ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 94
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:03 PM 12-30-2022
Pretty cool that our Frank Clark has added coverage to his repertoire.

It’s impressive when a player later in the career is still improving from already-peak form.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:08 PM 12-30-2022
If he has a good showing in the playoffs, we may even get a pick for him instead of cutting him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:09 PM 12-30-2022
Spags said in some presser last season that Frank had played DB at some point early in his career, forget whether it was HS or college.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:50 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I notice you didn't provide the breakdown for how he got to that figure against Houston....

You seem to have neglected to include his 56.3 pas rush grade in that game. In fact, his highest individual grade against Houston was a 78.2...in coverage.

So I guess it's time to add that to his resume - Frank Clark: Lockdown corner.

Clark's had 3 straight games w/ a pass rush grade below 60. He's had one pass rush grade above 70 (i.e. starting caliber) all season. Meanwhile he's had 6 below 60.

Oh, and even with all that, his pass rush grade on the season is actually HIGHER than his run stop grade. And his tackling grade is a laughably bad 30.4. That shitty tackler, Justin Reid, has a 49.8 by comparison.

Frank Clark isn't good at ANYTHING. He's not getting better at ANYTHING. His Denver game was his 2nd worst game of the season in week 14. His Seattle game was just another completely forgettable, sub-starting level performance. The only 'good' game he's had this season was the Houston game and that was fueled by, of all things, his coverage rating.

Frank Clark's a bad football player.
You can hate on Frank, but to say he's bad is being obtuse... JAG, sure, Bad is just a lame take.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:55 PM 12-30-2022
He’s bad alright…a badass motherfucker
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 08:47 PM 12-30-2022
He’s fucking terrible.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:04 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's not a strip sack. At all.

Guys 5 yards past the LOS and has Frank Clark in his dust.

A strip sack would require Frank Clark actually get upfield on a rush - something that he doesn't demonstrate an ability to do with any regularity at all. That MIGHT have been worth giving him credit for. Instead he just got smoked by the LT and beat to the corner by a statue.

If Willie Gay doesn't turn Mills inside, Clark's toasted. By Davis !@#$ing Mills.

Clark was the beneficiary of his teammates salvaging another of his shitty reps after Master Edge Setter got beat so badly he left the corner wide open for Mike Vick 2.0 to get outside of the pocket and into the open field.

And you're sitting here acting like we should be lighting candles in his honor.
I've been on this since he's been here. He cannot do a fucking thing on his own. All of his playoff sacks, but 1 in 2019 happened because of his teammates. His teammates dominate the play and he happens to luck into a sack. Most of the people in here are clearly trolling, but then there are a select few that think he's actually doing good.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:14 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I've been on this since he's been here. He cannot do a ****ing thing on his own. All of his playoff sacks, but 1 in 2019 happened because of his teammates. His teammates dominate the play and he happens to luck into a sack. Most of the people in here are clearly trolling, but then there are a select few that think he's actually doing good.
You should start another thread...
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:25 PM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
You should start another thread...
Wow really good reply! A+

I don't start threads more often than most do I?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:03 AM 12-31-2022
TwistedChief...do you want my Venmo now or later?

Haha actually Im kinda scared hes gonna reel off some garbage sacks in a game like this and vs some broke dick vs Las Vegas.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:12 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
TwistedChief...do you want my Venmo now or later?

Haha actually Im kinda scared hes gonna reel off some garbage sacks in a game like this and vs some broke dick vs Las Vegas.
I don't do venmo but have PayPal or can mail you cash or a check. Of course, that's if he doesn't break out the next couple weeks.

I still think the suspension should've reduced the over/under down to 7 as that's not exactly something that's within his control (as an injury would be).
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:13 AM 12-31-2022
I've been on this since he's been here. He cannot do a ****ing thing on his own. All of his playoff sacks, but 1 in 2019 happened because of his teammates. His teammates dominate the play and he happens to luck into a sack. Most of the people in here are clearly trolling, but then there are a select few that think he's actually doing good.
Ok, I'm not necessarily defending Clark, but you do understand that this is kind of how things work, right?

If you have one dominant defensive lineman, you just work away from them. If you have two, that's a lot harder to do, and the play of one affects the other, and the other, and the other. It's a team sport.

Clark has been underwhelming, but this is always how things work up front. It's pretty rare to just completely overwhelm a professional offensive lineman off the snap and get a sack in .5 seconds.

I think we can be honest about being frustrated with a gigantic overpay for Clark without being hyperbolic.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:17 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by :
I think we can be honest about being frustrated with a gigantic overpay for Clark without being hyperbolic.
Agreed. And he also sucks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:31 AM 12-31-2022
Wow really good reply! A+

I don't start threads more often than most do I?

It not quantity, it's quality...
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:41 AM 12-31-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'm still not a fan of Frank Clark, in case anyone was wondering.
That’s because he fucking sucks and you have better taste.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 94
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Up