hill? Either took incredibly bad legal advice or is just a massive piece of shit in his home life.

Nothing really applies all that well here.
Hunt, unless I'm mistaken, didn't get into trouble in KC until he went home to CLE and hung out with his boys and got staggering drunk. Otherwise, Hunt became an integral part of the offense as soon as he got his first start.

Kelce? He's just gone from 'complete douche' to the best TE maybe in NFL history.

Hill went from a gadget receiver/RB/ST player to an elite NFL WR.

Mike Vick. 'Nuff said.

Going back to his PHI years, Andy has probably turned around at least a dozen 'problem' players over his career. Several that he couldn't help as well I'm sure, but Andy has always been pretty good at turning around problem players.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:46 PM 10-27-2022
That's kind of apples and oranges. Hill had one very bad incident, or was convinced to plead guilty to it, and was otherwise relatively fine.

Toney OTOH seems to at the very least idolize some of the not so great aspects of a rapper lifestyle. Carrying a loaded AK 15 around for "protection", conducting himself like a blood on the interwebz, and his quite frankly dogshit opinion on the Ruggs tragedy are a bit concerning. Not to mention the struggles he had on the field with the Giants. Missing practices, not putting in enough effort to learn, constant injuries, etc.

There is incredible upside here, but there's also a slew of reasons the Giants gave up on it just a year and a half into his career. Just hope Reid can tone him back to the point he's productive for us.
What is an AK 15?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:47 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
It's a 3rd round pick. That hardly qualifies as a huge bust potential.
Oh Im ok with a gamble, I was just hoping for a different WR we would trade for. I find it hard to believe they will still go after a WR despite what some talking heads have said.

I certainly prefer trading for Toney versus just standing pat and adding nobody I just think there were better options to help us this year. I imagine the Chiefs liked the potential and the fact they have him for 2024 and I believe 25 as well.

If this doesn't preclude us from getting OBJ and a pass rusher then perfectly happy with it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Super turtle said ak15. Why entertain the man who’s clearly just hating the move no matter what? The guy was a 3 star recruit qb in high school who converted to wr in college, did so well enough to be taken #20 over all. We gave up a pick technically between round 3 and 4 and a 6. I won’t be mad if all he does is kr and pr the next 3 years. Most of you are just upset about his hood attitude. Should it make you nervous? A little. But out FO and coach have surely vetted this move. Trust in the process.
Where am I hating on the move "no matter what"? I've even said the low/medium risk is well worth the potential high reward. Just pushing back on the notion that this is anything like Reid has dealt with before. It's not, and it's going to take a hell of a lot of work and probably a bit of luck to get this dude to play up to potential.
[Reply]
Cosmos 03:49 PM 10-27-2022
Not the position I would have wanted to spend a third rounder on..

I suspect we’re getting Hardman’s replacement lined up…another fast WR who Pat will ignore because, like Mecole, he won’t know the play.

If it’s even close, Hardman will become a comp pick in 2024.

Cant wait for Andy to draw up a double flanker reverse with he and Hardman..:-)

Hopefully, at the very least, he is a replacement for Moore on punt returns, and hold on to the ball.

Still want OL depth AND a pass rush.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:50 PM 10-27-2022
Just a reminder on the comp pick stuff, fellas - it's still a formula.

If we sign as much as we lose, and judging by the potential cap space we would have next year, that's a distinct possibility, it will substantially reduce if not entirely eliminate any compensation picks we may receive.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:50 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
What is an AK 15?
:-) Good Lord, I'm bad about that nowadays. Conflated AR 15 and AK 47. My bad.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:51 PM 10-27-2022
:-) Good Lord, I'm bad about that nowadays. Conflated AR 15 and AK 47. My bad.
Kind of a CP Lexicon candidate if you ask me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:54 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh Im ok with a gamble, I was just hoping for a different WR we would trade for. I find it hard to believe they will still go after a WR despite what some talking heads have said.

I certainly prefer trading for Toney versus just standing pat and adding nobody I just think there were better options to help us this year. I imagine the Chiefs liked the potential and the fact they have him for 2024 and I believe 25 as well.

If this doesn't preclude us from getting OBJ and a pass rusher then perfectly happy with it.
What WR were they going to get that would 1) cost so little in draft compensation and 2) have 3 years left on a deal that's not even $6M total?

Brandin Cooks was going to cost guaranteed money next year. OBJ is going to have a bidding war.

I don't necessarily disagree with you but I'd be interested to know who you would have targeted if you were Brett Veach.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:55 PM 10-27-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just a reminder on the comp pick stuff, fellas - it's still a formula.

If we sign as much as we lose, and judging by the potential cap space we would have next year, that's a distinct possibility, it will substantially reduce if not entirely eliminate any compensation picks we may receive.
Exactly. Plus at most we lost a comp pick. Big fucking deal. Low risk high reward potential
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:55 PM 10-27-2022
Now let's get Hughes for a 4th and win another fucking Superbowl
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:01 PM 10-27-2022
Specifics.

Peters? Traded him.
Hunt? Cut him.
Kelce? Just a massive douche out of college.
Hill? Either took incredibly bad legal advice or is just a massive piece of shit in his home life.

Nothing really applies all that well here.
Probably the worse one was Josh Gordan and by all accounts he didn't fall of the wagon while here. He just wasn't any good any more.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 139
« First < 333940414243 444546475393 > Last »
Up