ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 429 of 2695
« First < 329379419425426427428429 4304314324334394795299291429 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 10:12 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by okcchief:
It's a win win.

Mahomes is exceeding expectations, and Alex has a fire lit under his ass. QB is not my biggest concern with the Chiefs and it's been a long ****ing time since I've felt that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like this!
Attached: ms-sNbWOy.gif (466.2 KB) 
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:17 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Limited snaps in preseason against vanilla defenses won't prove that he's ready to make pre-snap reads, make line adjustments and know where to put the ball by looking at the opposing defensive alignment.

I'm not concerned whatsoever with his ability to learn the playbook but until he can walk up under center and read the defense without thinking about the offense, he'll need to sit and learn.

I don't understand why so many people are intent on rushing him.
And i never understood why people put a timeline on his development.

Those who say "he must wait a season" don't make sense to me. He's ready whenever he's ready. Whether that's week 8, next season, or the season thereafter.

I believe Reid is treating it the same way.

And of course Mahomes is #2. He was NEVER going to be the #3 going into the regular season. #3's don't dress. They didn't sped a 10th overall on a guy so he can wear a T-shirt on the sidelines.
[Reply]
thegame214 10:24 AM 08-14-2017
I'm trying to embed but the guys at Good Morning Football on NFL network were about as giddy as I've ever seen about Mahomes. Check it out on nfl.com if you can it's great.
[Reply]
Frosty 10:28 AM 08-14-2017
People keep bringing up the underthrown long pass on Mahomes' first pass but after looking at the play again in Clay's GIF thread, it looks like he couldn't follow through all the way because the RT has been pushed back basically into his lap.

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:39 AM 08-14-2017

Childress on Mahomes' potential: "He can throw it from a number of different spots, platforms, arm positions. He has a downfield mentality." pic.twitter.com/SuhbnzVS62

— KCTV5 News (@KCTV5) August 14, 2017

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:48 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Frosty:
People keep bringing up the underthrown long pass on Mahomes' first pass but after looking at the play again in Clay's GIF thread, it looks like he couldn't follow through all the way because the RT has been pushed back basically into his lap.

Alex Only/Alexuals would have grand ole circle jerk if said QB completed that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:28 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by thegame214:
I'm trying to embed but the guys at Good Morning Football on NFL network were about as giddy as I've ever seen about Mahomes. Check it out on nfl.com if you can it's great.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/good-morni...tball-to-watch

It's not the best media clip of Mahomes. These guys aren't anything more than football fans who can talk on camera and have journalism connections. They thought Tyler Bray threw a pick on his first pass Friday night.

But even the mediocre ones like this I take in. I watch. And I giggle about. National sports media is talking about how much they like OUR first round QB. The Kansas City Chiefs. Their 1st round QB. And people like him. And are talking about it.

This feels good.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08-14-2017, 11:31 AM
This message has been deleted by PAChiefsGuy.
Tribal Warfare 11:33 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's BS. I was watching with several friends who are not Chief fans and they all said the same thing, the ball was underthrown. It's not the end of the world, it happens but it was underthrown.

That said with Reid here I am confident he'll be fine and I can't wait to see out there eventually when he is ready.
Oh, so you want to designated to that group so PAChiefsGuy handle is just put on and you're not a fan of the team but a player only.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:42 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Oh, so you want to designated to that group so PAChiefsGuy handle is just put on and you're not a fan of the team but a player only.
So because I defend Alex Smith I am a fan of a player and not a team? F*** off.

I'm allowed to have a different opinion than others on here. Just because most of you on here hate him like he slept with your sister doesn't mean you are right. If he was as bad as a lot of you sentimental posters act like he is he wouldn't even be in the NFL.

Respect Alex Smith = not a fan of the Chiefs

Stupidass logic considering he was voted to top 100 players how many times now? Bunch of idiots those NFL players must be! LOL!
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:47 AM 08-14-2017
Mahomes pass: That was underthrown!
Smith pass: Look guys! I told you he could throw deep!
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:47 AM 08-14-2017
I'm going to homergize?... homerfy?... homer it up? Let's go with that. I'm going to homer it up here.

I've got a pretty good friend who's a Packer fan. Back before Rodgers even got the start, the Packers went 4-12 one season under Favre. The very next year was like a 7-9 season or some shit like that.

It was really early on in the season and the Packers were playing on Monday night. Donald Driver was injured, and the team had no RBs (I think they had just gotten rid of Ahman Green). It was Brett Favre coming off this horrible season and a bunch of nameless pukes, one of them a 2nd round rookie named Greg Jennings.

So I watched that game as Favre was leading shit as best as he could. Linemen were false starting, RBs weren't blocking... it was bad. And around the 2nd quarter, I could tell Favre was just like, "Fuck this. This is what we get? Fine, fuck nuts. We're going to be an offense whether you fucking like it or not."

1st down. An 8-yard slant. Favre chucks it between two defenders at 800 MPH. Hits Jennings square in the hands. Dropped. 2nd down. Same play, this time to Ruvell Martin (yeah, I remember that name for some reason), same result. 3rd down. Favre audibles out of the run even though the defense is showing dime. Chucks it again to Jennings on a deep cross. Dropped again.

The next three drives he does the same fucking thing over and over until 3rd down when he finally completes one. 1st down. Favre goes back to the slants. This time to Martin. Catch. He starts getting his shitty non-Ahman Green RBs worked in the screens. All of a sudden the RBs, who were getting stuffed immediately at the line like a bunch of Mike Cloud dipshits started finding some small holes to move through.

