ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 55
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2022-23 NHL Thread ****
RockChalk 11:39 AM 10-11-2022
Didn't see one, so figured with the season starting tonight, we better get one going.

Anyone have any bold predictions? I think mine might be that the Wild make the Western Conference Finals.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:30 PM 05-23-2023
Whoa. Is this going to get out of hand this early?
[Reply]
DaFace 06:38 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
You know, against my better judgement, I'm beginning to like VGK.
It's hard to hate when the alternative is Dallas.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:40 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Lol, too true.

Also helps that there's at least two former Blues on VGK that I always liked.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:44 PM 05-23-2023
Yeah but it's the home of the raiders. I have separation issues.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:45 PM 05-23-2023
You know, against my better judgement, I'm beginning to like VGK.
They're easier to watch since they got rid of a few of their goons like Reaves (they obviously still have it in them) and they now have a first line forward in Eichel.

It would still be hilarious if they didn't win a Cup in such a year that everything has lined up for them, but of course that's on the Panthers this year to deliver.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:49 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
They're easier to watch since they got rid of a few of their goons like Reaves (they obviously still have it in them) and they now have a first line forward in Eichel.

It would still be hilarious if they didn't win a Cup in such a year that everything has lined up for them, but of course that's on the Panthers this year to deliver.
Reaves was a Blue, so I have a soft spot for him. Though on offense i kind of hated him most of his time in STL.

But mostly, I hate DAL, so I'd probably be rooting for almost any team vs. DAL.

Tbh, I don't care who wins the Cup this year. Just want to see some good hockey until it's over. Otherwise, I'd have to watch NBA or MLB.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:51 PM 05-23-2023

Would be a funny irony if he wins the Cup before McDavid.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:59 PM 05-23-2023
Reaves was a Blue, so I have a soft spot for him. Though on offense i kind of hated him most of his time in STL.

But mostly, I hate DAL, so I'd probably be rooting for almost any team vs. DAL.

Tbh, I don't care who wins the Cup this year. Just want to see some good hockey until it's over. Otherwise, I'd have to watch NBA or MLB.
Yeah, he's a dying breed... at the very least the Tom Wilsons of the world can actually play hockey when they aren't busy trying to murder people.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:01 PM 05-23-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Would be a funny irony if he wins the Cup before McDavid.
Man, I really feel for McDavid and Draisaitl... watching their goony teammates take ridiculously stupid penalties and suspensions year after year, or being Mike Smith'd out of the playoffs and so forth. Seems like they've had a focus on defense the past few years and still can't break through.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:04 PM 05-23-2023
Yeah, he's a dying breed... at the very least the Tom Wilsons of the world can actually play hockey when they aren't busy trying to murder people.
Yah, that kind of player is fading fast. Kind of miss it. But Reaves took too many dumb penalties as well. Live by the sword and all that.

I missed the Benn penalty the first time around. Wow, what was he thinking? Seems really out of character.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:29 PM 05-23-2023
Man, I really feel for McDavid and Draisaitl... watching their goony teammates take ridiculously stupid penalties and suspensions year after year, or being Mike Smith'd out of the playoffs and so forth. Seems like they've had a focus on defense the past few years and still can't break through.
Perhaps it’s me and I will acknowledge that I missed it if I have, but I can’t remember a playoff game where McDavid imposed his will and took over a game and dominated. He’s consistent no doubt, but as a generational talent I don’t see it. Draisaitl on the other hand has been flat out dominant at times though. Not disagreeing that they still need help and their supporting cast does them no favors, but still. Now I do caveat that I could be wrong, but I don’t remember. Oh and I love watching McDavid play.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:51 PM 05-23-2023
Dangit. I had to walk away. What happened now?
[Reply]
DaFace 08:01 PM 05-23-2023
Just caught the clip of Benn being a fucking idiot. Yeah, fuck Dallas.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:02 PM 05-23-2023
I also just realized that we actually have a chance of having four sweeps across the NHL and NBA. Crazy.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:10 PM 05-23-2023
Just caught the clip of Benn being a fucking idiot. Yeah, fuck Dallas.
That was just a stupid, stupid penalty. The Captain of the team is probably done for the rest of the series barring Dallas pulling out a Game 4 and possibly 5 win.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 55
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up