ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 163
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Chieftain 06:04 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're loser ****ing country threw out there best athletes and still couldn't beat our team full of guys that couldn't make it in an actual sport. If our best athletes from NFL, NBA, or MLB played, then we'd wax your bitch asses. Your 1st string athletes vs our 4th string athletes and all you could do is tie. Pathetic.
That's english football for you. Always in the tournament, only to get reamed up the ass by a superior opponent. English football is like english cuisine. In other words -> vomit inducing.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:06 PM 11-25-2022
Also, USA did play well. Fuck the corruption that led to this being played in Qatar. Players are fighting exhaustion. Of course that’s going to make every team less explosive.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:09 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The biggest obstacle for the usmnt is… you guessed it. $$$$$$$$$$$

They refuse to unlink usmnt with mls. While it has boosted our talent pipeline it has also held us back. We don’t need our best to play against minor league talent. We need more of them in Europe practicing and playing with the best. Instead we notoriously prioritize our mls talent. They’d rather have a growing MLs than the best possible national team.

The second is in the stupid pay to play model. You can’t tell me we don’t have outstanding talent all over the place. If Uruguay can do it with a few mill we sure as shit can do it. The most blatant example is Latino communities. You don’t think there’s elite talent there obsessed with football? But no, instead for a sport that just requires a ball and a field we prioritizes kids with money. You pay for the best coaching. You pay for the most competitive leagues. And worse, our recruiting favors those who pay to go through their pay channels.
That’s how we get the Zach Wilson’s in football.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:17 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Did I st-t-t-t-t-utter? :-)
I don't know where this fat thing came from. You definitely have not ever seen me in real life lmfao. Been trying to get fat for years
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:23 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
This is me:

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 06:27 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
:-)
No that's Billay if he was skinny
[Reply]
petegz28 06:29 PM 11-25-2022
Some of you don’t watch a lot of soccer, do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:33 PM 11-25-2022
The biggest obstacle for the usmnt is… you guessed it. $$$$$$$$$$$

They refuse to unlink usmnt with mls. While it has boosted our talent pipeline it has also held us back. We don’t need our best to play against minor league talent. We need more of them in Europe practicing and playing with the best. Instead we notoriously prioritize our mls talent. They’d rather have a growing MLs than the best possible national team.

The second is in the stupid pay to play model. You can’t tell me we don’t have outstanding talent all over the place. If Uruguay can do it with a few mill we sure as shit can do it. The most blatant example is Latino communities. You don’t think there’s elite talent there obsessed with football? But no, instead for a sport that just requires a ball and a field we prioritizes kids with money. You pay for the best coaching. You pay for the most competitive leagues. And worse, our recruiting favors those who pay to go through their pay channels.
You are absolutely correct on pay to play but honestly don’t understand the MLS bitching. Players get to play and do play wherever they want. Sometimes it’s in MLS sometimes it’s not. More and more it’s been less MLS players. It takes a lot of players from a lot of places to make up a national team.

MLS growth is good for US soccer but it’s a head scratcher to see all the teams around the world this current squad plays for and pretend MLS is standing in the way of literally anything.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:40 PM 11-25-2022
Well played overall. Tyler Adams was everywhere and we had a lot of guys creating danger even thought we fell short offensively in decisive moments.

We really need to have a clean game where we take care of business and see what the knock out stage has for us.

I have serious concerns that McKennie’s injuries are limiting him.

[Reply]
Eleazar 06:46 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by kstater:
This the the BigRedChief-iest of BigRedChief posts. It's impressive you've become a caricature of yourself.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
The best part was he followed that up with a post saying no one cares about bloodlines.
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:47 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Three hours of a scoreless game… a Thursday Night Football Game watching Denver’s shitfest offense is more exciting.
Not sure if you heard but soccer matches are 90 minutes.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:55 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
You are absolutely correct on pay to play but honestly don’t understand the MLS bitching. Players get to play and do play wherever they want. Sometimes it’s in MLS sometimes it’s not. More and more it’s been less MLS players. It takes a lot of players from a lot of places to make up a national team.

MLS growth is good for US soccer but it’s a head scratcher to see all the teams around the world this current squad plays for and pretend MLS is standing in the way of literally anything.
More and more they are getting better about it, but it’s hard to also look at the total lack of playing time for Aaronson and Reyna and not feel like they’re getting less playing time because they’re not MLS. The substitutions at the end of wales were just puzzling af. I get why we need a strong mls to a large extent but I also believe don garber is more interested in the usmnt being a vehicle for the mls than the other way around. People bitch about it because it costed us a World Cup berth and they relented with their back to the wall.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:59 PM 11-25-2022
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Some of you don’t watch a lot of soccer, do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you expect from good 'ole boys from the Midwest? Soccer wasn't part of their youth. It will be for future generations though.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:59 PM 11-25-2022
More and more they are getting better about it, but it’s hard to also look at the total lack of playing time for Aaronson and Reyna and not feel like they’re getting less playing time because they’re not MLS. The substitutions at the end of wales were just puzzling af. I get why we need a strong mls to a large extent but I also believe don garber is more interested in the usmnt being a vehicle for the mls than the other way around. People bitch about it because it costed us a World Cup berth and they relented with their back to the wall.
I literally don’t understand the idea that players who don’t play in MLS are somehow getting snubbed. Going through the list of players and their clubs it makes me think we are watching a totally different team and World Cup for you to come away with this conclusion.

Feels like you have opinions of MLS and are hammering them into a situation where it doesn’t fit
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:10 PM 11-25-2022
lol
[Reply]
Page 41 of 163
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Up