After that game Greg Jennings became a real receiver for the Packers. Ruvell Martin obviously didn't work out, but for that game, he wound up with like 75 yards and a TD on like 6 catches. Not shabby.

Gentlemen... I think Patrick Mahomes is this kind of QB. Yes, it's early, and I have NOTHING to base this assertion on whatsoever... but I see a different kind of rapport with the WRs than any other Chiefs QB has had. It's a different kind of energy. It's like a, "Hey, let's go to town and fucking do this. Do what you do and catch my shit, guys."

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Chiefs started producing WRs like Green Bay does in the next coming years. Not this season, obviously. But beginning in Mahomes' first year... we'll have Hill, obviously. I think one of the Conley/Robinson/Chesson group is going to be pretty decent. And I think we're going to see Mahomes find some kind of connection beginning THIS training camp and THIS preseason with one of the random jackasses like Gehrig Dieter or Marcus Kemp. I think they'll be brought into the next offseason via the practice squad, when Mahomes is either promoted to starter or is legitimately competing and challenging Smith for the job.

We're in for some super special shit, guys.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:49 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm going to homergize?... homerfy?... homer it up? Let's go with that. I'm going to homer it up here.

I've got a pretty good friend who's a Packer fan. Back before Rodgers even got the start, the Packers went 4-12 one season under Favre. The very next year was like a 7-9 season or some shit like that.

It was really early on in the season and the Packers were playing on Monday night. Donald Driver was injured, and the team had no RBs (I think they had just gotten rid of Ahman Green). It was Brett Favre coming off this horrible season and a bunch of nameless pukes, one of them a 2nd round rookie named Greg Jennings.

So I watched that game as Favre was leading shit as best as he could. Linemen were false starting, RBs weren't blocking... it was bad. And around the 2nd quarter, I could tell Favre was just like, "**** this. This is what we get? Fine, **** nuts. We're going to be an offense whether you ****ing like it or not."

1st down. An 8-yard slant. Favre chucks it between two defenders at 800 MPH. Hits Jennings square in the hands. Dropped. 2nd down. Same play, this time to Ruvell Martin (yeah, I remember that name for some reason), same result. 3rd down. Favre audibles out of the run even though the defense is showing dime. Chucks it again to Jennings on a deep cross. Dropped again.

The next three drives he does the same ****ing thing over and over until 3rd down when he finally completes one. 1st down. Favre goes back to the slants. This time to Martin. Catch. He starts getting his shitty non-Ahman Green RBs worked in the screens. All of a sudden the RBs, who were getting stuffed immediately at the line like a bunch of Mike Cloud dipshits started finding some small holes to move through.

After that game Greg Jennings became a real receiver for the Packers. Ruvell Martin obviously didn't work out, but for that game, he wound up with like 75 yards and a TD on like 6 catches. Not shabby.

Gentlemen... I think Patrick Mahomes is this kind of QB. Yes, it's early, and I have NOTHING to base this assertion on whatsoever... but I see a different kind of rapport with the WRs than any other Chiefs QB has had. It's a different kind of energy. It's like a, "Hey, let's go to town and ****ing do this. Do what you do and catch my shit, guys."

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if the Chiefs started producing WRs like Green Bay does in the next coming years. Not this season, obviously. But beginning in Mahomes' first year... we'll have Hill, obviously. I think one of the Conley/Robinson/Chesson group is going to be pretty decent. And I think we're going to see Mahomes find some kind of connection beginning THIS training camp and THIS preseason with one of the random jackasses like Gehrig Dieter or Marcus Kemp. I think they'll be brought into the next offseason via the practice squad, when Mahomes is either promoted to starter or is legitimately competing and challenging Smith for the job.

We're in for some super special shit, guys.
:-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:50 AM 08-14-2017
So because I defend Alex Smith I am a fan of a player and not a team? F*** off.

I'm allowed to have a different opinion than others on here. Just because most of you on here hate him like he slept with your sister doesn't mean you are right. If he was as bad as a lot of you sentimental posters act like he is he wouldn't even be in the NFL.

Respect Alex Smith = not a fan of the Chiefs

Stupidass logic considering he was voted to top 100 players how many times now? Bunch of idiots those NFL players must be! LOL!
Did I mention you specifically ? No, I was making generalisation of the transplants and now you've indicated your one of them. Thus, I struck a nerve
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 11:59 AM 08-14-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Mahomes pass: That was underthrown!
Smith pass: Look guys! I told you he could throw deep!
This is not about Alex Smith vs Mahomes. It's just that the ball was underthrown. There's no denying it. I mean it's OK to criticize Mahomes. Lets not turn this board into a 'no criticizing Mahomes board.' If he makes a bad throw I'll criticize him just like I would any Chief player that makes a bad play.

Anyway I'm not worried about one underthrown pass. If it continues to happen then I will but underthrown balls happen.

From what I've read about Patrick he's got plenty of arm strength and loves to sling it but he does have weaknesses he needs to work on like any rookie. One of his weaknesses was listed as 'Needs better touch on intermediate and deep balls.' So we will see. It is something to keep an eye on.

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Did I mention you specifically ? No, I was making generalisation of the transplants and now you've indicated your one of them. Thus, I struck a nerve
Oh okay. I understand now. And yes you did touch a nerve lol. It's cool.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:20 PM 08-14-2017

Anyway I'm not worried about one underthrown pass. I just feel the need to be a dick about one underthrown pass.
FYP
[Reply]
Page 429 of 2695
« First < 329379419425426427428429 4304314324334394795299291429 > Last »
Up