ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4207 of 4931
« First < 3207370741074157419742034204420542064207 42084209421042114217425743074707 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:30 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That is hilarious.
Probably all Thursday night games. The NFL loves to spotlight shit teams on Thursdays
[Reply]
LoneWolf 02:31 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by kcgreene:
No. He's not Dan Quinn. He's Mike McCarthy.

Payton, 1 SB win, 1 SB app, .630 W% w/ 15 seasons of a HoF QB, 9-8 in the Postseason, 7 Division Titles

McCarthy: 1 SB win, 1 SB app, .614 W% w/ 13 seasons of a HoF QB (and 3 yrs in Dallas, .618% if just his GB years), 11-10 in the Postseason (10-8 in GB), 7 Division Titles (6 in GB)

The difference in their Win percentage is 1 game difference in roughly 63 games.

Mike McCarthy is the ultimate Comp for Sean Payton in terms of production output.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, okay. I guess if you look at it through the narrowest, biased prism possible, you may have a point.

Though, once you compare records, win%, playoff appearances, playoff wins, etc. between Quinn/Payton, your keen analysis/opinion doesn't really hold up.
kcgreene said all that is needed to say. You can continue to gargle Payton's balls if you wish though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:49 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
kcgreene said all that is needed to say. You can continue to gargle Payton's balls if you wish though.
Lol, now you're on the McCarthy train? Make up your mind.

Whatever. My point has been simply that Payton is a significantly better HC/OC than Hackett. Imo, Sean's better than McCarthy as well, a few stats without context notwithstanding. But go ahead and believe whatever you want about McCarthy and Sean if it makes you feel better.:-)
[Reply]
PHOG 02:56 PM 05-11-2023
I know if that shithead Payton runs that bountygate again, we should skewer that fucker when they come to Arrowhead.

And THIS time, that fucker will be COMPLETELY out of the NFL. POS
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:00 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
It's not like he was awful in SD, but he made 1 pro bowl there, and then was immediately receiving MVP votes his first season in NO. He had 1 season out of 4 in SD with a rating above 90, then had 14 out of 15 seasons in NO with a rating above 90.
You do remember who his head coach was in San Diego don't you? Marty Schottenheimer. Not exactly a coach known for running an air it out offense. Especially when the had LT to run the ball. The fact that he did as well as he did in that offense speaks volumes. I would venture to say that had he gone to the Chiefs and they retained Vermeil instead hiring Beuhler's favorite coach Herm, that he would have just as good of a career in KC. Probably better, with multiple Superbowls.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 03:02 PM 05-11-2023
Guys, come on. Let's remember that the NFC landscape was very different then. The NFC was the tougher conference for most of Sean's tenure with NOR.

Also, if not for two bizarro calls/non-calls in two NFCCGs, NOR probably would've gone to at least two more SBs.
My point has been simply that Payton is a significantly better HC/OC than Hackett.
That wasn't really your point at all. If you would have said: "Guys, come on. Payton is significantly better than probably the worst NFL head coach in the last 30 years." I doubt anyone would have argued with you.

You made him out to be the best coach in the NFL, next to Belichick, during his time in New Orleans.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:17 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

:-)
:-) Klis is as inaccurate as you.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:37 PM 05-11-2023
That wasn't really your point at all. If you would have said: "Guys, come on. Payton is significantly better than probably the worst NFL head coach in the last 30 years." I doubt anyone would have argued with you.

You made him out to be the best coach in the NFL, next to Belichick, during his time in New Orleans.
I think i literally said somewhere in this thread that "Sean was significantly better than Hackett."

And I doubt I ever said that Sean was better than Bill as a HC. I do remember saying in this thread that Sean and Bill came from the same coaching tree (Parcells) and that his style of discipline would probably be about the same. I would add here that Sean is demonstrably a better offensive-minded coach than Bill.

I have also said that Sean was one of the best QB whisperers in his time at NOR, also not only a fact, but widely agreed upon by every other NFL DC coach in the NFL over the last 20 years. Neither Dan Quinn or Mike McCarthy have ever been described in a similar fashion.

You're really upset about the whole Dan Quinn thing aren't you? Get over it. You were wrong and I was right, just accept it and move on, sunshine.:-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:40 PM 05-11-2023
It's a Thursday and the Broncos still suck.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:44 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
I know if that shithead Payton runs that bountygate again, we should skewer that fucker when they come to Arrowhead.

And THIS time, that fucker will be COMPLETELY out of the NFL. POS
He’s going to do it, he always has.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 04:33 PM 05-11-2023
I think i literally said somewhere in this thread that "Sean was significantly better than Hackett."

And I doubt I ever said that Sean was better than Bill as a HC. I do remember saying in this thread that Sean and Bill came from the same coaching tree (Parcells) and that his style of discipline would probably be about the same. I would add here that Sean is demonstrably a better offensive-minded coach than Bill.

I have also said that Sean was one of the best QB whisperers in his time at NOR, also not only a fact, but widely agreed upon by every other NFL DC coach in the NFL over the last 20 years. Neither Dan Quinn or Mike McCarthy have ever been described in a similar fashion.

You're really upset about the whole Dan Quinn thing aren't you? Get over it. You were wrong and I was right, just accept it and move on, sunshine.:-)
I wasn't wrong about anything. I simply stated that Dan Quinn had just as much success as Payton with the exception of blowing a huge lead in the SuperBowl. Payton is a fraud and you can't really be considered a "QB whisperer" when you only whispered to one already great QB. His playoff record speaks for itself. But, continue to gargle those balls. Do they taste like Katrina water?
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:50 PM 05-11-2023
I wasn't wrong about anything. I simply stated that Dan Quinn had just as much success as Payton with the exception of blowing a huge lead in the SuperBowl. Payton is a fraud and you can't really be considered a "QB whisperer" when you only whispered to one already great QB. His playoff record speaks for itself. But, continue to gargle those balls. Do they taste like Katrina water?
Lol, Dan Quinn is a middling HC, with a middling record to prove it, and yeah, he managed to blow the biggest lead in SB history. Whee, your a genius.

And again, over the years, Sean has been able to make terrible QBs serviceable, whether it's for a few series or a few games, like Jameis Winston, Bridgewater, Brunell, even Taysom hill.

Only Andy seems more capable in that department.

So yeah, I'd count Sean as a QB whisperer. Not quite on the same level as Andy, but when you look around the league, well, let's just say your Dan Quinns or Mike McCarthys just aren't on that level, not even close.

Sorry if that hurts your feelings or whatever, but the facts are pretty clear.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:51 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Probably all Thursday night games. The NFL loves to spotlight shit teams on Thursdays
Rumor is Denver @ KC in week 6 on Thursday night.

W10 - Broncos @ Bills on MNF

W11 - Broncos host Vikings on SNF

And, who knows... they're just rumors.
[Reply]
TEX 04:56 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Rumor is Denver @ KC in week 6 on Thursday night.

W10 - Broncos @ Bills on MNF

W11 - Broncos host Vikings on SNF

And, who knows... they're just rumors.
Wow, a team with six losing seasons in a row, with the second longest active playoff drought in the NFL, gets to play three National games??? Go figure...
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 04:58 PM 05-11-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Wow, a team with six losing seasons in a row, with the second longest active playoff drought in the NFL, gets to play three National games??? Go figure...
Maybe that's the debt they pay... not exactly ideal matchups.
[Reply]
Page 4207 of 4931
« First < 3207370741074157419742034204420542064207 42084209421042114217425743074707 > Last »
Up