ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 52
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown to the Chiefs
RunKC 08:36 PM 03-14-2024

A new weapon for Patrick Mahomes: Former Ravens and Cardinals WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to sign a one-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs, per sources.

During is final season in Baltimore in 2021, Brown had 91 catches for 1,008 yards and six touchdowns. During… pic.twitter.com/oGD82iazKb

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 15, 2024

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:58 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The giant Ladd McConkey...how could we forget about him.

Mitchell and BTJr. have a pretty good chance of being gone before our pick.

Legette is a 2nd rounder..

I'm starting to wonder how much of Worthy some of y'all actually watched lol...far from just a speed merchant and plays much bigger than his frame.

Give me the guy who can house the ball literally any time he touches it and who you can use in a multitude of ways and will scare the shit out of opposing defenses 10 times out of 10.
Outside of Ladd, all of those guys can take it to the house. The said WRs can serve different a purpose and have speed. Mcconkey is still substantially heavier than Worthy
[Reply]
Jerm 04:21 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Outside of Ladd, all of those guys can take it to the house. The said WRs can serve different a purpose and have speed. Mcconkey is still substantially heavier than Worthy
You won’t get too much pushback from me because I love Mitchell and Thomas Jr….I’ve said I’d move up for Thomas Jr. if he started to fall.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:55 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
LOL, 2 undersized guys on the roster with the same skillset where guys like Legette, Mitchell, Brian Thomas Jr. and Mcconkey will available who could fill other needed roles.

BTW, all those guys run sub 4.4
Worthy is 6-1". He's not Brown at 5-9". These guys aren't even remotely the same. The way they move, the way they play...different guys. Yes, they're both very fast and can track the ball well downfield. That's all they have in common.

I like Leggette a lot. He doesn't run routes like a Worthy does. He's way more raw of a prospect and might not even go until round 3.

I'm STILL waiting for someone to show me Mitchell's super power. He does nothing great.

Brian Thomas Jr. won't be on the board when the time comes.

And McConkey is shorter than worthy and what, 10lbs heavier?

Naaaah my guy, naaaah.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:13 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by ModSocks:
Worthy is 6-1". He's not Brown at 5-9". These guys aren't even remotely the same. The way they move, the way they play...different guys. Yes, they're both very fast and can track the ball well downfield. That's all they have in common.

I like Leggette a lot. He doesn't run routes like a Worthy does. He's way more raw of a prospect and might not even go until round 3.

I'm STILL waiting for someone to show me Mitchell's super power. He does nothing great.

Naaaah my guy, naaaah.

Mcconkey weighed 187.

Little Worthy weighed 165.

That’s 22 lbs more.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:15 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:

This is pretty funny considering Hollywood Brown's nickname is from Hollywood, Florida, where he's from.

Swamps, Gators, Humidity!

We have officially signed Hollywood Brown
[Reply]
Katipan 05:21 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
This is pretty funny considering Hollywood Brown's nickname is from Hollywood, Florida, where he's from.

How do you know that but don't know Hollywood, Fl was named after Hollywood, CA?
[Reply]
staylor26 05:24 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

"Lights, camera, action" is a reference to his text to Andy.
[Reply]
kccrow 05:34 PM 03-18-2024
So there's only room for 1 fast guy with good ball tracking on the roster or something? People keep saying shit like this and it makes no sense.
Exactly.

This board's collective obsession with big WRs who simply wouldn't get much consideration in an Andy Reid offense is mind-blowing. You'd think people would eventually get it that he just doesn't go for 6'4" 215 lb WRs that run well in a straight line but have little agility to make the sharp cuts he wants nor the stamina to continually move around formations and vary their routes. It's just not what the WCO focuses on.

He's not signing Mike Williams, Michael Thomas, trading for Tee Higgins, and so forth for a reason. He's also not going to focus his draft efforts on guys who follow the same profile. Leggett is big and fast in a straight line. So is Thomas Jr, Mitchell, and Coleman. While he might go for those guys, I'd say he's going to prefer the guys like Worthy, Franklin, McConkey, Corley, Wilson, Burton, Pearsall, Thrash, etc. Guys that are a bit more crisp in and out of route breaks and will be able to run all day.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:39 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Exactly.

This board's collective obsession with big WRs who simply wouldn't get much consideration in an Andy Reid offense is mind-blowing. You'd think people would eventually get it that he just doesn't go for 6'4" 215 lb WRs that run well in a straight line but have little agility to make the sharp cuts he wants nor the stamina to continually move around formations and vary their routes. It's just not what the WCO focuses on.

He's not signing Mike Williams, Michael Thomas, trading for Tee Higgins, and so forth for a reason. He's also not going to focus his draft efforts on guys who follow the same profile. Leggett is big and fast in a straight line. So is Thomas Jr, Mitchell, and Coleman. While he might go for those guys, I'd say he's going to prefer the guys like Worthy, Franklin, McConkey, Corley, Wilson, Burton, Pearsall, Thrash, etc. Guys that are a bit more crisp in and out of route breaks and will be able to run all day.
Mitchell runs better routes than Worthy and has better hands.

It’s also important to note that Worthy’s chance of direction is not special.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:53 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Exactly.

I mentioned Mcconkey, stay away from Roman Wilson that guy is a JAG he plays slower than his clocked time and isn't quick either. Franklin is MVS,got rattled by running slower than expected 40 which got into his head and bombed the catching gauntlet.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:54 PM 03-18-2024
Rice on IG:

[Reply]
Kiimo 06:04 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
"Lights, camera, action" is a reference to his text to Andy.
Yes I'm aware of that, it was funny when he texted it too

Originally Posted by Katipan:
How do you know that but don't know Hollywood, Fl was named after Hollywood, CA?

this is useless information
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:46 PM 03-18-2024

Naaaah my guy, naaaah.
Yea, I'm coming around on Worthy, similar size to Devonta Smith who's had a pretty good couple of years. If we are looking to replace Hollywood next year, that would be the pick. If not, I like McConkey as he is the most plug and play WR out there.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:48 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Rice on IG:

Those pants... :-)
[Reply]
Smed1065 06:56 PM 03-18-2024
Nice interview IMO. He can speak clearly and seems to want to win.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 52
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up