Page 42 of 104
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:02 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They have a built-in excuse now. They might as well not even show up, and if they do, they know they've already lost prior to kickoff. :-)
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:06 PM 01-18-2022
I might have to tease this all the way to 7 points.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:06 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure - it's that way at every position though.

Maybe DL is an exception where a truly dynamic player is worth more than 2 solid ones, but w/ LBs and DBs, it's absolutely more critical to have a roster of quality football players than it is to have any genuine standouts. And even at DL, there are limits. You can have 1 great one, 2 solid ones and a 'meh' but you can't carry more than one guy on that DL even if you have a great player on it with him.

Which is why I don't have much interest in bringing Mathieu back (and that's presuming he's legitimately a 'standout' at this point in his career - I don't think he is).

Offense is about playmakers, IMO. Defense is about depth and being matchup proof. The way you do that is to ensure that you don't have Daniel Sorensen out there for extended periods of time. Because if you do, OCs are GOING to find a way to match Diggs up on him 1v1 at some point in the game where it absolutely cannot happen.
If defence is about depth then presumably that means the matchup proof part of it is partly about scheme and DC approach? If depth means you don't have a Ramsey type CB1, I mean. That's the question with Spags - if we have a collection of CB2s up against a Chase type player he's going to have to be willing to bracket him. I don't have as much knowledge of his approach as others so I'd like to know what people expect on that if/when we see him again.

I know a lot of people are keen on a DE in the draft and it does feel pretty essential for the approach of this deep collection of good not great CBs. I like Fenton and Ward, Hughes has been absolutely worth a 7rd pick and Sneed could be great. Have to say as much as I love Sneed againt the run and wiping people out in the flats I'm amazed no-one's mentioned his coverage this year has been...OK.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:12 PM 01-18-2022
Condolences to Titans/Bengals fans…

Officiating assignments for the Divisional Playoffs have been announced: https://t.co/iPjJeT8jql pic.twitter.com/dxL20j7I6k

— NFL Officiating (@NFLOfficiating) January 17, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:13 PM 01-18-2022
They're gonna be so fucking mad when we get away with riding their receivers butt cheeks all game. :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:21 PM 01-18-2022

"If both those teams play their best game I think Buffalo beats the Chiefs" ~@danorlovsky7#PatMcAfeeShowLIVE pic.twitter.com/KbhRzSjz1P

— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) January 18, 2022

LOL I'll take our chances in this scenario anywhere, but especially at Arrowhead. Come on man.
[Reply]
Renegade 03:22 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They're gonna be so ****ing mad when we get away with riding their receivers butt cheeks all game. :-)
As long as we don't say anything when they ride Kelce bareback, it is all even, is that what you are saying?
[Reply]
staylor26 03:23 PM 01-18-2022
Dan Orlovsky is a fucking moron.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:27 PM 01-18-2022
Orlovsky said the Colts were the Chiefs biggest competition.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 03:27 PM 01-18-2022

[Reply]
R Clark 03:31 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure - it's that way at every position though.

Maybe DL is an exception where a truly dynamic player is worth more than 2 solid ones, but w/ LBs and DBs, it's absolutely more critical to have a roster of quality football players than it is to have any genuine standouts. And even at DL, there are limits. You can have 1 great one, 2 solid ones and a 'meh' but you can't carry more than one guy on that DL even if you have a great player on it with him.

Which is why I don't have much interest in bringing Mathieu back (and that's presuming he's legitimately a 'standout' at this point in his career - I don't think he is).

Offense is about playmakers, IMO. Defense is about depth and being matchup proof. The way you do that is to ensure that you don't have Daniel Sorensen out there for extended periods of time. Because if you do, OCs are GOING to find a way to match Diggs up on him 1v1 at some point in the game where it absolutely cannot happen.
Another good post
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:33 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Renegade:
As long as we don't say anything when they ride Kelce bareback, it is all even, is that what you are saying?
Chiefs have beaten that strategy 100 times now. It went out with Belichick.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:35 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Green Bay lost to the Saints 38-3… crazy shit happens sometimes in the regular season.

Remember when Tennessee beat the Chiefs in the regular season two years ago and you were similarly here running your mouth before the AFC Championship Game re-match?

How did that work out?

"Slings it way down the field to Watkins... SAAAAAMMYY WATKIIIIIIINS FOR THE TOUCHDOWN!"

Ugh. Such a simple call but truly one of my favorites.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:43 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
If defence is about depth then presumably that means the matchup proof part of it is partly about scheme and DC approach? If depth means you don't have a Ramsey type CB1, I mean. That's the question with Spags - if we have a collection of CB2s up against a Chase type player he's going to have to be willing to bracket him. I don't have as much knowledge of his approach as others so I'd like to know what people expect on that if/when we see him again.

I know a lot of people are keen on a DE in the draft and it does feel pretty essential for the approach of this deep collection of good not great CBs. I like Fenton and Ward, Hughes has been absolutely worth a 7rd pick and Sneed could be great. Have to say as much as I love Sneed againt the run and wiping people out in the flats I'm amazed no-one's mentioned his coverage this year has been...OK.
Without question.

They have a guy under center and 5 blockers. And most teams don't have Travis Kelce out there forcing matchup problems either.

With 5 OL, a QB and a relatively ordinary TE, that leaves you 4 more guys on the field that you can find space with. Meanwhile if we send 4 or 5, we have 6 or 7 guys to throw at those 4 you have.

Even if they have a solid pass-catching TE, you start every play in the defensive backfield with a 2-man advantage. So yeah, you can leverage that to address particularly bad matchups.

But here's the thing - sometimes they're just gonna have a superior player. And when it's someone like Chase or Diggs or the truly elite WRs, they are going to have both a traits AND rules advantage. Not to mention they know where they're running and your DBs don't. It's heavily tilted in favor of the WRs if they're truly elite guys.

And ultimately if you lose a rep because of those trait advantages, so be it - those still require high levels of execution and even Chase won't have another game like he had against us (when they needed every single one of those yards AND some help). What you can't have happening out there is a situation where the OC and QB can just smile and dial pre-snap. They can survey the landscape and know they're going to have an easy pitch/catch to make.

The other guys get paid as well so there's no shame in them winning reps. It's their job. But you can't make it easy for them and that's what I mean when I say 'matchup proof' - you have a defense that makes them work for their yards and doesn't just allow them to scheme their way to 24 gimme points. Force teams to execute and more often than not they just don't. We've seen it firsthand.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 03:48 PM 01-18-2022
Predictably, I'm hearing a lot of "Ooooh boy, KC might not have enough to beat THESE Bills!"

It's insane how much they're overreacting to one game.

Since the game in KC, they just weren't that impressive. They went 1-1 vs NE, got destroyed at home by the Colts, somehow only scored 6 points and lost to Jacksonville, lost to Tampa and Tennessee, and beat a bunch of garbage teams (Jets 2x, Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans, Miami). A dominant team would have lost two in that stretch at the absolute most.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 104
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Up