ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 80
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2020 Missouri Tigers Football Thread *****
KChiefs1 10:06 AM 09-19-2020

ONE. WEEK. ‼️#MIZ x #NewZou ���� pic.twitter.com/lVw1iNzQKL

— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 19, 2020

The 2020 Mizzou Football schedule is out, and woo-boy we get Bama and LSU in week 1 and 3 https://t.co/TD1UgG3JMp

— ROCK Mask NATION (@RockMNation) August 18, 2020

[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:34 PM 09-04-2021
Ah the good ol kentucky mu smack talk
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:36 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Ah the good ol kentucky mu smack talk
WANDALE
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:49 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Offensively-sure. But the fact of the matter is Kentucky has not, even vs bad teams, demonstrated the passing game that they did today under Stoops in his 9 seasons there.

The last time they had 2 WRs with 100+ yards in a half was in 2011.

They hadn't had a QB pass for 300+ yards since 2016(!).

Wandale Robinson is a legitimate playmaker at WR and probably better than any WR Stoops has had (I liked Bowden, but Wandale has better hands and can actually be used out of HB more so than Bowden could).

The Defense held a team to under 100 yards for the first time in 25 years.

If the offense has ANY presence of a passing game to supplement what's been solid defensive play and ground game for the past 4 seasons, Kentucky will be very, very, very hard to beat.

They are also starting 10 seniors on Defense as well.

But again, I do not understand why Kentucky is looked down on. They have been the better program since 2015 consistently. Stoops has recruited at a high level the past few seasons as well. Moving forward, I expect the series to be closer as Drink gets his players in, but top to bottom, Kentucky should win given the losses personnel Mizzou had from last season.
It was ULM :-)

I think MU is going to lose next week but settle it down.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:54 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
It was ULM :-)

I think MU is going to lose next week but settle it down.
Under the previous OC, they were completely run based and had very few vertical pass attempts. They didn't trust their backup and third string QBs in 2019 to the point that they freaking played a WR at QB, won 6 games with said WR at QB(including beating Mizzou by 20+).

Sorry if I'm optimistic.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:58 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Offensively-sure. But the fact of the matter is Kentucky has not, even vs bad teams, demonstrated the passing game that they did today under Stoops in his 9 seasons there.

The last time they had 2 WRs with 100+ yards in a half was in 2011.

They hadn't had a QB pass for 300+ yards since 2016(!).

Wandale Robinson is a legitimate playmaker at WR and probably better than any WR Stoops has had (I liked Bowden, but Wandale has better hands and can actually be used out of HB more so than Bowden could).

The Defense held a team to under 100 yards for the first time in 25 years.

If the offense has ANY presence of a passing game to supplement what's been solid defensive play and ground game for the past 4 seasons, Kentucky will be very, very, very hard to beat.

They are also starting 10 seniors on Defense as well.

But again, I do not understand why Kentucky is looked down on. They have been the better program since 2015 consistently. Stoops has recruited at a high level the past few seasons as well. Moving forward, I expect the series to be closer as Drink gets his players in, but top to bottom, Kentucky should win given the losses personnel Mizzou had from last season.
It's a Mizzou thread, you dildo. It's not like we're invading your kentucky football thread demanding respect.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:10 PM 09-04-2021
https://www.columbiamissourian.com/s...f92ed0d71.html

Missouri entered its first game of the season with one lingering, gaping unknown.

Over the offseason, Steve Wilks came in with a new defensive scheme in mind. It was designed to get more of the players with their eyes on the quarterback, with the primary intention of grabbing more picks, and scoring more points against the direction of play.

The mantra — “Score on D” — was repeated time after time. Excitement, understandably, grew at the prospect of a high-octane defense, but the coaches kept coy. How was it going in camp? Nobody would know until a ball was snapped for real, they all said.

In Central Michigan’s first drive of the season, it took the Chippewas five plays to match the Tigers’ early touchdown. Central Michigan averaged 15 yards a carry as it chucked and rushed, whatever worked, 75 yards up the field and home in 1 minute, 57 seconds.

“Sometimes things happen, and you miss tackles, or you get blocked,” linebacker Blaze Alldredge said. “Obviously, you don’t want them to, but it’s the nature of the game.”

The first snaps came and went, and the answer was clear. The new scheme had started at worst dismally, at best a work in progress. And though the second half brought plenty of reasons for coaches and fans to be optimistic, the next 27 minutes didn’t get much better.

