ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 270
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do we want DeHop?
ROYC75 01:21 PM 03-01-2023
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...9536dcd3&ei=21

Story by Andrew Gould

The Kansas City Chiefs won the Super Bowl without a star wide receiver, but they could reportedly make an elite offense even scarier by acquiring DeAndre Hopkins.

NFL insider Benjamin Albright told PHNX Cardinals that Kansas City is the "primary suitor" for Hopkins. He doesn't know the draft compensation the Cardinals would receive, but he said it's more likely they get a second-round pick than a first.

After the 2022 season, theScore's Jordan Schultz reported that the Cardinals plan to trade Hopkins this offseason.

Arizona hired a new general manager and head coach after a disappointing four-win season, and Hopkins is set to make $19.45 million (with a $30.75 million cap hit) in 2023. The Cardinals could seek a clean slate by moving the three-time All-Pro wideout, who turns 31 in June.

Hopkins began his Cardinals career by tallying 1,407 yards and six touchdowns in 2020. However, multiple lower body injuries limited him to 10 games in 2021, and he served a six-game suspension to start the 2022 season for violating the NFL's PED policy.

Yet he remains an impact player when on the field. Hopkins totaled 474 receiving yards in six full games with quarterback Kyler Murray last season.

Now imagine what he can accomplish when catching passes from Patrick Mahomes.

The Chiefs flourished without a star replacement for Tyreek Hill, but they could still benefit by solidifying the position this offseason. JuJu Smith-Schuster is a free agent after garnering 78 catches for 933 yards on a one-year deal. The depth chart features several talented question marks in Mecole Hardman, Kadarius Toney, and Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

Adding Hopkins could be great news for Kansas City, but terrible for all opposing defenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do we want a high priced prima donna?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:51 AM 03-05-2023
This is a false equivalency. Green Bay drafted poorly and hardly signed any free agents. KC literally did the opposite the past few years
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:03 AM 03-05-2023
What? I couldn't understand you with all the echoes.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03-05-2023, 02:05 AM
This message has been deleted by Megatron96. Reason: q
Megatron96 02:08 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
This is a false equivalency. Green Bay drafted poorly and didn't really sign any free agents. This isn't the case in KC we literally saw it last season
So one season of great drafting, though no WRs really, means it's going to be smooth sailing for the next twenty years, huh? Good to know.

Btw, NE did it too. And how many years did they go between dynasties?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:17 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
So one season of great drafting, though no WRs really, means it's going to be smooth sailing for the next twenty years, huh? Good to know.

Huh what? Veach has pieced together 2 great drafts and has signed free agent WRs at great value not only helping his QB win league MVP but a super bowl as well. Jesus christ dude are you purposely being obtuse? This is nothing like Rodgers tenure the last decade + or Bradys 10 year span of not winning a super bowl. It's like you're throwing poor examples at the wall hoping they stick so you have an excuse for trading for Hopkins
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:19 AM 03-05-2023
Like did you miss the signing of JuJu or MVS? Maybe you didn't watch the last half of the season where Pacheco a 7th round pick was a huge piece of the offense?

For fucks sake damn near every draft pick contributed in the post season. He also traded for Kadarius Toney.

Comparing that to Green Bays front office get the fuck out of here with that horrible argument
[Reply]
kccrow 06:15 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Dude, give me a break.

I hardly think Toney is a Hardman clone by any stretch. But you’re really bringing Hopkins into the conversation in any sort of a relevant way?

Toney and Hardman bring big play gadget-ish ability with high upside. Hopkins is a borderline HOF receiver at the latter part of his career.

Make all sorts of false comparisons if you choose but bemoaning Hopkins because you’re losing Hardman is laughable.
Are you actually fucking retarded? I think you are. Go back and read you fucking dumbass fuck. Of all the fucking idiots on this board, you're right at the top.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:40 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Are you actually fucking reeruned? I think you are. Go back and read you fucking dumbass fuck. Of all the fucking idiots on this board, you're right at the top.
This amount of anger is just latent spillover from Twisted owning your ass in the Matt Ariza thread. Let it go, dude. Everybody has obviously forgotten that you are a rape apologists who doesn’t believe in the science behind blacking out while drinking. You never see the real Mel Kiper get upset when people call him an idiot. Try to be more like your idol.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:19 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:
Not me
Go check out WR salaries at OTC or Spotrac and see if you still feel the same way.

That price point is the bottom of mid/low tier WR.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:24 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Oh dude. What? Come on. You're deliberately being obtuse. You don't even believe the things you're saying now.

It's like I don't even know you anymore.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:01 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why on earth did you take the time to list a bunch of worthless names to create a false narrative instead of making the information relevant?

Brett Veachs 2nd round picks:

Hardman
Thornhill
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Moore

Yeah…I’d say those second round picks are important.

If he was 28…the conversation is different.
I provided a false narrative?? I provided historical context and felt the year 2000 was a good reference point. Why tf didnt you list Veachs 2017 and 2018 second rounders if you want to keep it to just Veach?? Kpass and Breeland Speaks? Two complete busts! Veach has been GM since 2017.

Kpass
Speaks
Hardman
Thornhill
Gay
Bolton
Humphrey
Moore

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Of that group listed above I wouldnt be surprised if only 2/8 earn a second contract (Humphrey and Bolton). TBD on Gay.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:07 AM 03-05-2023
This thread has proven, Hopkins is a homewrecker. That would be detrimental to team chemistry
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 03-05-2023
I’m not, as you all know, opposed to making a trade for some weapons

I just wouldn’t do it for a guy this age
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:36 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m not, as you all know, opposed to making a trade for some weapons

I just wouldn’t do it for a guy this age
and at this cost, at this particular moment in time, when our QB is about to be 23% of our cap.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:37 AM 03-05-2023
DeAndre picked up the mantel were Megatron left off. Drafted by a bad team destined to be a stat warrior only. Texans-Cards-screwed any say where he goes by a team with no ties
[Reply]
O.city 08:47 AM 03-05-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and at this cost, at this particular moment in time, when our QB is about to be 23% of our cap.
We have so many many guys in rookie deals we could do it but again, atleast make a swing for a guy that’s young
[Reply]
Page 42 of 270
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up