ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 88
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 12:36 PM 10-28-2022
Fpt
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:37 PM 10-28-2022

"I had a vision, like Viserys �� & his dream: Tom Brady gets to his 11th Super Bowl by beating Kirk Cousins, Jimmy G & Daniel Jones. ... It would be poetic if it's Chiefs-Bucs again, Patrick Mahomes wins & sends Brady into retirement." — @getnickwright pic.twitter.com/qx7mMQw2lx

— What’s Wright? with Nick Wright (@WhatsWrightShow) October 28, 2022

Ugh no thanks. Refs would never let it happen. They were determined to call every ticky-tack foul on our D in the SB - even when we were getting trounced.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:37 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
Seattle won the division with a 7-9 record and beat the Saints in a home wild card game about 15 or so years ago.
Which suggests that Tampa is far from out of it.
[Reply]
Spott 12:39 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Which suggests that Tampa is far from out of it.
No kidding. They could probably win that division with 6-7 wins this year and possibly get up to two home playoff games.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:39 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Did you see him try and escape the pocket last night?

Looked like a new born giraffe running on ice while getting tased.

He's reaching an age where he's not going to even have to get hit to injure himself.

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:41 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Ugh no thanks. Refs would never let it happen. They were determined to call every ticky-tack foul on our D in the SB - even when we were getting trounced.
no is getting past philly
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:44 PM 10-28-2022
No kidding. A couple of the other contenders will probably get their shit together by then as well, but Philly looks far and away the favorite for the NFC.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:45 PM 10-28-2022
I don't trust Jalen Hurts enough to make plays in big games to say it's Philly to the Bowl, at this point I'd lean Minnesota.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't trust Jalen Hurts enough to make plays in big games to say it's Philly to the Bowl, at this point I'd lean Minnesota.
Cousins is so underwhelming though, especially in big games.
[Reply]
tk13 12:57 PM 10-28-2022
I think the Eagles have all the talent it really is a question of how Hurts plays in the big moments. I'm not sure I really trust Kirk Cousins much more. He's better than people give him credit for, he can actually win games but he'll also have games where he just lays a giant egg and doesn't seem to play his best when all the lights are on him.

The sleeper team might honestly be the Cowboys. Their defense is legit which might be enough in a terrible conference. Offense isn't what it was but keep Dak healthy and make a few plays and they probably have as good a shot as anyone right now.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:09 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'd love to crush MN in another SB
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 01:11 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Is there a historical precedent for all 4 teams in a division to be at least 2 games under .500 at the halfway point of the season?

Because historical precedent says that a 3-5 team doesn't make the playoffs, sure. But in this case, that's good for 1st place in the division.
I don't know it happened once before right

I mean according to the video there's only been 5 teams as bad as the Bucs are right now at running and they won a combined 5 games in the last half the season. but yeah considering how god awful their division is I think there's an extremely good chance they win the division sub .500

shit it's brady the nfl loves him he'll probably still be in a SB despite the bucs and brady both being dogshit right now
[Reply]
Fishels 01:20 PM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Spott:
It could easily be 6 in a row if the refs didn’t give him two consecutive 3rd down bailout calls at the end of the game against Atlanta.
Facts
[Reply]
Chief3188 03:02 PM 10-28-2022
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...b3FUu-yMD2vAdA

Looks like we got another 2-3 years of him.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:08 PM 10-28-2022
I give him one year at SF and that's it. He won't play for a team that doesn't have the perfect situation and only they do and only they would want him.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 88
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up