ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 54
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi
Hammock Parties 11:24 AM 02-10-2022
May 25. Let's goooo!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:53 AM 06-22-2022
Aftermath was nice. Qui Gon had more personality in his minute here than the entirety of the Phantom Menace.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:46 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Aftermath was nice. Qui Gon had more personality in his minute here than the entirety of the Phantom Menace.
Hoped he would say he wanted to do some improvisational comedy, . . . NOW. . .
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:51 AM 06-22-2022
What the hell was Reva even doing going after Luke? The one she's pissed at is Vader, so I guess it's because Luke is his son, but she should know Vader has absolutely no knowledge of him even existing so it would be meaningless.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:08 AM 06-22-2022
I understand that the limited amount of screen time Vader gets doing badass shit is a big reason why it's so awesome when we finally get it, but I really just want to see more of that.

Stopping the spaceship from taking off then toying with Reva was awesome.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:17 AM 06-22-2022
What the hell was Reva even doing going after Luke? The one she's pissed at is Vader, so I guess it's because Luke is his son, but she should know Vader has absolutely no knowledge of him even existing so it would be meaningless.
Didn't really make much sense (nor did they really add to her character much at all), so those scenes dragged down the episode for me.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:39 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
yeah that is complete nonsense...wallcrawler digging hard to justify his hatred

the dark side i sense in him
Don't have to dig too hard.

Dumbass writing? Check.

Shitty score? Check.

Film school quality production? Check.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out how much something like a soundtrack can impact a film. You have access to John Williams' work, and you go for the 4th grade band concert instead.

Your main character takes a backseat to much less interesting characters that nobody gives a shit about, all the while ruining one of the best moments of A New Hope in which Leia sends the message to Obi Wan, explaining who she is by saying " You served with my father in the Clone Wars", instead of saying "You rescued me from Flea and then rescued me again while I was held by K-Mart inquisitor dipshit at the Trans America Building.

It's just ****ing stupid.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:35 AM 06-22-2022
YES...came here to post that.
I was wondering if I had missed something because I couldn't figure out why she was so intent on killing him.
To get back at Vader by killing the son he didn't know he had...and he wouldn't have any knowledge he was dead? OK:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:41 AM 06-22-2022
Finale was the best episode of the series. Not much of it made logical sense, but whatever, it's Star Wars.

I'm debating on if i wanna join in on the criticisms or not. Again, it's Star Wars....
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:42 AM 06-22-2022
Darth Vader's helmet kind of sucks. That's like the 3rd or 4th time it's been cracked in the same manner. He should get that checked out later with Papa Palps.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:43 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Don't have to dig too hard.

Dumbass writing? Check.

Shitty score? Check.

Film school quality production? Check.

You don't have to be a genius to figure out how much something like a soundtrack can impact a film. You have access to John Williams' work, and you go for the 4th grade band concert instead.

Your main character takes a backseat to much less interesting characters that nobody gives a shit about, all the while ruining one of the best moments of A New Hope in which Leia sends the message to Obi Wan, explaining who she is by saying " You served with my father in the Clone Wars", instead of saying "You rescued me from Flea and then rescued me again while I was held by K-Mart inquisitor dipshit at the Trans America Building.

It's just ****ing stupid.
Note that the entire thing is aimed at children, and then note that the people most fascinated with the show and sunshine pumping for it are the most child like posters here.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:10 AM 06-22-2022
If you put a Hot Pocket in the microwave when Obi landed on Alderaan for the big reunion, you would only have a lukewarm pocket by the time he skeeted back off again.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:13 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
YES...came here to post that.
I was wondering if I had missed something because I couldn't figure out why she was so intent on killing him.
To get back at Vader by killing the son he didn't know he had...and he wouldn't have any knowledge he was dead? OK:-)
If anything, she should have wanted his children with incredible force potential to survive so that they could eventually kill him (thereby getting her own revenge on him).
[Reply]
Barret 12:47 PM 06-22-2022
Does Reva still have the saber hole in her gut? How do you even move after that let alone jump on a space ship (that she probably wouldn't have access to since she was left for dead) then go to Tattooine. From there meander around a dual sun planet that is hot as hell looking for 1 dude named "Owen" that is a farmer.

I think they were trying to do the "2 fights at the same time" thing they did in the movies. But they took away the most interesting Kenobi vs Vader and gave us gut wound Reva vs Owen and Baroo.

Why do I even care about the Reva vs Owen fight. I know that Owen and Baroo and Luke are alive and well in ANH. My interest was in what drove Kenobi and Vader in a show named Obi Wan Kenobi.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:03 PM 06-22-2022
Live action inquisitors were a massive waste of time in the end. Just a plot device for Reva, who is probably going to get the Rose treatment and die off screen to some horrible Star Wars version of crotch rot or something.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:56 PM 06-22-2022
So really, when you look at this, literally all of the suffering and death caused by Darth Vader is linked to Obi Wan Kenobi failing to finish the job not once, but now twice?

Like, the original fight with Anakin on Mustafar could be forgiven. He was literally burning alive when Obi Wan walked away. I mean he could have just force pushed his remains into the lava but whatever. You know. He was bummed he had to do it.

This is just egregious. "Goodbye Darth." Ill just walk away now. Feel free to torture and murder your way across the galaxy for another decade, until we should meet again, at which point I'll use the force to peace out.

This shouldn't exist. It's like Rocky V. We should just all agree it didn't happen and never speak of it again.

And that Reva shit, going after Luke when Vader isn't even aware he exists? Pointless.

As an aside, I always wondered why he wasn't going by Luke Lars, which goes back to the original trilogy. Youd think if you were trying to hide him, going by Skywalker wouldn't be a great idea. Leia went by Organa. Just seems weird that Luke would keep his real name.

Poor Owen, man. This dude endured a lot of bullshit and eventually got barbecued with his wife because he took in his psychotic stepbrother's kid. No good deed goes unpunished.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 54
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up