ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 85
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Handy-Man Corner
Iowanian 08:25 AM 09-24-2004
I'm tired of bad Chiefs news.....

I thought it would be a good idea for a thread on the Handy-Man.

Do you have any Home remedies, gadgets you've made, advice on car repair, home maint, sollutions to kill weeds in your yard, bugs in your garden?

Use Coke to clean your batteries? That type of stuff.
Home made floor dry?
[Reply]
Rooster 02:35 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:
You could have fixed it before by sealing it. But that ship has sailed. I'd be interested to hear answers from a concrete guru. I've seen this from time to time and a simple, effective fix might be something to throw into my own bag of tricks.
Damn. I was hoping you had a trick already. :-) We moved in three years ago and the sealing wasn't even on my radar.

The more I read it sounds like something that needs to be done yearly. I just have never seen anyone sealing their driveway before.
[Reply]
Phobia 02:36 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Rooster:
Damn. I was hoping you had a trick already. :-) We moved in three years ago and the sealing wasn't even on my radar.

The more I read it sounds like something that needs to be done yearly. I just have never seen anyone sealing their driveway before.
Nah - dude - nobody does that yearly. Not even a contractor.
[Reply]
Chiefs Rool 02:44 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Hey to each their own, dude. If I want a dog, I go pick one up. The same goes for an ATV, truck, gun, whatever. I have never been given a hard time by my wife about it. I'm a lucky guy, but that's also why I'm still married.
yup, you must be lucky. It's been a couple of months since I the cheating bitch confessed, all of the sudden I have freedom and a lot more money...at least for now.
[Reply]
Rooster 02:53 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Nah - dude - nobody does that yearly. Not even a contractor.
I didn't think so.
[Reply]
blaise 02:54 PM 04-04-2011
I'm changing my garbage disposal today. I thought it would be quick but the new one is wider on top and now I have to change the lengths of the other pipes in there to make it all fit.
[Reply]
Phobia 02:55 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by blaise:
I'm changing my garbage disposal today. I thought it would be quick but the new one is wider on top and now I have to change the lengths of the other pipes in there to make it all fit.
Should be about 30 seconds.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 03:07 PM 04-04-2011
Where can i get durable screen in bulk? The stuff they sell at lowes and home depot is junk.
Gonna rescreen the porch. 18 screens.
[Reply]
tooge 03:36 PM 04-04-2011
plain old store bought beer will make your girlfriend much more attractive. Saves a ton of money on cosmetics and gym memberships
[Reply]
vailpass 03:43 PM 04-04-2011
Any of you guys ever watch the Red Green show? Fugging great show. Now THAT is a handyman.
[Reply]
WV 04:51 PM 04-04-2011
Anyone ever put a storm door on an entry door with two side lights? I'd imagine I just need to build out the jam on each side, but was wondering if there was anything special to take into consideration?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:58 PM 04-04-2011
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
Where can i get durable screen in bulk? The stuff they sell at lowes and home depot is junk.
Gonna rescreen the porch. 18 screens.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#
Its handyman heaven
[Reply]
Bwana 05:00 PM 04-04-2011
I plan to scrub the cement in the garage this spring and seal it with something. What's a good product to use, that will last?
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 07:36 AM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by Bwana:
I plan to scrub the cement in the garage this spring and seal it with something. What's a good product to use, that will last?
http://www.vseal.com/
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 08:15 AM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#
Its handyman heaven
i think i heart that site.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:17 AM 04-05-2011
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
http://www.vseal.com/
So you have used this? How did it hold up?
[Reply]
Page 42 of 85
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up