ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4155 of 4917
« First < 3155365540554105414541514152415341544155 41564157415841594165420542554655 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:59 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Is it essentially just based on the market? It seems like the likelihood of winning a SB in the near future would raise the value, but apparently not.
Pretty much. The Rams value doubled from 1.4 to 2.9 billion after moving to LA
[Reply]
jjchieffan 09:41 PM 04-13-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Is it essentially just based on the market? It seems like the likelihood of winning a SB in the near future would raise the value, but apparently not.
I think that the stadium has a lot to do with it. The luxury suites, seat prices, etc. Since Arrowhead is one of the oldest stadiums in the league, that hurts their value. Whereas, the Faiders have sucked for 2 solid decades, but they have a shiny new stadium, so they have the highest value. The Chargers benefit from the LA market, but aren't worth much more than the Chiefs because they rent from the Rams.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:10 PM 04-14-2023
Hey Knowshit! Did you see the NFL.com rankings of the leagues GM's? I bet that you did and are trying to avoid the subject. But, in case you didn't, let me sum it up for you. Kansas City Chiefs GM, Brett Veach, who you hilariously try to attack with your lame and way off base monicker, Let's Reach is ranked at number 2. Only behind Roseman. So, by your proclamations, the great George, the general as you call him, Paton, must be sitting there at 3 right? Nope, I had to scroll all the way to the bottom to find Gomer Payaton at number 25. He would have been lower, but they took out the 7 GM's who had not completed 2 drafts yet. I'm just amazed and thrilled that the new Walmart great value ownership team decided to keep that loser. Looks like more Superbowls ahead for the Chiefs and more losing seasons for the Donks ahead. Isn't that great?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:34 PM 04-14-2023
shitters full
[Reply]
TEX 03:31 PM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Hey Knowshit! Did you see the NFL.com rankings of the leagues GM's? I bet that you did and are trying to avoid the subject. But, in case you didn't, let me sum it up for you. Kansas City Chiefs GM, Brett Veach, who you hilariously try to attack with your lame and way off base monicker, Let's Reach is ranked at number 2. Only behind Roseman. So, by your proclamations, the great George, the general as you call him, Paton, must be sitting there at 3 right? Nope, I had to scroll all the way to the bottom to find Gomer Payaton at number 25. He would have been lower, but they took out the 7 GM's who had not completed 2 drafts yet. I'm just amazed and thrilled that the new Walmart great value ownership team decided to keep that loser. Looks like more Superbowls ahead for the Chiefs and more losing seasons for the Donks ahead. Isn't that great?
25 seems too high. Seriously, dude BLOWS, and its awesome!
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:48 PM 04-14-2023
Knowshit??? :-)

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-gm-powe...s-makes-his-ma

2) Brett Veach, Kansas City Chiefs
Veach won a title while re-tooling. He made the correct call to replace a foundational player in Tyreek Hill last offseason with a raft of inexpensive draft picks to build the next five years of Chiefs squads. 2022 first-rounders Trent McDuffie and George Karlaftis impacted the team's Super Bowl-winning campaign, while running back Isiah Pacheco was a revelation as a seventh-rounder. The Chiefs also let corner Charvarius Ward walk last offseason, then got significant contributions from rookies Jaylen Watson and Joshua Williams. Extracting cost-effective, excellent production out of the secondary has been part of Veach's secret sauce.
This is all made possible by Patrick Mahomes, but Veach gets credit for drafting Mahomes in 2017 in the first place. Echoing how the Patriots built a dynasty around Tom Brady, Veach hasn't been afraid to say goodbye to big names like Orlando Brown Jr., Eric Fisher, Tyrann Mathieu and Frank Clark. Veach has filled in the gaps with creative solutions, like trading for receiver Kadarius Toney last season, and forward-thinking picks, like the selection of linebacker Nick Bolton in the second round two years ago. And while Brown, again, is gone, 2021's interior offensive line overhaul (featuring free agent Joe Thuney and drafted players Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith) has aged like fine beef.

Although I’d argue that Veach is actually number 1. Veachs squad just beat them. But also….

