« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Frazod 07:32 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
"Goodbye Darth" was cringey as hell....
Well, I guess the alternative would be to have Lucas do another special edition of the original, changing Guinness's line to "only a master of evil, Anakin." But of course, he wouldn't stop there. And I'd just as soon not see Jar Jar added to the cantina scene. :-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:32 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Really easy fix is to have Obi Wan sense Luke is in danger while he's fighting Vader. Gives him a valid reason to get the fuck out posthaste instead of meandering away like he did leaving Vader to terrorize the galaxy. Have all the post fight exposition during it instead so Obi Wan has even more of a reason to go ultra aggressive during the latter stages of the fight.

This shit really isn't that hard to do and it's baffling Disney keeps fumbling the writing like this.
Or even an earthquake/volcano erupting causing the ground beneath their feet to separate them (similar to TFA's ending). Anything really.

Similar to Reva's plan to kill Luke making no sense, Kenobi's decision to leave the fight in that moment took me out of the episode. Kenobi is no pacifist, he was a war hero. If Obi-Wan truly thinks Anakin is irredeemable and he actually had the power to kill him (which also makes little sense to me in itself how he got so overpowered in the matter of days, but fine), there isn't really any good reason for him to still be alive after that fight. Other than, of course, that he has to be for the franchise's continuity.

We got a good fight, but as I said earlier, I would have preferred the series end after a great E5.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:46 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
You miss the whole bit where Obi Wan has now had the chance to destroy Darth Vader TWICE now, due to this shitshow?

It makes Obi Wan the direct cause of Vader being allowed to kill everyone after that point, AFTER Obi Wan watched him rampage through a settlement murdering innocent bystanders.

"I will do what I must" actually means, "Ill kick your ass and walk away leaving you free to kill more people." LMMFGDAO.

I don't put Alderaan on Vader though, it was Grand Moff Tarkin that ordered Alderaan to be destroyed during his interrogation of Leia about the location of the Rebel base.

He stated that Dantooine was too remote of a planet to make a proper example, so he targeted Alderaan.

But yeah, Obi Wan comes off as a Batman esque dumbass here. His refusal to destroy Vader just keeps allowing him to do horrible shit when he could have ended it entirely.
And I get that ENTIRELY! But the fact of the matter remains that A NEW HOPE is what started this whole ball rolling! This is merely Disney "fluff" to FILL the timeline - nothing more, nothing less and all of your points are completely valid - no argument at all.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:01 PM 06-22-2022
Yeah. Kenobi not killing him is dumb. And it took me out. Same with Reva. I thought she was going there to fuck with Obi-Wan. Nope. Just went there to be…evil? What?

Gripes aside, and they’re big gripes, I really enjoyed the episode. Little Leia I thought was excellent. Maybe it’s because my daughter is 8(even though she’s nothin like this character), that makes me a captive audience, but I thought her stuff was compelling. As bad as it was early, it was good at the end.

Fight was awesome. That’s why I’m here. Fuck yeah.

McGregor remains the shining performance in everything post 1983. And per usual he was let down by garbage writing.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:05 PM 06-22-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 PM 06-22-2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:13 PM 06-22-2022

[Reply]
kcpasco 10:31 PM 06-22-2022
Anakin is so powerful with the force but can’t sense his own daughter.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:42 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
Anakin is so powerful with the force but can’t sense his own daughter.
That aspect doesn't bother me. First, he doesn't know he has a daughter or son, and second, all he cares about is catching/killing Kenobi.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:01 PM 06-22-2022
Hopefully Andor is better.
[Reply]
kcpasco 11:10 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That aspect doesn't bother me. First, he doesn't know he has a daughter or son, and second, all he cares about is catching/killing Kenobi.
He always gets his ass whipped by Kenobi. And he senses Leia in ROTJ. This is problems with a story written backward.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:13 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by kcpasco:
He always gets his ass whipped by Kenobi. And he senses Leia in ROTJ. This is problems with a story written backward.
He was able to sense Luke's thoughts regarding Leia. Luke, of course, was a fledging Jedi with a fraction of Kenobi's experience or training, and no ability at all to mask his feelings.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:14 PM 06-22-2022
Cinevore Re-score of the battle.

[Reply]
kcpasco 11:20 PM 06-22-2022
Kenobi owns Anakin’s ass like Mahomes owns the Broncos. Kenobi literally had to suicide himself in A New Hope because Anakin is a giant failure. Anakin failed his order, master, children and his emperor. Dude is a failure.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:24 AM 06-23-2022
Other than Reva's terrible character/arc, I actually enjoyed the last 2 episodes, even if you have to turn your brain off to do so.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 54
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up