ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4115 of 4909
« First < 3115361540154065410541114112411341144115 41164117411841194125416542154615 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:18 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Smart would be accepting that you've made a mistake with Russ, not doubling down to try to fix it. They're acting like they're in win now mode and they aren't winning shit. All they're doing is making it more difficult when they inevitably have to let Russ go and get a QB.
What Sean Payton is doing looks exactly like what Andy did when he got here with Alex. He’s building his offense to his terminology and is helping his QB so he can succeed. Andy helped Alex by using what worked for him in SF. I think you’re seeing Sean do that with Russ.

Payton loves the trenches. 4 of the 5 starting OL in New Orleans were drafted by Sean Payton with top 50 draft picks, so it’s no surprise he went after 2 OL early. You look at who he’s drafted at tackle, Ramczyk and Peat, both tall, long athletic tackles like what Andy likes. McGlinchey was the only one available like them after we got Taylor, so no surprise.

I think Sean is gonna draft a QB in a year or 2 while he has a vet QB (Russ) to make them a 9-10 win team in the short term.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:27 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
What Sean Payton is doing looks exactly like what Andy did when he got here with Alex. He’s building his offense to his terminology and is helping his QB so he can succeed. Andy helped Alex by using what worked for him in SF. I think you’re seeing Sean do that with Russ.

Payton loves the trenches. 4 of the 5 starting OL in New Orleans were drafted by Sean Payton with top 50 draft picks, so it’s no surprise he went after 2 OL early. You look at who he’s drafted at tackle, Ramczyk and Peat, both tall, long athletic tackles like what Andy likes. McGlinchey was the only one available like them after we got Taylor, so no surprise.

I think Sean is gonna draft a QB in a year or 2 while he has a vet QB (Russ) to make them a 9-10 win team in the short term.
This OL will be in need of a rebuild by the time they get a new QB. They're putting a band-aid on a shotgun wound. Stop trying to make this "smart". Maybe it's all they can do if they don't want to tank, but it's not smart. I'd rather tank and get some blue chip talent on a team that is going to desperately need it after a couple years with no picks.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:29 PM 03-14-2023

McGlinchey was signed before Taylor was.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:36 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
So Payton is going to implement the type of offense that Walrus doesn't want to play in which led to him being traded to Dungver?
Players play, coaches coach. I doubt he has much say in the matter
[Reply]
RunKC 01:39 PM 03-14-2023
This OL will be in need of a rebuild by the time they get a new QB. They're putting a band-aid on a shotgun wound. Stop trying to make this "smart". Maybe it's all they can do if they don't want to tank, but it's not smart. I'd rather tank and get some blue chip talent on a team that is going to desperately need it after a couple years with no picks.
The facts are that they are stuck with Russ for 2 more years before the dead cap isn’t catastrophic. They don’t have a pick until the 3rd rd. They’re stuck.

And come on man. This isn’t the NBA. They aren’t going to purposefully tank :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 01:44 PM 03-14-2023
The facts are that they are stuck with Russ for 2 more years before the dead cap isn’t catastrophic. They don’t have a pick until the 3rd rd. They’re stuck.

Obviously they aren't. I'm talking from a fans perspective when I use that term. Teams rarely do what's best long term. They are almost always trying to win now.

The truth is that this is a garbage free agency class though. Why spend a ton of money for short term mediocrity? Wouldn't it be better to play the long game?

It just feels like every other team last year doing everything they can to compete with the Chiefs, which we all know now was a terrible decision, but the Broncos are doing it with a team that's nowhere fucking close to dethroning the Chiefs or even the Chargers. If there's any team that should be playing the long game, it's the Broncos.

Trying to win now with Russ, his contract, and no picks is foolish. A waste of time. They know they needed to spend their money if they had any chance of competing this year, and they spent it desperately. Sometimes the best move is to do nothing and wait. It's not like Payton doesn't have job security.

From their perspective, I don't think it would be "tanking". It would be accepting reality.
[Reply]
MagicHef 03:26 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
:-)
Those are two separate statements messily combined into one sentence. I was able to digest the fact that this Zach Allen person plays on the DL.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:48 PM 03-14-2023

How could we tell if they did?
[Reply]
RunKC 03:53 PM 03-14-2023
Obviously they aren't. I'm talking from a fans perspective when I use that term. Teams rarely do what's best long term. They are almost always trying to win now.

The truth is that this is a garbage free agency class though. Why spend a ton of money for short term mediocrity? Wouldn't it be better to play the long game?

It just feels like every other team last year doing everything they can to compete with the Chiefs, which we all know now was a terrible decision, but the Broncos are doing it with a team that's nowhere ****ing close to dethroning the Chiefs or even the Chargers. If there's any team that should be playing the long game, it's the Broncos.

