ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 72
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Hall of Classics>WTF is with Mahomes?
petegz28 12:36 PM 10-17-2021
Since the Super Bowl the dude has not looked right. Now he is just flat playing with his head in his ass.

I think he needs to get over himself a bit. He has 2 critical INT's this season that are 100% his fault that he had 0% reason to every try and it cost us points, 1 game and maybe 2.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:29 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think people are really overanalyzing this. I keep seeing claims that Mahomes is incapable of pocket passing or taking what's there. The reality is that we've seen plenty of both. Remember when everyone celebrated the masterful work done vs Buffalo in the AFCC? Hell, what about the first month of this season? He was doing a pretty solid job of taking what was there.

The fact that he makes a bad decision now and then and tries the bomb instead of the easy first down to Kelce doesn't mean that he's broken and "incapable." Everything on here is so extreme. When things are going well, he's a God who can do no wrong. Now he's broken and worthless.

Personally, I think that if yesterday's game were a playoff game, he would have taken the first down to Kelce. I think he expected to roll with Love at QB and decided to go for some highlight reel plays.

I also think that Mahomes tends to get complacent when the team has a lead or he's playing a weak opponent. Not that he isn't trying to make plays obviously, but he doesn't have the same level of urgency. I think it was telling that when they needed a drive at the end, he made it happen.
The team scored 13 points. Can't blame that on complacency.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:42 PM 11-08-2021
Someone get Pete some copium
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:54 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I disagree. Not back to his usual self, but i thought he worked the pocket well at least. He wasn't yipy. He had a couple of misses but overall i thought he made some incremental steps to getting better.
He did appear to be making a concerted effort to stay in the pocket. I will give him that.

Other than that he was making terrible reads, terrible decisions, shitty throws, and nearly threw a pick for the 7th straight game. I haven't checked the stats but I'd imagine his completion % was around 50% and YPA in the 4-5 range.

We only scored 13 points all night, too. And that's despite the fact that we had zero turnovers and had one drive set up at the GB 10 yard line.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:57 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

We only scored 13 points all night, too. And that's despite the fact that we had zero turnovers and had one drive set up at the GB 10 yard line.
It covered the 7 point spread though...that's all that mattered,
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:58 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He did appear to be making a concerted effort to stay in the pocket. I will give him that.

Other than that he was making terrible reads, terrible decisions, shitty throws, and nearly threw a pick for the 7th straight game. I haven't checked the stats but I'd imagine his completion % was around 50% and YPA in the 4-5 range.

7th straight? He was playing well the first few weeks apart from pressing on a few third downs because our defense was complete shit. The major setback has been since Buffalo.
[Reply]
EPodolak 03:10 PM 11-08-2021
I wish Pat would just swim downstream when possible. This account of his decision-making yesterday shows otherwise.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kc-chiefs...193011629.html
[Reply]
RunKC 03:17 PM 11-08-2021
It’s the same rut that Alex Smith was in. Like it or not the Super Bowl really figured our offense out.

No reliable running game means you can just play cover 2 and 3 and take away Kelce and Hill and force us to rely on scrubs which isn’t working.

The offense was so much better when we had Kareem, Sammy and Conley. Our WR’s after Tyreek are absolute garbage.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:19 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
7th straight? He was playing well the first few weeks apart from pressing on a few third downs because our defense was complete shit. The major setback has been since Buffalo.
Sorry, he actually did throw at least 1 INT for 7 straight games. Last night would have made it 8 straight games with a pick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:47 PM 11-08-2021
I’ve got faith in Mahomes.

If he’s still pressing like this after the bye week, we might not see him playing comfortably the rest of the year.

He’ll get it figured out
[Reply]
petegz28 03:48 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
I wish Pat would just swim downstream when possible. This account of his decision-making yesterday shows otherwise.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kc-chiefs...193011629.html
Yeah, that's called being stubborn.....

He wanted to give the deep ball a chance.....get the fuck out of here
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:50 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s the same rut that Alex Smith was in. Like it or not the Super Bowl really figured our offense out.

No reliable running game means you can just play cover 2 and 3 and take away Kelce and Hill and force us to rely on scrubs which isn’t working.

The offense was so much better when we had Kareem, Sammy and Conley. Our WR’s after Tyreek are absolute garbage.
No to Conley.

That guy sucked even for a WR3.
[Reply]
petegz28 03:52 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

The offense had Kelce wide open over the middle twice yesterday and Pat saw it but chose to "give the deep ball a chance".

Had he hit Kelce not only does the drive continue it might start opening up the deep ball.

Instead he wants to be stubborn and try to force shit for the sake of forcing it.
[Reply]
TLO 03:55 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The offense had Kelce wide open over the middle twice yesterday and Pat saw it but chose to "give the deep ball a chance".

Had he hit Kelce not only does the drive continue it might start opening up the deep ball.

Instead he wants to be stubborn and try to force shit for the sake of forcing it.
I don't mind the shots down field. The timing has been just a tick off.

I don't disagree that the safe play was to hit Kelce, but meh.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:56 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:

I mean...it was there if Hardman doesn't pull up. He was slightly off the Tyreek throw.

You're just looking for more reasons to shit on him because you have some retarded theory that Mahomes can't play QB.
[Reply]
petegz28 04:01 PM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't mind the shots down field. The timing has been just a tick off.

I don't disagree that the safe play was to hit Kelce, but meh.
As 12+ yard pass with a lot of green behind the receiver is not a safe play..it's the best play.

He chose to try to hit Hardman 40+ yards down field in double coverage.

That isn't timing being off. That's Pat being stubborn.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 72
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up