ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 48
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Media Center>Time again for a new phone
Dartgod 08:28 PM 07-14-2013
So I'm eligible to upgrade my cell phone again August 1st. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S2 through Sprint and was ready to get the S4. Now I see that LG is set to release their Optimus G2 sometime in August.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/07/09/lg-optimus-g2-leak/

I've never considered LG, but I'm intrigued by what I've read.

Has anyone else looked at this and is it worth waiting another month or so for the LG?

Also, does anyone in the KC area have any experience with Sprint's LTE 4G? Is coverage still spotty?
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:25 PM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Return it for the Note 3. The Note 4 doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.
The Note 4 is a lot better than the 3, Idk where you heard that. Besides, my daughter has the 3 and we've had to send it back three times for various malfunctions.

EDIT: After reading this hours later it came off way bitchier than I intended. My bad.
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You can hide those home keys when you use certain apps. Mine are hidden when I use Chrome, I was annoyed by it as well.

I don't care about it being there the rest of the time though.
Yeah but only certain apps. Cant hide it with the original text app, and Im not using that Message + crap.
[Reply]
blake5676 07:22 PM 11-14-2014
I want my Lollipop yesterday. This was supposed to be one of the upsides to having a Nexus. Give it to me NOW goolge!
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 08:18 PM 11-14-2014
So, word is that the Edge is only getting around 10,000 units per carrier in the US, and it's not likely at this point to get a 2nd run of production for more available units.

A couple have already sold 2nd hand for $1250 online.

Now the question is whether to keep it or see if the price keeps rising- which I think it will at least a bit more.

It would essentially cover a new flagship phone at no out of pocket if I did put it up on like ebay...

Decisions decisions decisions...

[Reply]
MTG#10 11:28 PM 11-14-2014
That's a badass phone, I'd keep it.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:35 AM 11-15-2014
Ok, certain aspects of this G3 are starting to grow on me, but I can't stand the Chrome browser and it appears that it's the only browser on the phone. Can anyone recommend a good alternative?
[Reply]
penguinz 11:23 AM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Ok, certain aspects of this G3 are starting to grow on me, but I can't stand the Chrome browser and it appears that it's the only browser on the phone. Can anyone recommend a good alternative?
Chrome browser rocks. But if you don't like grab Firefox or dolphin.
[Reply]
MTG#10 12:32 PM 11-15-2014
Ive never liked Chrome on my PC either. Guess Im just stuck in my ways. Firefox on my PC and the regular internet browser on my Note 2 was perfect.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:41 PM 11-15-2014
The Note 4 is a lot better than the 3, Idk where you heard that. Besides, my daughter has the 3 and we've had to send it back three times for various malfunctions.

EDIT: After reading this hours later it came off way bitchier than I intended. My bad.
I didn't take it as bitchy. For the difference in price, I didn't think it was worth it.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:43 PM 11-15-2014
No issues with Chrome.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 02:45 PM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Why do you think this? Only thing that is the same as the 3 is the amount of RAM.

Faster processor. Better screen. Better build quality. Better camera. Pen has been improved.
Couldn't justify paying an extra $200 over the Note 3.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 AM 11-17-2014
Originally Posted by BigMeatballDave:
Couldn't justify paying an extra $200 over the Note 3.
Picked up the Note 4 yesterday and took back the Note 3. There are some noticeable upgrades but if you don't want to spend the extra $200.....it's not going to be a huge deal for you.

I just wanted something that's going to last me for the next 2 years and I think the 4 has a better chance of doing that over the 3.
[Reply]
MTG#10 03:27 PM 11-17-2014
G3 users: Using the stock messaging app (not the Message+ app) if I am on my text screen and shut the screen off without closing the app, my incoming texts will not sound a notification. I only get text notifications if I remember to close the messaging app down every time. Anyone else have this problem? This is really irritating.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:39 PM 11-17-2014
G3 users: Using the stock messaging app (not the Message+ app) if I am on my text screen and shut the screen off without closing the app, my incoming texts will not sound a notification. I only get text notifications if I remember to close the messaging app down every time. Anyone else have this problem? This is really irritating.
I didn't use the stock messaging app for very long, maybe a day. Can't say I noticed what you're talking about, but I know I didn't like it and wanted what I had on my previous phone. I switched to Swiftkey; and I'm satisfied with it.
[Reply]
MTG#10 04:22 PM 11-17-2014
Originally Posted by Pablo:
I didn't use the stock messaging app for very long, maybe a day. Can't say I noticed what you're talking about, but I know I didn't like it and wanted what I had on my previous phone. I switched to Swiftkey; and I'm satisfied with it.
I use swiftkey too...its a keyboard app though, Im talking about the messaging (texting) app.
[Reply]
kcxiv 04:40 PM 11-17-2014
only thing i can think of it just turn your phone off completely and on! Sometimes could have possibly got screwed up and maybe you need a full reset. I know when all else fails for me i just reinstall from scratch.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 48
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Up