25) George Paton, Denver Broncos
A year ago at this time, I wrote: It's easy to imagine Paton debuting on the rankings portion of this piece fairly high up a year from now. Then we watched Russell Wilson play in Denver under Paton's handpicked coach, Nathaniel Hackett, and suddenly that draft haul the Broncos gave up for Wilson looks like a killer. Paton's second draft also got off to a slow start after a great 2021 haul, but this ranking is about the Wilson trade and Hackett hire. Sean Payton is essentially in charge now.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:09 PM 04-14-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Knowshit??? :-)

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-gm-powe...s-makes-his-ma

2) Brett Veach, Kansas City Chiefs
Veach won a title while re-tooling. He made the correct call to replace a foundational player in Tyreek Hill last offseason with a raft of inexpensive draft picks to build the next five years of Chiefs squads. 2022 first-rounders Trent McDuffie and George Karlaftis impacted the team's Super Bowl-winning campaign, while running back Isiah Pacheco was a revelation as a seventh-rounder. The Chiefs also let corner Charvarius Ward walk last offseason, then got significant contributions from rookies Jaylen Watson and Joshua Williams. Extracting cost-effective, excellent production out of the secondary has been part of Veach's secret sauce.
This is all made possible by Patrick Mahomes, but Veach gets credit for drafting Mahomes in 2017 in the first place. Echoing how the Patriots built a dynasty around Tom Brady, Veach hasn't been afraid to say goodbye to big names like Orlando Brown Jr., Eric Fisher, Tyrann Mathieu and Frank Clark. Veach has filled in the gaps with creative solutions, like trading for receiver Kadarius Toney last season, and forward-thinking picks, like the selection of linebacker Nick Bolton in the second round two years ago. And while Brown, again, is gone, 2021's interior offensive line overhaul (featuring free agent Joe Thuney and drafted players Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith) has aged like fine beef.

Although I’d argue that Veach is actually number 1. Veachs squad just beat them. But also….

25) George Paton, Denver Broncos
A year ago at this time, I wrote: It's easy to imagine Paton debuting on the rankings portion of this piece fairly high up a year from now. Then we watched Russell Wilson play in Denver under Paton's handpicked coach, Nathaniel Hackett, and suddenly that draft haul the Broncos gave up for Wilson looks like a killer. Paton's second draft also got off to a slow start after a great 2021 haul, but this ranking is about the Wilson trade and Hackett hire. Sean Payton is essentially in charge now.
Q Joe dunked on yet again! Hard to watch!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:30 AM 04-15-2023
List invalid...every one knows Paton is 32
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:53 AM 04-15-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
List invalid...every one knows Paton is 32
The writer of that piece judged 7 GMs as too new to rate because they haven’t completed at least two drafts with their current team.

So Generalissimo Paton finished dead freaking last. 25th out of 25. The single worst GM in the entire league. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
TEX 08:41 AM 04-15-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
The writer of that piece judged 7 GMs as too new to rate because they haven’t completed at least two drafts with their current team.

So Generalissimo Paton finished dead freaking last. 25th out of 25. The single worst GM in the entire league. :-)

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 08:50 AM 04-15-2023

[Reply]
staylor26 09:37 AM 04-15-2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 09:52 AM 04-15-2023

At least they have a rich owner and a new $400,000 field.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:59 AM 04-15-2023
Love how KnowMo just disappeared after the first few weeks of free agency, because the Broncos offseason is essentially over.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:00 AM 04-15-2023
Since we can't get a response from Knowshit, I thought that I would look at his profile to see if he was lurking. For some reason the last visit field for him read N/A, so I couldn't tell. But he last posted on April 3. That tells me that he knows that it's going to be another bad year. This is normally his busiest time. Bragging about all of the future hall of famers being added to the team. But, we only have crickets. Poor guy. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. He's a diehard Donks fan, so he deserves to suffer.
[Reply]
Page 4155 of 4917
« First < 3155365540554105414541514152415341544155 41564157415841594165420542554655 > Last »
Up