ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 405 of 469
« First < 305355395401402403404405 406407408409415455 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:36 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There's a part of me that wonders if he vetoed a bunch of things Picollo wanted to do and that factored in.
He dragged his feet on canning Terry Bradshaw, which was JJ's idea. Terry Bradshaw!

"Oh, man, Terry's such a good guy. We can't do that to his family, JJ."
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:36 AM 09-22-2022
What do we know about Picolo? He’s Dayton’s butt-buddy from their George Mason playing days. As is Lonnie Goldberg. Seems like nepotism hires so I’ll reserve any excitement for his supposed qualifications. Also wasn’t he responsible for drafting these pitching duds and not developing them? Did he snow-job Sherman by saying DM prevented him?

There was a large analysis on Royals Reciew or somewhere that lots of our great farm system were scouted by Deric Ladnier and he was canned for either Picolo or Goldberg. Which coincided with our run of busts from 2011-2017. I posted it here but can’t find it now
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:37 AM 09-22-2022
Glad it happened though, because that would imply Sherman would have given him the chance to hire the next batch as well instead of Piccolo
[Reply]
siberian khatru 11:38 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
What do we know about Picolo? He’s Dayton’s butt-buddy from their George Mason playing days. As is Lonnie Goldberg. Seems like nepotism hires so I’ll reserve any excitement for his supposed qualifications. Also wasn’t he responsible for drafting these pitching duds and not developing them? Did he snow-job Sherman by saying DM prevented him?

There was a large analysis on Royals Reciew or somewhere that lots of our great farm system were scouted by Deric Ladnier and he was canned for either Picolo or Goldberg. Which coincided with our run of busts from 2011-2017. I posted it here but can’t find it now
This?

https://www.royalsreview.com/2017/1/...-of-contention
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:41 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
This?

https://www.royalsreview.com/2017/1/...-of-contention
Yes! Thank you kind sir
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:49 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:

The biggest feather in Piccolo’s cap at the moment is the development of hitters and an improved hitting program that has shown tremendous results in the minors and majors levels.

He was out in charge of it and identified the guy to give the reins to… and then got out of the way.

Sherman is betting on Piccolo being able to continue some positive aspects of the previous regime while moving past some of the hang ups. We’ll see how he does.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:54 AM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The biggest feather in Piccolo’s cap at the moment is the development of hitters and an improved hitting program that has shown tremendous results in the minors and majors levels.

He was out in charge of it and identified the guy to give the reins to… and then got out of the way.

Sherman is betting on Piccolo being able to continue some positive aspects of the previous regime while moving past some of the hang ups. We’ll see how he does.
How long a leash does he get? I’d say 3 years because that’s precisely the time Sherman took to can Skunkhead
[Reply]
nychief 12:18 PM 09-22-2022
I'd like to see them hire someone like Matt Quatraro as manager.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:27 PM 09-22-2022
Moore's biggest make in this rebuild has been major league coaching staff. The player development end has been okay, the talent is there. They just have been very mismanaged. This is 2012/2013 Chiefs type deal. Get the Andy Reid in here and results will change.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:37 PM 09-22-2022
:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Moore's biggest make in this rebuild has been major league coaching staff. The player development end has been okay, the talent is there. They just have been very mismanaged. This is 2012/2013 Chiefs type deal. Get the Andy Reid in here and results will change.
They haven't developed pitching for shit...from the top down it's not there. From Lynch and Bubic being ass in the majors, Carlos Hernandez massive regression, Kower being a nobody to struggles of guys like Lacy in the minors, it's just not there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:21 PM 09-22-2022
I think Kowar is just a bust. That’s OK. Sometimes it happens.

The fact Lynch and Bubic can be sent down to Omaha and not just succeed but dominate tells me there’s more talent there than is being utilized. Better MLB coaching could still turn them around.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:24 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think Kowar is just a bust. That’s OK. Sometimes it happens.

The fact Lynch and Bubic can be sent down to Omaha and not just succeed but dominate tells me there’s more talent there than is being utilized. Better MLB coaching could still turn them around.
Junis and Lopez is enough proof on that.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 01:25 PM 09-22-2022
What’s crazy is Kowar dominated AAA and has sucked hard ever since then. We may have been the culprits not him
[Reply]
nychief 01:25 PM 09-22-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I just think it's so different in Football. I mean, sure, we can hire Joe Maddon... but we prolly nead the next Joe Maddon.

Can someone explain to me... did sherman appoint JJ Prez of Baseball ops - meaning he has to hire a GM and, seemingly, a Manager?

Or is JJ still GM?
[Reply]
Page 405 of 469
« First < 305355395401402403404405 406407408409415455 > Last »
Up