ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 192
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
O.city 02:15 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Sure, if you trust their scouting at the position. History, Rice notwithstanding, shows that they are more likely to take the wrong guy if they end up waiting.

Hell, you said you wouldn’t be opposed to an interior OL in the 1st. A “complimentary” WR similar to Addison, D. Smith, Flowers, etc. is a hell of a lot more valuable than a guard.
Nah, a good player is valuable.

Position somewhat be damned.

If there's a really good safety there, take him. Let Reid go, use that money for a WR or whatever etc.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:58 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah, a good player is valuable.

Position somewhat be damned.

If there's a really good safety there, take him. Let Reid go, use that money for a WR or whatever etc.
Yes, a good player is valuable, even if that player is a “complimentary” WR. Not even speaking to the need of a WR in round 1, if the pick isn’t WR then so be it. But I strongly disagree with the idea that a Devonta Smith type in rd 1 isn’t an ideal selection. Adding someone even close to the caliber of Devonta Smith to this offense instantly takes the group back to a top 5 unit, even more so paired with a smart veteran addition.
[Reply]
O.city 03:05 PM 01-18-2024
That's a different argument though.

Once you've picked the player, yes, you want someone atleast of that caliber.

I'm discussing more so my preference of actual player. Plus, you still have 5 or 6 other draft picks to make. I'm no shoehorning myself into a position ever early in the draft.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:18 PM 01-18-2024
That's a different argument though.

Once you've picked the player, yes, you want someone atleast of that caliber.

I'm discussing more so my preference of actual player. Plus, you still have 5 or 6 other draft picks to make. I'm no shoehorning myself into a position ever early in the draft.
You don't have to shoehorn yourself into a single position, but I do not believe for a second that teams don't consider positional value and need when considering BPA.
[Reply]
iSavedLatin 04:24 PM 01-18-2024
I like Legette as much as the next guy, but the Chiefs simply don't draft guys his age. Jussayin'.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:43 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
But you do need complimentary types. Rice has all the look and feel of a traditional "X" receiver and go-to player but then we severely lack at the Z and Slot with good move types that can take it yard. One of the reasons I'm so incredibly high on Franklin is that he fits that speed Z role so well. I envision Rice and Franklin as our version of AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith, and that's just not a bad combination. I'm also high on Mooney and Hollywood because they can split time between Z and Slot roles and move around within the formations to create matchups, and Reid loves to do that. You improve the complimentary pieces around Rice and now you have a really potent passing attack. You don't need three of Rice.
Kelce (Goat / Middle Field) Brown (Deep Speed), Rice (Tough YAC), and Franklyn (Multi-lvl Route-Runner) could be a really dangerous combination.

That's a pretty convincing vision IMO: "How to fix the offense in just 2 moves."
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:28 PM 01-18-2024
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin:
I like Legette as much as the next guy, but the Chiefs simply don't draft guys his age. Jussayin'.
maybe not in the first, but they drafted BJ Thompson last year.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:49 PM 01-18-2024
At WR, size and physical attributes just matter. Look at Devonta Smith in Philly once AJ went MIA.

If they can add another good WR, great go for it, they should. But they can add a guy like that alot cheaper and more cost effective than using a first on it.
Just no man. Smith is good without AJ. You want proof, look at his 900-yard season as a rookie when Brown wasn't there.

It was better than both of Aiyuk's first two seasons.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:41 PM 01-18-2024
I mean, I just watched highlight videos posted in one of these threads, and Legette seems so much more ready than Franklin.

Franklin looked like another big body playing like a tiny dude - similar to how I felt about whatshisass last year. Legette tracks the ball well and aggressively attacks the ball at the high points and wins contested catches. While Franklin might have more top speed, his acceleration and lateral agility were visibly worse than Legette.
Bottom line: Legette would be higher on my board if I had to just go off those two videos.
[Reply]
O.city 07:54 AM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Just no man. Smith is good without AJ. You want proof, look at his 900-yard season as a rookie when Brown wasn't there.

It was better than both of Aiyuk's first two seasons.
And yet this year when AJ went MIA, Smith can't really be the centerpiece.

If Rice can be that, great. I just don't like looking for a guy in the first who I don't think can really be a tried and true alpha. It's probably not rational, but the Sky Moore thing and Hardman has burned me.

Aiyuk puts Smith to shame at this point. We should trade for Aiyuk and not worry about any of this!!
[Reply]
O.city 07:59 AM 01-19-2024
I'm coming at this too from the stance that once we get past.....Harrison JR, Nabers, Odunze....I don't think there's really much separation between the rest.

A couple of them will be good a couple will be decent and a couple will bust. We need to figure out which is which.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:12 AM 01-19-2024
Back around draft time there was some talk that the Chiefs did not want to part with their 2024 1st round pick because there is someone in this draft class that Veech is really high on. It didn't specify what position or player that it was. I am assuming it isn't Harrison Jr., because even back then common sense puts Harrison Jr out of out range for a move up, 2024 1st round pick in hand or not.

I wonder if this player is still a target of Veech after this past college season? And if so, will he be willing to go all in and move up to draft that player?
[Reply]
O.city 08:33 AM 01-19-2024
I just don't think they have the draft capital to really move up. They need all the picks this year.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:07 AM 01-19-2024
And yet this year when AJ went MIA, Smith can't really be the centerpiece.

If Rice can be that, great. I just don't like looking for a guy in the first who I don't think can really be a tried and true alpha. It's probably not rational, but the Sky Moore thing and Hardman has burned me.

Aiyuk puts Smith to shame at this point. We should trade for Aiyuk and not worry about any of this!!
I honestly don't even know wtf you're talking about with this whole "AJ Brown went MIA" thing. Brown played in every game this year. He only had two games with less than 4 receptions all year. I don't know when he went MIA. That entire team went "MIA" if you want to call it that for the entirety of the last half of the season.

DeVonta had at least 4 receptions in all but 3 games and two of those 3 were 3 catches. He had over 1k yards and 7 TDs again. I don't know who you're thinking of but DeVonta Smith never has been less than good. His career trajectory is considerably better than Aiyuk's.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:11 AM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I mean, I just watched highlight videos posted in one of these threads, and Legette seems so much more ready than Franklin.

Franklin looked like another big body playing like a tiny dude - similar to how I felt about whatshisass last year. Legette tracks the ball well and aggressively attacks the ball at the high points and wins contested catches. While Franklin might have more top speed, his acceleration and lateral agility were visibly worse than Legette.
Bottom line: Legette would be higher on my board if I had to just go off those two videos.
Uh.... Franklin weighs 180 pounds man. He certainly is unlikely to play like a big man.

Leggette is a one-year wonder. I mean, I'm happy he was still a lesser player in his 5th year, after taking roids, than Franklin was in his 3rd.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 192
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up