Page 41 of 104
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:06 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Green Bay lost to the Saints 38-3… crazy shit happens sometimes in the regular season.

Remember when Tennessee beat the Chiefs in the regular season two years ago and you were similarly here running your mouth before the AFC Championship Game re-match?

How did that work out?
He probably did what trolls do and quickly changed gears to blaming the refs, being on the road, it's what the NFL wanted, etc.... and if the Titans lose this weekend or next, it'll be the refs, Henry coming off an injury, the NFL hates them,, etc.

And ya'll will continue to act like there's a situation where he's truly "wrong" and humbled by it, responding to every post.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:09 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I'm not even worried about that. Ward is usually always in good position. The Bengals just have a freak WR that would have done that to any CB. He was just playing out of his mind that day.
Unfortunately for Ward, all of our potential opponents from here on out have at least one "freak" at WR.
[Reply]
Curé 02:10 PM 01-18-2022
i'm sure the nfl does hate them. who doesn't hate the plodding, pedantic, pedestrian tits? they make the stoolers look dynamic.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 02:11 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This team has done reasonably well with young, cheap DB's and that actually includes Ward. With the way the NFL works now, I'm not sure it's not only unnecessary to have a CB1 that is head and shoulders better than the rest of the defensive backfield but an actual detriment. You need so many DB's now, it pays to have 6 good ones instead of 1 great one, 2 or 3 good ones, and 2 BAD ones.
This. If we can get Ward back at a reasonable price, I am all for it. If not, Veach has shown a great eye for good secondary players....draft the next Ward and move along.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01-18-2022, 02:13 PM
This message has been deleted by gblowfish. Reason: Better in poop thread!
Lzen 02:15 PM 01-18-2022
You don't know who Jeff Fisher is? I mean the mustache alone is legendary. :-)
Yes, I know who that mediocre coach is. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 02:18 PM 01-18-2022
Yeah, we lost in Nashville 2 years ago in the regular season. Then went on a run all the way to a SB victory. This season has played out similarly so far.

[Reply]
Lzen 02:20 PM 01-18-2022
Unfortunately for Ward, all of our potential opponents from here on out have at least one "freak" at WR.
Not like that guy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Not like that guy.
I'm not gonna crown Chase just yet. He's a rookie.

The other two teams potentially ahead of us have Stephon Diggs and AJ Brown, both of whom are as good as Chase right now.

And of course, if we see an NFC team in the SB, we might see Adams, who is better than Chase.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:24 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Slow your roll, dude.

It’s called ‘sample size’.

He’s only played in, what, 5 playoff games?

Just because he went ‘God-mode’ in one playoff game against an overmatched Patriots team with a rookie QB starting his first playoff game, doesn’t erase his performance from the previous playoff games.

Just out of curiosity, you wanna tell us what his career playoff passer rating was all time prior to the Pats game this weekend? No, of course you don’t. Because it doesn’t fit the narrative you’re trying to push here.

You act like we didn’t all get to witness firsthand last year what he looked like in Arrowhead in the AFC Title game? Or that we didn’t witness the prior playoff games (Ravens game) where the defense carried him to victory.

If you wanna believe Allen is an ‘all time great playoff QB’ based on one dominant game, by all means, go ahead.

You’re NOT going to convince anyone here, though. We’ve seen his other games for ourselves.

I just gave your post the golden cock ring of approval. congrats!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:27 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I REALLY like Ward. I think his game has really progressed, but I'm with you. I'm not sure we will be in a position to shell out the kind of money he'll want vs find more of a "value replacement".
He's doing a much MUCH better job of locating the football in the air. He's as good at it as anyone we've had in a long time.

He still has some deficiencies in raw athleticism that will surface if his technique fails him, but when he executes a rep, he's a really difficult guy to find space against these days.

