ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 185
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 11:28 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
We really needed another piece on this DL from this draft, IMO. We've constructed the line in a way that will make it less than the sum of its parts.
I believe what Veach said when he told everyone that they liked the secondary class a lot more than the edge class. He could have easily leaped up to take Drake Jackson or just taken Sam Williams over Skyy Moore but he didn’t.

I think that’s Spags philosophy. He’s gonna blitz and use a competent secondary full of versatile athletes to mix and match different coverages to confuse QB’s. Stop the run to make teams one dimensional and get them in 3rd and long to set up your blitzes.

I also think they know Ingram is coming back and they know he’s our best edge rusher. However I wouldn’t be surprised if they traded for a developmental player. They tried getting Omenihu and thought about Key but they think Karlaftis can fit that role, which he should.

Every year it seems like Veach tears down a part of the team to rebuild it. Last year was the OL and this year it was the secondary. That’s not at all surprising considering Matheiu and Sorenson both lost a step and struggled badly, Thornhill was getting lost on deep coverage making mistakes and Hughes just sucked.

With our division loading up I think they want to play the coverage game. Kinda crazy they brought in 3 veteran DB’s and drafted another 5.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:36 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Which averages to 1.98 a game for his pro career
:-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:48 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
:-)
89.5 sacks in 177 games
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:52 AM 05-05-2022
89.5 sacks in 177 games
And how many sacks per game is that?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:57 AM 05-05-2022
89.5 sacks in 177 games
You are horrible at math.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:59 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You are horrible at math.
That I do agree
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:10 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Spags and Chiefs have high expectations of him so I'm going have high expectations for him. The kid looks like he is going be fun watching him get around or bull LT he is going disrupt the backfield and terrorize quarterbacks. Spags said he was the guy he wanted most out of everyone. If he doesn't turn out then that really sucks for us and bad look on Beck Vern. I don't see any reason not to have high expectations we are the Kansas City Chiefs in an era of domination of the league. So our defense is going start dominate to go along with our bombardment offense with a tenacious offensive line. Karlaftis is tenacious. We drafted tenacity and it's going to show. Our DBs will be heat seekers not afraid to hit we got guys that love to hit on defense now.

I'm ****ing stoked and ready to put on pads myself and get out there.

Leo Chenal is going bring tenacity Bryan Cook is going bring tenacity. Baow V3man is drafting guys with tenacity in their blood. My expectations are through the roof. We have a Tenacious D.
All of this. The Chiefs were THRILLED that Karlaftis fell to their pick. This is the guy they targeted and wanted on the DL. Could they all end up being wrong? Sure. But, it's not like they had to settle for anything. Bronty Veers probably sprinted that card up the moment they were on the clock.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:18 PM 05-05-2022
89.5 sacks in 177 games
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

DUDE.

Do you even math?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:20 PM 05-05-2022
That I do agree
89.5 would be less than 177, correct?

Like about half as many, correct?

So how do you get 1.98?

The real answer is about half. About half a sack per game, not almost two sacks per game.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:22 PM 05-05-2022
89.5 would be less than 177, correct?

Like about half as many, correct?

So how do you get 1.98?

The real answer is about half. About half a sack per game, not almost two sacks per game.

Divided 177/89.5 LOL
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:25 PM 05-05-2022
Divided 177/89.5 LOL
yeah, it's 1.98 games per sack. Not sacks per game.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:31 PM 05-05-2022
Divided 177/89.5 LOL

[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:36 PM 05-05-2022
Anyway,

I think there's a whole lot of armchair GM's that had a guy they wanted, and when Veach took a different guy, they have to express their displeasure by tearing the pick down.

This, and really all of the picks with the possible exception of Cook were good value picks at positions of need. All are described as hard working, intelligent football players; and all had high RAS (relative athletic scores). So...I really don't see what there is to complain about YET.

Now, if the season starts and they suck balls, let it fly!

But at the moment, each of these are logical bets to be good football players.

I think we might get as many as 6 solid contributors out of this draft, and that's fucking excellent by any standard.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:43 PM 05-05-2022
Anyway,

I think there's a whole lot of armchair GM's that had a guy they wanted, and when Veach took a different guy, they have to express their displeasure by tearing the pick down.

This, and really all of the picks with the possible exception of Cook were good value picks at positions of need. All are described as hard working, intelligent football players; and all had high RAS (relative athletic scores). So...I really don't see what there is to complain about YET.

Now, if the season starts and they suck balls, let it fly!

But at the moment, each of these are logical bets to be good football players.

I think we might get as many as 6 solid contributors out of this draft, and that's ****ing excellent by any standard.
Cook is a really interesting pick. It was clear that Barn Vobersnatch and other brass really wanted this guy. How much of that is attitude and how much of that is ability will be interesting to see. He clearly replaces Dan and should be an improvement there.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:48 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Cook is a really interesting pick. It was clear that Barn Vobersnatch and other brass really wanted this guy. How much of that is attitude and how much of that is ability will be interesting to see. He clearly replaces Dan and should be an improvement there.
I think it's very difficult to overstate just how shitty Sorensen was and had been for a long time.

For a 'saavy veteran' that guy missed more tackles, blew more coverages, and just flat looked clueless 90% of the time.

But then every once in awhile would make a big play and the casual fans just loved him.

I fucking hated him.

I cannot fathom just how bad Armani Watts must be.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 185
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up