ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 432
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:56 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Anyone know how many games am I missing this year because they are on ESPN+?
They don’t even give me the option of buying ESPN+ in Canada but there are always ways.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:58 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Or immediately.
Or that, yes.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:02 PM 11-03-2022
8 games are on ESPN Plus
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:04 PM 11-03-2022
3 in conference games will be on espn plus
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:05 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
Only Kansas fans say the tournament is a crap shoot. Look at the past 20 years of ncaa tournament champions and find the outliers.

Uconn in 14, maybe Syracuse in 03 and Uconn in 11? Good teams consistently win the tournament.
Oklahoma beat KU three times (home, away, Big 8 tournament) before losing to Danny and the Miracles in the 88 NCAA tournament final.

Total crap shoot.

That was special to me because I was a student at KU at the time.

That win was certainly a bigger positive memory than the 97 loss, also a crap shoot, was a negative.

Best of 7 Danny doesn't win and 97 team is unlikely to lose.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:05 PM 11-03-2022
https://www.espn.com/espnplus/player...9-3ac35c9ac41e
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:11 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The unfortunate thing is that we may likely only have one season of Dick jokes
That blows
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:19 PM 11-03-2022
Rice might be pretty damn good too. What's his injury? Haven't heard anything about it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:27 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Oklahoma beat KU three times (home, away, Big 8 tournament) before losing to Danny and the Miracles in the 88 NCAA tournament final.

Total crap shoot.
We never lost to the Boomer Gooner in B8 tourney. We lost both reg season games by the same margin and that was the spread od the NCAA title game.

I’ve posted before but all you padawans must learn this crucial lesson
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:39 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
We never lost to the Boomer Gooner in B8 tourney. We lost both reg season games by the same margin and that was the spread od the NCAA title game.

8 points, right?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:40 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Rice might be pretty damn good too. What's his injury? Haven't heard anything about it.
I only heard it was minor.

Probably just precautionary, since he’s had a few injuries. I think he missed the McDonald’s AA game too.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:51 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
8 games are on ESPN Plus
I didn't even get the amazing post game analysis with Jeff Gueldner this time since it cuts off right after the game on ESPN+
[Reply]
bdj23 05:36 AM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:

Total crap shoot.

That was special to me because I was a student at KU at the time.

That win was certainly a bigger positive memory than the 97 loss, also a crap shoot, was a negative.

Best of 7 Danny doesn't win and 97 team is unlikely to lose.
No offense, but you had to go all the way back to damn near the beginning of my life to find one instance of it being a crap shoot.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 06:35 AM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by BDj23:
No offense, but you had to go all the way back to damn near the beginning of my life to find one instance of it being a crap shoot.
7 seed Uconn beat 8 seed Kentucky for the title in 2014. A 3 seed or lower (aka a fringe top 10 team or worse) has won it all 9 times in the modern era. A lot more have reached the final four or title game.

In about 40% of tourneys in the modern era, a 2 seed or lower won it all. I can't find the numbers for overall 1 seeds, but I now it's much lower than 60%.

Again, I don't like the word crapshoot, but I think, in most years, you have about 6-8 teams that have a good shot at it, and it just comes down to who gets hottest at the right time. Plus some luck.

KU wasn't hot in the first three rounds this year, but managed to eek out wins over average teams. Then they turned it on in the final three. In many past years, they'd obliterate teams in the first 2-3 rounds and then show up flat in the Elite 8 vs a team that was on fire for a night.

I've always thought the quick turnaround games (2nd round, Elite 8, NC) partly mitigate the advantage of a great coach. Self's a good example. Most of his disappointing losses happened in those rounds. One day just doesn't allow a coach much time to gameplan and dissect a team. KU always has solid talent, but not usually enough to just show up and out-talent an elite 8 caliber team.

I wouldn't change the tourney format, but it's hard to deny that it's one of the toughest events in sports to win. And one of the most difficult to predict. You can be a basketball savant who follows the sport 24/7 and you'll still be very lucky to correctly predict half the games.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:08 AM 11-04-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

I wonder if they get that mixed up with KSU and the Big 8 tourney. But even that wasn't quite the same. KU lost to KSU at Allen Fieldhouse and the Big 8 Tourney but beat them at KSU and in the Elite 8 of the NCAA Tourney.

Pretty crazy to play one team four times in a season.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 432
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up