Page 40 of 63
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice under investigation for assault
Titty Meat 03:15 PM 05-07-2024
Yikes

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/ra...a-c96e8067163e
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:00 PM 05-09-2024
For the first time, doubt has started to creep into my mind that Rice is playing for this team next season.

Hope I'm wrong, but luring a photographer (if true) is extremely concerning. That's some Antonio Brown level crazy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:02 PM 05-09-2024
This might be the wildest trajectory I can remember for a 1st/2nd rd Chiefs draft pick. right after the SB, Rice was being hailed as the future of the Chiefs offense, the guy that was going to carry the team forward for the next ten years while amassing a HOF career. A few months later, he probably won't get extended.

just crazy.

Just out of curiosity, did we have any idea that Rice was this much of a problem child before drafting him? Were there actual signs while he was in college that he had these . . . tendencies? Or was this all just completely out of left field?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:05 PM 05-09-2024
RASHEE RICE DID NOTHING WRONG*!

*since his car crash
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 03:08 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
It's still just "likely" because he's been given no verdict, and we don't don't even know that he was in Texas the night of the photographer incident.

Hunt's dumbest move after the hotel incident was lying about it, because what he actually did was almost nothing.
Hunts dumbest move was being on the verge of indefinite suspension and going to a lake party spot and getting drunk with the same group of friends only to get into a fight.

Yes that's fair to wait to see his minimal involvement in this second incident. There's plenty we know from the original incident that at bare minimum he was a dipshit even if we don't know the final verdict
[Reply]
DaFace 03:16 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
This might be the wildest trajectory I can remember for a 1st/2nd rd Chiefs draft pick. right after the SB, Rice was being hailed as the future of the Chiefs offense, the guy that was going to carry the team forward for the next ten years while amassing a HOF career. A few months later, he probably won't get extended.

just crazy.

Just out of curiosity, did we have any idea that Rice was this much of a problem child before drafting him? Were there actual signs while he was in college that he had these . . . tendencies? Or was this all just completely out of left field?
I don't think fans got much wind of it, but a few different beat writers have said things like this, which implies that the concerns were definitely there if not particularly loud.

Looks like this is from Bob McGinn’s draft series. Sure this was decried as being wrong to report about a draft prospect at the time. It’s definitely a fine line to anonymously quote people making critical comments like this. But the objective is to inform, even if that means… https://t.co/rK8byzd7wj

— Dan Duggan (@DDuggan21) May 8, 2024

He goes on to say in the thread:

Originally Posted by :
I asked three NFL evaluators about Rice immediately after the '23 draft; all three mentioned concerns that traditionally have fallen under the 'character' umbrella. I didn't publish those comments because it gets complicated throwing out stuff like that in passing while analyzing a team's draft in a few paragraphs. But it's also true that teams aren't surprised by what is unfolding with Rice right now.

[Reply]
wazu 03:20 PM 05-09-2024
As far as drafting Rashee, if he never plays another down for the Chiefs it was a great pick. Can you imagine if we hadn't had him last year?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:21 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't think fans got much wind of it, but a few different beat writers have said things like this, which implies that the concerns were definitely there if not particularly loud.

Well hell. I thought Veach was doing a pretty good job of vetting prospect's characters; better than Dorsey anyway. I guess maybe not?
[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:21 PM 05-09-2024

Goddamn, any specifics at all would be nice. Not that Rice's naysayers are necessarily wrong, but teams don't remove players from their draft boards because of a hunch. There must be specific things he said or did to convince teams to disregard him...assuming the stories about his character concerns aren't fabricated.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:22 PM 05-09-2024
This just keeps spiraling, please make it stop
[Reply]
staylor26 03:23 PM 05-09-2024
Pretty amazing how character concerns come out about everybody else, even guys that don't really have any, yet there was this big secret with Rashee.

Has he been arrested? No document incidents to point to?

Then nobody can say they saw this coming.
[Reply]
GeorgeZimZam 03:24 PM 05-09-2024
Zay Jones and agent with the biggest shit eating grins of anybody right now.

“Before we consider that particular $ number, do you happen to know what Rashee is getting into later tonight?”
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:24 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
As far as drafting Rashee, if he never plays another down for the Chiefs it was a great pick. Can you imagine if we hadn't had him last year?
No ragrets and its possible being a SB champ might negatively impact someone with existing red flags in their first offseason
[Reply]
DaFace 03:24 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Well hell. I thought Veach was doing a pretty good job of vetting prospect's characters; better than Dorsey anyway. I guess maybe not?
Eh, maybe those issues are the reason we were able to get him at 55. Like wazu said, it's hard to imagine we could have won the SB without him last year, so it's still not a bust even if he never plays for us again (and to be clear, I hope this all amounts to nothing and he's here for years).
[Reply]
staylor26 03:26 PM 05-09-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Goddamn, any specifics at all would be nice. Not that Rice's naysayers are necessarily wrong, but teams don't remove players from their draft boards because of a hunch. There must be specific things he said or did to convince teams to disregard him...assuming the stories about his character concerns aren't fabricated.
It's because there's nothing. If there was even a single incident to point to, we would've heard about it.

I'm sure somebody probably peeped something like "he hangs with the wrong crowd". But how many guys like DeSean Jackson had similar things said about them yet they had a long career with little to no issues.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:27 PM 05-09-2024
Eh,maybe those issues are the reason we were able to get him at 55. Like wazu said, it's hard to imagine we could have won the SB without him last year, so it's still not a bust even if he never plays for us again (and to be clear, I hope this all amounts to nothing and he's here for years).
Yea, that's the narrative a lot of people are going with.

Doesn't add up either. Even those of us that loved Rice as a prospect didn't think he was some 1st round talent or anything crazy. He went exactly where he should've went based on the tape, testing, etc.

Which is just further proof that whatever character concerns there were, they were minor at the time.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 63
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up