It took a driven run from defensive lineman Trajan Jeffcoat to force the first CMU fourth down. He pressured Central Michigan quarterback Jacob Sirmon into a fumble, which he managed to recover, but it took the Chippewas out of field-goal range. It brought CMU up to punt — a first that took 16 plays to accomplish.

By the end of the first half, Central Michigan was 5 of 9 on third-down conversions as the Tigers struggled to contain their varied offense. The Chippewas had 292 yards total on offense in 42 plays. Seven different CMU players had a gain of more than 14 yards in the first 30 minutes.

While their eyes may have been on Sirmon, they were caught on their heels.

Central Michigan consistently found gaps, holes, space: Enough space to give head coach Eliah Drinkwitz and Wilks recurring nightmares ahead of Missouri’s Game 2 matchup against Kentucky.

But as the game wore on, the new scheme offered flashes of excitement, where anxiety had preceded it.

Missouri fans were given glimpses of a future in which they can unclench their jaws, relax their shoulders and perhaps even get up from behind the couch while watching the defense.

“It’s Week 1, it’s the first time we played this new defense live,” defensive back Martez Manuel said. “You saw that all over the country today and last week. Everyone. First game, we’re gonna get in the film room and get it cleaned up.”

Alldredge was colossal in the Game 1 clean up, notching 3.5 sacks and eight solo tackles, four of which were for loss.

“I settled down at halftime,” Alldredge said. “I had a good talk with the coaches, talking about what they were doing, what we were gonna do to adjust. I think that we came out in the second half and did some really great things as a defense as a whole.”

Missouri defense notched 9 sacks, a 15-year program best. Sixteen different players recorded unassisted tackles by the time the game clock hit triple zeros.

What hadn’t worked early, worked near flawlessly in the second half.

“When we’re clicking on all cylinders and playing how I know we can play, I know it’s going to be even better,” Manuel said.

New Tulsa transfers Allie Green IV and Akayleb Evans were the first players to make it click, and let Wilks breathe a sigh of relief. The duo played big roles in ending two straight CMU possessions. First, Evans hauled in his first pick as a Tiger to end Central Michigan’s first quarter. Then, in the Chippewas first action of the second quarter, Green made a vital run-stopping tackle up the middle, and Evans followed two snaps later with a pass breakup, preventing the opposition from mounting another threatening run beyond the halfway line.

Free safety Jaylon Carlies introduction at the beginning of the second half marked another pivotal moment. He served a half-game suspension in the first half, and how the Tigers missed him.

He notched a pick within five minutes of stepping onto the field. He flattened Sirmon in the red zone early in the fourth quarter during a threatening play, doing all he could in a drive that ended up pulling the Chippewas within one score again. He notched six unassisted tackles, which was second only to Alldredge.

The second half came, the holes tightened, the gaps closed and the space, by and large, disappeared.

Where Central Michigan mustered six straight drives with double-digit-yard gains to open the game, it only had two in its next six. The other four ended in negative total gains.

What Wilks has had in the works took some time, but it came together.

“I think the biggest thing about college football is that you just need to realize that you just gotta do your job and make the plays that come to you,” Alldredge said. … “Really the most important thing, I would say, is to not try to do anything extra to try and make up for it. Just keep doing your job and keep playing hard, and then the game will reward you for doing that.”
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:24 PM 09-04-2021
Kentucky is always a tough game.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:25 PM 09-06-2021
Stole a fatty from corn.

COMMITTED M-I-Z-Z-O-U🐅@mjohnson7672 @CoachErikLink @CoachDrinkwitz #SEC #NewZOU @recruitgfx pic.twitter.com/Btpc0jGJfw

— Valen Erickson (@ValenErickson) September 6, 2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:25 PM 09-07-2021
SEC Game of the Week.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:41 PM 09-07-2021
Mizzou better dial up some defense. They looked pretty rough on run support last week.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:46 PM 09-11-2021
Defense fucking sucks.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:51 PM 09-11-2021
Right back to the "excellent" play calling as well.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:51 PM 09-11-2021
I really wish Stoops would get hired by someone else.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:52 PM 09-11-2021
Not convinced that Bazelak is the guy.

Drink may look good on the recruiting trail so far but I’ve yet to see it on the field.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:04 PM 09-11-2021
Holy fucking shit this defense is a dumpster fire.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 80
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up