ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4121 of 4917
« First < 3121362140214071411141174118411941204121 41224123412441254131417142214621 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Chief3188 05:39 PM 03-16-2023
I think Denver will be competitive this next year or two. Payton did underachieve with a HOF QB having Brees as long as he did but to be fair, Brees did his own fair share of choking it up in the playoffs.
Denver has not had competent leadership for sometime now and Payton knows how to put a staff together and keep a team competitive like Reid did in Philly before coming here. He isn't going to win anything significant with Russ but I would expect them to play a lot smarter next season.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:48 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Chief3188:
I think Denver will be competitive this next year or two. Payton did underachieve with a HOF QB having Brees as long as he did but to be fair, Brees did his own fair share of choking it up in the playoffs.
Denver has not had competent leadership for sometime now and Payton knows how to put a staff together and keep a team competitive like Reid did in Philly before coming here. He isn't going to win anything significant with Russ but I would expect them to play a lot smarter next season.
They might win a game or two more, but they are still at best the third most talented team in the AFCW. Payton is overrated, but he’s still better than who they had, but even he can only do so much with so little.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:54 PM 03-16-2023
He does? He hired Vance fucking Joseph, and Joe Lombardi. 2 of the worst coordinators he could have hired. Doesn’t seem like a great staff to me.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:55 PM 03-16-2023
This Bronco roster is pure shit ....wow
[Reply]
Chief3188 05:58 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
He does? He hired Vance ****ing Joseph, and Joe Lombardi. 2 of the worst coordinators he could have hired. Doesn’t seem like a great staff to me.
Joe Lombardi is quite underwhelming but like Reid he will be handling the offense and Joseph is not a bad coordinator. Terrible HC for sure but a decent coordinator in the right situation. I am just saying I have seen him assemble and reassemble various staffs and usually do pretty well with them. I have lived outside of New Orleans for the last 20 years so I was here when they hired him and unfortunately had to be exposed to more Saints crap than I would have preferred (Worst sports reporters and homers I have ever seen).

Frankly I can't stand him as I think he is a piece of crap both in his profession and personal life.
[Reply]
Chief3188 06:00 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They might win a game or two more, but they are still at best the third most talented team in the AFCW. Payton is overrated, but he’s still better than who they had, but even he can only do so much with so little.
I would agree with that and even throw in that they have the worst QB in the division as well. The good news is that Payton will likely over time run them into the ground cap wise before he darts off again sometime in the next 5-7 years.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:11 PM 03-16-2023
Joe Lombardi is quite underwhelming but like Reid he will be handling the offense and Joseph is not a bad coordinator. Terrible HC for sure but a decent coordinator in the right situation. I am just saying I have seen him assemble and reassemble various staffs and usually do pretty well with them. I have lived outside of New Orleans for the last 20 years so I was here when they hired him and unfortunately had to be exposed to more Saints crap than I would have preferred (Worst sports reporters and homers I have ever seen).

Frankly I can't stand him as I think he is a piece of crap both in his profession and personal life.
How many years in NO did he have a quarterback as bad as Tater? Hell, even Brees last year he was better than the turd wearing #3 in Dungver. We’ll see how it goes, but their quarterback sucks, their OL sucks, and they’re in the same division as Mahomes and Herbert. NO won their division 6 times in 15 years that Payton was there. He’s not in the same league as Andy.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:49 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
This Bronco roster is pure shit ....wow
I'm kind of boggled that they let Dre'Mont Jones go. He was the best player on their front seven. Going into a rebuild doesn't mean that you have to release all of your talent.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:51 PM 03-16-2023
How many years in NO did he have a quarterback as bad as Tater? Hell, even Brees last year he was better than the turd wearing #3 in Dungver. We’ll see how it goes, but their quarterback sucks, their OL sucks, and they’re in the same division as Mahomes and Herbert. NO won their division 6 times in 15 years that Payton was there. He’s not in the same league as Andy.
Maybe.

Payton knows how to get the most out of a QB though. Maybe not at Andy's level, but not that far off either. hell, he made Jameis look like a credible starter again. Shit, he made Taysom Hill look like a serviceable QB, and that guy's a TE, for crying out loud.
[Reply]
Chief3188 06:54 PM 03-16-2023
No he is not for sure. Like I said I don't expect them to win anything significant but games against a good coach can turn into outings as tough as it is to play a bad coach with good players ala Staley.
[Reply]
MagicHef 08:24 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I'm kind of boggled that they let Dre'Mont Jones go. He was the best player on their front seven. Going into a rebuild doesn't mean that you have to release all of your talent.
IMO DJ Jones is actually the better player, he just isn’t a pass rusher.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:49 PM 03-16-2023

He's never been a head coach? :-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:57 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe.

Payton knows how to get the most out of a QB though. Maybe not at Andy's level, but not that far off either. hell, he made Jameis look like a credible starter again. Shit, he made Taysom Hill look like a serviceable QB, and that guy's a TE, for crying out loud.
He was also part of the brain trust that paid Hill like a QB.
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:15 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He was also part of the brain trust that paid Hill like a QB.
Yeah, he’s no GM. But as a OC or a QB whisperer he’s pretty good.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:18 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He's never been a head coach? :-)
Joseph?
[Reply]
Page 4121 of 4917
« First < 3121362140214071411141174118411941204121 41224123412441254131417142214621 > Last »
Up