ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 258
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2023 Free Agency
O.city 11:01 AM 03-01-2023
Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:40 AM 03-10-2023
If Juju prices himself out I would be in on Theilen or Slayton.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:13 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Thielen will play 8 games max and be injured for the rest. When healthy, he might be good enough to be our 4th WR. Might.

He’s not worth it
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:17 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Thielen will play 8 games max and be injured for the rest. When healthy, he might be good enough to be our 4th WR. Might.

He’s not worth it
You’re forgetting that we’ve heard of him though
[Reply]
Balto 10:18 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Jesus people, this whole we can't pay ______ because player x needs a contract.

You can pay multiple big contracts on the line, its how they are staggered that really matters. The fact that it appears we are not going to pay OBJ creates a pot of OLine money you can play with. It all depends on how Veach attacks the line rebuild.

Yes. Creed is going to get paid. No doubt in my mind. The guy you have to wonder about is Trey Smith, because I don't think you can sign both those guys in the same year, UNLESS, Veach slays the draft once again.

Currently the only guy we really pay anything for is Thuney. He's cemented at his position for 2023, after that you could move on from him if you wanted to give his money to a younger player (ie Smith or whoever your replacement at LT is).

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Veach pay for a RT and use the draft to find our LT. If the right side is shored up, then we can scheme to help the rookie which is way better than scheming to help a guy who wants to be paid as one of the top LT's in the game.

I guess my point is this, there are ample resources to spend on the line rebuild. It just might not be used in the conventional way, I mean we had no tackles on Veach spent huge money on a guard. But it worked. There is more than one way to do this.
I'm thinking your spot on with paying Creed and I also think Veach will either move on or ask Thuney to a lower deal so Smith can get paid as well.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:18 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Jesus people, this whole we can't pay ______ because player x needs a contract.

You can pay multiple big contracts on the line, its how they are staggered that really matters. The fact that it appears we are not going to pay OBJ creates a pot of OLine money you can play with. It all depends on how Veach attacks the line rebuild.

Yes. Creed is going to get paid. No doubt in my mind. The guy you have to wonder about is Trey Smith, because I don't think you can sign both those guys in the same year, UNLESS, Veach slays the draft once again.

Currently the only guy we really pay anything for is Thuney. He's cemented at his position for 2023, after that you could move on from him if you wanted to give his money to a younger player (ie Smith or whoever your replacement at LT is).

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Veach pay for a RT and use the draft to find our LT. If the right side is shored up, then we can scheme to help the rookie which is way better than scheming to help a guy who wants to be paid as one of the top LT's in the game.

I guess my point is this, there are ample resources to spend on the line rebuild. It just might not be used in the conventional way, I mean we had no tackles on Veach spent huge money on a guard. But it worked. There is more than one way to do this.
Likely to be expensive, but I’d love to go get Wirfs. That would solidify the RT spot for the duration of the contract! But idk if allocating that much to RT is something Veach is willing to do.
[Reply]
Christian & Barry 10:20 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Thielen is 33 yrs old at start of season. He was good in 2018 though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:21 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Likely to be expensive, but I’d love to go get Wirfs. That would solidify the RT spot for the duration of the contract! But idk if allocating that much to RT is something Veach is willing to do.
Why would the Bucs trade away their LT now that they cut Donovan Smith?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 10:22 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
You’re forgetting that we’ve heard of him though
Not only have I heard of him, I once selected him on a Madden fantasy draft and he had like 750 yards and 5 TD that season!

He was destined to be a Chief.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 10:23 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Why would the Bucs trade away their LT now that they cut Donovan Smith?
They’re trying to clear cap space. Not saying they would, but would at least be worth Bart checking in and seeing what kind of possibilities there are. Probably a pipe dream though. Probably more likely they exercise his 5th year option.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 03-10-2023
The contracts aren't all going to hit at once. It's like a play spinning game. They'll figure it out.
[Reply]
KSCHIEF 10:24 AM 03-10-2023
As we inch closer to FA looks like multiple teams are in some stage of "blow it all up" mode due to realizing they have no shot at actually contending or cap reasons or both. Man it's great being a Chiefs fan... we just get to sort through the wreckage of these other franchises to add pieces to our dynasty.

Remember when we used to be like these other teams? I mean if you're a Saints fan you are spending your time convincing yourself that Carr can be a top-3 NFC QB and you have a new window to compete... meanwhile your coach blows, your best players are old, and realistically you're staring at a 1st round exit in the playoffs for the next 2 years and then blow it all up and start over.

Some teams to monitor over the next week for potential cap casualties or jettisoning assets in a trade.

Vikings - Theilen released + Z Smith likely gone + Dalvin on the block + Harrison Smith potential cap casualty

Titans - Slew of cuts already + Derrick Henry on the block + Bud Dupree expected to be cut

Bucs - Released Donovan Smith + Still a lot of work to do by next week to get under cap.

Rams - Situation is bleak and looking uglier by the report. Well over the cap. Paying big money to guys including Stafford and Allen Robinson and now trying to convince the rest of the NFL to trade for them. They really did sell their soul for that SB. I don't think anyone will touch their players with a 10-foot pole.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:40 AM 03-10-2023
The Rams are the Royals heading into 2017. They made a meager attempt after winning it all and it failed, now they dont even want to get out of bed.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:03 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Keenan Allen isn't going to be cut I guess.

I thought Sean Payton went to Denver?
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I still get the impression that the organization and Houston parted on pretty bad terms.

I've never gotten the feeling that either side is interested in a reunion.
id like to know why Houston snd Berry felt the way they did about KC. Both got historic contracts.

Possibly the way their injuries were handled they felt wasn’t ideal for them.

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We're tough to stop right now as it is even with boring shitty ol' JJSS.

I prefer to make as many longterm friendly moves during this Mahomes era, and only ever dip into "splash" moves when the hole or the need is especially gaping. That's the strategy Brap Vortch has taken for 5 years and its won us two Super Bowls.
I totally agree. I’m not a fan of trading anything for a 31 year old WR that once his type of player loses a step it’s a game changer.

That post was just saying that the only way you could justify it is to try to max the window we have with a HOF TE already in his mid 30s.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:07 AM 03-10-2023
I'll never understand why players agree to back loaded contracts

majority of those will never get completed, they will get cut first it seems

front load those things
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:11 AM 03-10-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
While, it feels like we can’t. I recall old Bert Rollin up in this bitch with like $142 and, a stack of Papa John’s coupons and whipping his magic stick out, and owning the league not too many seasons ago. Mother fucker is a MAGICIAN!! Watch what he does!

New Jones contract? Done
LT and RT locked up? Done
New DL? Done
New weapon for Pat and Andy?? DONE

I think we will erect a Blurt Meach statue….. IN THE MIDDLE OF KANSAS FUCKING CITY!!!!!!! THAT WILL MAKE THE STATUE OF UNITY LOOK LIKE A MODEL TRAIN PIECE!!!!!!!!!

Well, I hope anyway! I have faith!!

Lol, okay, 'This is the Way.' LFG!!!
[Reply]
Page 42 of 258
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up