ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4114 of 4913
« First < 3114361440144064410441104111411241134114 41154116411741184124416442144614 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:22 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'm just not sure how going balls deep in a bad FA year is suppose to make your team good...like no moves have really changed anything yet. Most of the teams are exactly where they were before.

I mean other than maybe the Eagles if you lose your entire starting defense that kinda hurts.

I think the Bears are probably better but what 6 wins?
They don’t have a draft pick until pick 67. They only had one in the top 60 last yet (Nik Bonitto). It’s very understandable that Payton wants his scheme run a certain way and is overpaying for average/decent players due to no significant draft capitol.

I think what he’s doing is smart. For as bad as their OL was, they got two serviceable OL and one of the better blocking TE’s in the league.

Sean Payton himself said they needed to “take Russell off the high dive”. Protecting him better than the garbage OL is common sense but they are going to run the ball more to help Russ.

It’s funny bc Russ wanted to “Let Russ Cook!” but that didn’t go well under Pete, it didn’t go well under Hackett and now Sean Payton is putting a stop to it.

The Broncos remind me of the Russell Wilson Seahawks in his last 2 years there, although I do think Sean Payton is a better offensive coach than Pete and his staff.

Those Russell Wilsom Seahawks teams of late won around 9-10 wins and were a WC. With our division I think that’s about what to expect as the ceiling.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:24 PM 03-14-2023
I would hardly call what they're doing "smart" lol
[Reply]
Mecca 12:25 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They don’t have a draft pick until pick 67. They only had one in the top 60 last yet (Nik Bonitto). It’s very understandable that Payton wants his scheme run a certain way and is overpaying for average/decent players due to no significant draft capitol.

I think what he’s doing is smart. For as bad as their OL was, they got two serviceable OL and one of the better blocking TE’s in the league.

Sean Payton himself said they needed to “take Russell off the high dive”. Protecting him better than the garbage OL is common sense but they are going to run the ball more to help Russ.

It’s funny bc Russ wanted to “Let Russ Cook!” but that didn’t go well under Pete, it didn’t go well under Hackett and now Sean Payton is putting a stop to it.

The Broncos remind me of the Russell Wilson Seahawks in his last 2 years there, although I do think Sean Payton is a better offensive coach than Pete and his staff.

Those Russell Wilsom Seahawks teams of late won around 9-10 wins and were a WC. With our division I think that’s about what to expect as the ceiling.
He's just going to put them into cap hell like he did the Saints, man never saw a cap he didn't wanna fuck up.
[Reply]
MagicHef 12:25 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Bengals sub Reddit even bagging on Dungver!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm glad Singleton is back, and I'm good with Stidham as the backup QB.

I think we overpayed for the OL, but OL was a huge weakness.

I've never heard of Zach Allen before, and I can't possibly be bothered to care about a blocking TE.

meh
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:34 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

I've never heard of Zach Allen before, and I can't possibly be bothered to care about a blocking TE.

meh
:-)
[Reply]
TEX 12:34 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. Reminds me of a hampster wheel.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:45 PM 03-14-2023
Getting the best OL you can to protect your QB isn’t smart? Their OL was one of the worst in football last year. They’ve had countless garbage at RT for years. McGlinchey isn’t an All-Pro but he is serviceable. That’s a huge upgrade over what they’ve had there.

Running the offense that helped Russ look good in Seattle is smart. Payton was right to take that pressure off him.

Not saying the contract was smart, but Sean didn’t give him that. I’m simply saying the solution is what a smart coach would do given what you have.

And yeah they overspent. That’s what happens when you don’t pick until the 3rd rd.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:48 PM 03-14-2023
Getting the best OL you can to protect your QB isn’t smart? Their OL was one of the worst in football last year. They’ve had countless garbage at RT for years. McGlinchey isn’t an All-Pro but he is serviceable. That’s a huge upgrade over what they’ve had there.

Running the offense that helped Russ look good in Seattle is smart. Payton was right to take that pressure off him.

Not saying the contract was smart, but Sean didn’t give him that. I’m simply saying the solution is what a smart coach would do given what you have.

And yeah they overspent. That’s what happens when you don’t pick until the 3rd rd.
I like to pay nearly 100 million dollars for serviceable.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:51 PM 03-14-2023

A Dungkeys apologist?? They overspent because they’ve been irrelevant for going on a decade. Nobody want to go there unless they’re being over paid!
[Reply]
penguinz 12:52 PM 03-14-2023

So Payton is going to implement the type of offense that Walrus doesn't want to play in which led to him being traded to Dungver?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:57 PM 03-14-2023

Smart would be accepting that you've made a mistake with Russ, not doubling down to try to fix it. They're acting like they're in win now mode and they aren't winning shit. All they're doing is making it more difficult when they inevitably have to let Russ go and get a QB.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:03 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's just going to put them into cap hell like he did the Saints, man never saw a cap he didn't wanna fuck up.
Good thing Penner has all that money……oh wait, that’s irrelevant in this scenario.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:03 PM 03-14-2023
Smart would be accepting that you've made a mistake with Russ, not doubling down to try to fix it. They're acting like they're in win now mode and they aren't winning shit. All they're doing is making it more difficult when they inevitably have to let Russ go and get a QB.
Of course they are in win now mode the coaching staff is 87 years old.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:04 PM 03-14-2023
Originally Posted by MagicHef:

meh
But he works hard though, Knowmo and the Twitter goons he constantly posts on here said so.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:10 PM 03-14-2023
:-) Do these bumpkins realize the same offensive system Payton is putting in place is what led to Russet running a years long whisper campaign against Pete Carroll? Dudes ego can't handle this.
[Reply]
Page 4114 of 4913
« First < 3114361440144064410441104111411241134114 41154116411741184124416442144614 > Last »
Up