ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 54
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:08 PM 06-22-2022
I'm not the high-level nerd some of you are, but I liked it well enough as I was watching each week. But looking back and overall, this show just doesn't seem like a very good idea. They just really should have thought of a better story.

Obi wan and Vader meeting at all kind of mucks up the scene in ANH where they meet and it's pretty clear that it's their first meeting since Anakin was toasted at Mustafar.

Obviously, both characters needed to survive this series. But Vader letting Obi Wan survive twice was silly. And Obi Wan letting Vader survive...I get that Kenobi was conflicted and had the sads, but gotta man up...the billions Vader killed after that, including Leia's entire planet, is kind of indirectly on him.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:14 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
So really, when you look at this, literally all of the suffering and death caused by Darth Vader is linked to Obi Wan Kenobi failing to finish the job not once, but now twice?
Other than knowing that you're now a murdering half man/half machine who is hunting down all Jedi and rebels and trying to take over the galaxy, I had no idea that you would go on to murder so many people!
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:47 PM 06-22-2022
Yup, this series pretty much painted Obi-Wan as the dumbest motherfucker in the galaxy.

And if "My friend Anakin is dead"....well, isn't that even more incentive to just off Vader then and there?

If nothing of Anakin remains then just finish off that Dark Side husk that remains. There's no longer attachment, so WTF is the problem.

...sigh...

Forget it. I'm getting caught into that trap of putting way too much thought into a Star Wars property.
[Reply]
Fish 05:51 PM 06-22-2022
Well, that was fun. The Vader/Obi-Wan fight was even better than expected. Ignoring the Dragonball Z style power up at least.

But, man.... that writing was pretty damn awful. The more I think about it, the dumber it gets. I'm just going to try and avoid the brain dead details and maybe watch the fight scene again.

Great to see Liam. Wasn't expecting that.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 05:56 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:

The more I think about it, the dumber it gets.
It's best just to not think about it.

Light saber fights, pew pew. That's the good stuff. We'll remember Obi-Wan for that. Not that other stuff....
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:05 PM 06-22-2022
While there were some obvious plot holes, inconsistency with established canon and just head scratching “what were they thinking” moments, this episode was at the same time bad ass. Watching Obi-Wan and Vader going at it, and Obi-Wan abandoning his typical defensive form III light saber style for a much more aggressive style, I was wondering if maybe he wasn’t tapping into a bit of the dark side as he was showing power we haven’t witnessed from him before.

Whatever, I’ll take good with the bad and enjoy the entertainment. I do plan on binge watching it here in the next few days to see if I get any different kind of take/feelings about it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:06 PM 06-22-2022
What the fuck do you do with Reva, though? They've painted themselves into a corner where she pretty much has to have her plotline of now knowing who at least Luke and probably Leia closed somehow.

I think she's actually more hated than Rose was from TLJ, and that's a pretty spectacular feat. You'd almost have to fundamentally change the character for people to accept it. The bullshit Disney pulled before the series coupled with the lackluster writing and performance has probably fucked the character regardless.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:09 PM 06-22-2022
Really easy fix is to have Obi Wan sense Luke is in danger while he's fighting Vader. Gives him a valid reason to get the fuck out posthaste instead of meandering away like he did leaving Vader to terrorize the galaxy. Have all the post fight exposition during it instead so Obi Wan has even more of a reason to go ultra aggressive during the latter stages of the fight.

This shit really isn't that hard to do and it's baffling Disney keeps fumbling the writing like this.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:18 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What the fuck do you do with Reva, though? They've painted themselves into a corner where she pretty much has to have her plotline of now knowing who at least Luke and probably Leia closed somehow.

I think she's actually more hated than Rose was from TLJ, and that's a pretty spectacular feat. You'd almost have to fundamentally change the character for people to accept it. The bullshit Disney pulled before the series coupled with the lackluster writing and performance has probably fucked the character regardless.
She’ll get her own series to tie it all up in a nice disorderly package for us, wait and see.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:23 PM 06-22-2022
Fuck these opinions, I LOVED it! I thought the last episode was INCREDIBLE! You already knew Vader was going to live and you already knew Obi-Wan was going to go into isolation. What is not to like here? Forget the woulda, coulda, shoulda here - this is a bridge in the timeline - nothing more. :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 06:24 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I JUST WANT MY CHILDHOOD FEELS BACK!! AGAIN!!

3 movies worth watching, and they're all in the original trilogy.
After that, why bother? The franchise is dead. Disney's just making a few bucks on the corpse while the fanboys slowly wake up to how shitty it's been since then.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:56 PM 06-22-2022
Outside of the Vader vs Obi Wan fight scene in the last episode, the entire season just sucked. As others have pointed out it just has little to no continuity with the original movies. Mehhh... **** Disney and **** Kathleen Kennedy. On a side note... the new Star Trek is kicking ass in my opinion. Loving it.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 07:21 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Stryker:
**** these opinions, I LOVED it! I thought the last episode was INCREDIBLE! You already knew Vader was going to live and you already knew Obi-Wan was going to go into isolation. What is not to like here? Forget the woulda, coulda, shoulda here - this is a bridge in the timeline - nothing more. :-)
You miss the whole bit where Obi Wan has now had the chance to destroy Darth Vader TWICE now, due to this shitshow?

It makes Obi Wan the direct cause of Vader being allowed to kill everyone after that point, AFTER Obi Wan watched him rampage through a settlement murdering innocent bystanders.

"I will do what I must" actually means, "Ill kick your ass and walk away leaving you free to kill more people." LMMFGDAO.

I don't put Alderaan on Vader though, it was Grand Moff Tarkin that ordered Alderaan to be destroyed during his interrogation of Leia about the location of the Rebel base.

He stated that Dantooine was too remote of a planet to make a proper example, so he targeted Alderaan.

But yeah, Obi Wan comes off as a Batman esque dumbass here. His refusal to destroy Vader just keeps allowing him to do horrible shit when he could have ended it entirely.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:25 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Finale was the best episode of the series. Not much of it made logical sense, but whatever, it's Star Wars.

I'm debating on if i wanna join in on the criticisms or not. Again, it's Star Wars....
Yeah, this is where I'm at. I mean, there's only so much tension you can create when we know that all the major characters in the final episode are going to survive and they obviously have to tapdance around it.

Not sure if I liked the way they shoehorned Kenobi calling him "Darth" or not, as a lame continuity band-aid going back to the '77 original. But at least they tried.

At the end of the day, I enjoyed it, despite the warts. I guess that's all that matters.
[Reply]
Fish 07:26 PM 06-22-2022
"Goodbye Darth" was cringey as hell....
[Reply]
Page 42 of 54
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up