I hate that some other team is likely to get 3-4 years of the best version of him after the Chiefs patience in developing him into a legit 'island' corner. He may not be a true lock-down #1 guy, but he's a guy you can put out there by himself and be confident he'll win far more reps than he loses.

He reminds me quite a bit of those good years we got from Sean Smith. Smith was an adequate CB1 but where he really shined was as the physical CB2 opposite Peters. Ward and Snead can be the same type of pairing.

But the money just may not work out. That said, he'd still be my priority after getting deals done for Brown and, if possible, Tyreek.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:29 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's doing a much MUCH better job of locating the football in the air. He's as good at it as anyone we've had in a long time.

He still has some deficiencies in raw athleticism that will surface if his technique fails him, but when he executes a rep, he's a really difficult guy to find space against these days.

I hate that some other team is likely to get 3-4 years of the best version of him after the Chiefs patience in developing him into a legit 'island' corner. He may not be a true lock-down #1 guy, but he's a guy you can put out there by himself and be confident he'll win far more reps than he loses.

He reminds me quite a bit of those good years we got from Sean Smith. Smith was an adequate CB1 but where he really shined was as the physical CB2 opposite Peters. Ward and Snead can be the same type of pairing.

But the money just may not work out. That said, he'd still be my priority after getting deals done for Brown and, if possible, Tyreek.
Another good post.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:30 PM 01-18-2022
This team has done reasonably well with young, cheap DB's and that actually includes Ward. With the way the NFL works now, I'm not sure it's not only unnecessary to have a CB1 that is head and shoulders better than the rest of the defensive backfield but an actual detriment. You need so many DB's now, it pays to have 6 good ones instead of 1 great one, 2 or 3 good ones, and 2 BAD ones.
Sure - it's that way at every position though.

Maybe DL is an exception where a truly dynamic player is worth more than 2 solid ones, but w/ LBs and DBs, it's absolutely more critical to have a roster of quality football players than it is to have any genuine standouts. And even at DL, there are limits. You can have 1 great one, 2 solid ones and a 'meh' but you can't carry more than one guy on that DL even if you have a great player on it with him.

Which is why I don't have much interest in bringing Mathieu back (and that's presuming he's legitimately a 'standout' at this point in his career - I don't think he is).

Offense is about playmakers, IMO. Defense is about depth and being matchup proof. The way you do that is to ensure that you don't have Daniel Sorensen out there for extended periods of time. Because if you do, OCs are GOING to find a way to match Diggs up on him 1v1 at some point in the game where it absolutely cannot happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:31 PM 01-18-2022
Sure - it's that way at every position though.

Maybe DL is an exception where a truly dynamic player is worth more than 2 solid ones, but w/ LBs and DBs, it's absolutely more critical to have a roster of quality football players than it is to have any genuine standouts. And even at DL, there are limits. You can have 1 great one, 2 solid ones and a 'meh' but you can't carry more than one guy on that DL even if you have a great player on it with him.

Which is why I don't have much interest in bringing Mathieu back (and that's presuming he's legitimately a 'standout' at this point in his career - I don't think he is).

Offense is about playmakers, IMO. Defense is about depth and being matchup proof. The way you do that is to ensure that you don't have Daniel Sorensen out there for extended periods of time. Because if you do, OCs are GOING to find a way to match Diggs up on him 1v1 at some point in the game where it absolutely cannot happen.
:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:37 PM 01-18-2022

The Chiefs pass rush still isn't quite there.

If we had a guy like Myles Garrett, Ward would be vulturing easy picks left and right.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:57 PM 01-18-2022

The Bills-Chiefs playoff games draws referee John Hussey & an “all-star”crew. Hussey’s crew finished 16th of the NFL’s 17 crews in penalties. The Chiefs are 5-2 all-time with Hussey, including a rate zero-penalty game in 2019. The Bills are 3-5 with Hussey.

— Rick Gosselin (@RickGosselin9) January 18, 2022

[Reply]
Page 41 of 104
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up