Trying to win now with Russ, his contract, and no picks is foolish. A waste of time. They know they needed to spend their money if they had any chance of competing this year, and they spent it desperately. Sometimes the best move is to do nothing and wait. It's not like Payton doesn't have job security.

From their perspective, I don't think it would be "tanking". It would be accepting reality.
I think the “win now” thing is 100% fan driven. Sean Payton knows who runs this division. Denver’s new owners found out last year. I think they want to be competitive and not a laughing stock. Being in the mix to make the playoffs or even making it as the 7th seed would be huge progress for them.

Sean Payton is sitting pretty tbh. They were desperate for him and he didn’t bring in Russ, so if things don’t work next year he could clearly say that he didn’t bring Russ in.

He’s pretty much God over there. Still doesn’t stand a chance against us though :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:55 PM 03-14-2023
I think the “win now” thing is 100% fan driven. Sean Payton knows who runs this division. Denver’s new owners found out last year. I think they want to be competitive and not a laughing stock. Being in the mix to make the playoffs or even making it as the 7th seed would be huge progress for them.

Sean Payton is sitting pretty tbh. They were desperate for him and he didn’t bring in Russ, so if things don’t work next year he could clearly say that he didn’t bring Russ in.

He’s pretty much God over there. Still doesn’t stand a chance against us though :-)
Lol wut?

They're out here spending a shit ton of money like they are trying to turn this thing around and compete for the divison and a title immediately. That's the definition of "win now".

Every now and then you do this weird contrarian thing. I don't get it.
[Reply]
O.city 03:57 PM 03-14-2023
They're basically the 2013 Chiefs with worse contracts at QB and a bit less defensive talent.

It's not ideal, but they should be able to win 8 or 9 games with Payton now at the helm and get back to building a winning culture.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:00 PM 03-14-2023
Russell Wilson is going to be the most expensive football porter in NFL history as he hands off to Williams and Perine 35+ times a game. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 04:06 PM 03-14-2023
Lol wut?

They're out here spending a shit ton of money like they are trying to turn this thing around and compete for the divison and a title immediately. That's the definition of "win now".

Every now and then you do this weird contrarian thing. I don't get it.
Bc they don’t have Jack shit on their roster.

Von Miller? Gone
Bradley Chubb? Gone
Noah Fant? Gone
Dre’Mont Jones? Gone

Who are the players they’ve drafted the last 4 years that are still there? Jerry Jeudy (they’re trying to trade him), Patrick Surtain, Javonte Williams (assuming his knee isn’t fucked)…and?

That roster is bad. Like really bad. And they won’t have a first rd pick in 2 years. Again they don’t even pick until rd 3.

Can you blame them for spending a ton of money to fill out the roster? It’s a literal dumpster fire.

Hell when Andy took over he got a ton of young and vet stars. This Bronco team has Patrick Surtain, Jerry Jeudy, a 30 year old star safety leaving his prime and…Russ.

How many rosters are in worse shape than them? Can’t count many
[Reply]
staylor26 04:09 PM 03-14-2023
Bc they don’t have Jack shit on their roster.

Von Miller? Gone
Bradley Chubb? Gone
Noah Fant? Gone
Dre’Mont Jones? Gone

Who are the players they’ve drafted the last 4 years that are still there? Jerry Jeudy (they’re trying to trade him), Patrick Surtain, Javonte Williams (assuming his knee isn’t fucked)…and?

That roster is bad. Like really bad. And they won’t have a first rd pick in 2 years. Again they don’t even pick until rd 3.

Can you blame them for spending a ton of money to fill out the roster? It’s a literal dumpster fire.

Hell when Andy took over he got a ton of young and vet stars. This Bronco team has Patrick Surtain, Jerry Jeudy, a 30 year old star safety leaving his prime and…Russ.

How many rosters are in worse shape than them? Can’t count many
And the solution to that is to go out and spend a shit ton of money on a shit FA pool so you can get to mediocre?

You've made my argument for me. They need blue chip talent. Deal with the lack of talent and the need for blue chippers by "tanking", or in other words dealing with the mess you've made as opposed to trying to fix it.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:13 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're basically the 2013 Chiefs with worse contracts at QB and a bit less defensive talent.

It's not ideal, but they should be able to win 8 or 9 games with Payton now at the helm and get back to building a winning culture.
So stuck in mediocrity and pray that you can somehow trade up for a Patrick Mahomes?

Bold strategy cotton.
[Reply]
Page 4115 of 4909
« First < 3115361540154065410541114112411341144115 41164117411841194125416542154615 > Last »
Up