ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 72
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The race for the #1 seed in the AFC
BossChief 03:21 PM 11-06-2022
With Buffalo losing to NY today, if we beat Tennessee tonight we will be tied for 1st place in the AFC but Buffalo owns the head to head tiebreaker.

It’s going to be interesting to see the energy KC comes out with tonight.
[Reply]
philfree 10:05 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Hypothetically speaking if theses seedings stay the same going to the last week and no chance to get the 1 seed do you lose on purpose to move down a spot if possible?
The 2 seed is still better than the 3 so I wouldn't want to give that up. There would still be a chance to have the AFCC at Arrowhead if the 1 seed gets knocked off. You never lose on purpose even if you rest some guys.
[Reply]
scho63 10:07 AM 12-12-2022
If we wind up having to go to Buffalo in bad weather, we will be in trouble.

And I FUCKING HATE that Cincy Stadium. It's cursed.
[Reply]
TEX 10:18 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:

And I ****ING HATE that Cincy Stadium. It's cursed.
KC will be in trouble when they face a great QB no matter where they play. But yes, I agree with your statement.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:24 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
KC will be in trouble when they face a great QB no matter where they play. But yes, I agree with your statement.
Well we have an elite QB too. We were a Butker missed FG away from 27 points in their house. That’s not counting the Kelce fumble

We’ll score more points with Hardman and Toney back
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:

And I FUCKING HATE that Cincy Stadium. It's cursed.
the afc runs through buffalo
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:26 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
You don't need to be a great QB to post an adequate game against a team that doesn't have much of a pass rush. We end up gambling with pressure and it brings some big plays for the opponent, like we saw on Denver's long screen pass TD yesterday.

Having to rely on blitz packages to generate pressure in this way serves to make the opponents' point total outcomes more random, essentially, because big plays normally rely on somewhat random events. A heavy blitz meeting a screen play call, an outside run meets a missed tackle at the second level, etc.

Generally we will outscore most teams, but increased randomization of outcomes for the opposing offense raises the possibility that they will score above their mean. Our lack of anyone in the front who can create problems other than Jones creates this.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:31 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Well we have an elite QB too. We were a Butker missed FG away from 27 points in their house. That’s not counting the Kelce fumble
Yeah, the winner of those games will likely have to score 30+ just like most big playoff games in the past decade. Luckily the Chiefs don't listen to those who want to run the ball 30 times in those types of games (yesterday would have been nice though!) and take the game back to the 90s.

That alone doesn't make your defense shitty, it just means you're playing against elite offenses that tend to score at will, so you have to do the same.
[Reply]
Wilson8 10:55 AM 12-12-2022
Not good for Miami -

Originally Posted by :
On Saturday night, the Dolphins face the Bills in Buffalo. At least one forecast calls for 4-7 inches of snow that day. Patrick Hammer of WGRZ-TV tweeted earlier this morning that “ingredients are coming together for lake effect snows” in the coming weekend. “Orchard Park and the Southtowns could be the target zone.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ght-snow-game/
[Reply]
Eleazar 10:57 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Not good for Miami -

Raises the possibility they'll be playing in a dome somewhere. Lions are on the road again this weekend.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:57 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Not good for Miami -

It's not good for Buffalo either, they're built to not play in that...
[Reply]
tredadda 11:00 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yeah, but Miami thrives on the backs of Waddle and Hill. If the field is poor that neutralizes a lot of that speed. Not sure Miami can win a power game against Buffalo.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:01 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
the team with a running QB and a defense has a huge advantage in this weather

miami's getting fucking crushed
[Reply]
TEX 11:03 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
You don't need to be a great QB to post an adequate game against a team that doesn't have much of a pass rush. We end up gambling with pressure and it brings some big plays for the opponent, like we saw on Denver's long screen pass TD yesterday.

Having to rely on blitz packages to generate pressure in this way serves to make the opponents' point total outcomes more random, essentially, because big plays normally rely on somewhat random events. A heavy blitz meeting a screen play call, an outside run meets a missed tackle at the second level, etc.

Generally we will outscore most teams, but increased randomization of outcomes for the opposing offense raises the possibility that they will score above their mean. Our lack of anyone in the front who can create problems other than Jones creates this.
We are saying the same thing... My statement was meant to keep things simple. The great QB will beat the blitz, where an average QB wont. The Great QB will score when we're struggling offensively, as we tend to do from time to time (mostly due to bad play calling and having turnstile Tackles).
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:05 AM 12-12-2022
boy the Fins are soft

Originally Posted by :
Miami had heaters near their bench inside the dome at SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, Calif., with temperatures outside hovering around 55 degrees. Next Saturday night, when the Dolphins travel to Orchard Park, N.Y. to play the Buffalo Bills, early weather reports call for snow and temperatures in the 20s.

[Reply]
TEX 11:09 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

We’ll score more points with Hardman and Toney back
Oh, I think we will too with Hardman back (I'm not counting on Toney, but if / when he can play, he will help matters).

The Bengals messed up scoring opportunities also. The biggest difference in the game was in the trenches. They CAN get pressure with their front 4 and we cant. Their OL can stop our pass rush, and ours cant stop theirs, in particular our Tackles. Unless we improve the pass rush with the down 4, and get better play from BOTH our Offensive Tackles, we'll have a hard time with The Natti, no matter where we play them.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 72
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up