ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 56
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Jr signs with Bengals
ShowtimeSBMVP 08:19 PM 03-15-2023

Sources: Four-time Pro Bowl tackle and Super Bowl champ Orlando Brown Jr. is finalizing a four-year, $64.092 million front-loaded deal with the #Bengals that includes an over $31M signing bonus — largest ever for an o-lineman.

Brown’s agent, Michael Portner, confirmed the deal. pic.twitter.com/GFFZX0zLrs

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) March 16, 2023

[Reply]
rfaulk34 12:57 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Poor bastard in here defending skyline chili. You’re living inside of a butthole and the signature food is cinnamon chili with cheddar cheese on spaghetti. What a depressing place
Not as depressing a place as your mom's vagina.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:11 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
It's the most amazing dish that hits the taste buds like none other ever created.

And i only eat paint chips if there's skyline on it.
LOL

Skyline "chili" is the most disgusting regional food in the US, and that's saying something considering St. Louis-style pizza exists.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:18 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
LOL

Skyline "chili" is the most disgusting regional food in the US, and that's saying something considering St. Louis-style pizza exists.
Garbage plate. Rochester. I'd scarf down 100 Skyline Chili 4 ways before one of those abominations.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 02:02 PM 03-20-2023
LOL

I'm afraid to ask what that is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
I'm afraid to ask what that is.
You take a saltine cracker, put provel cheese on it and then microwave it.

I respect Duncan's opinion on this one but he's wrong - NOTHING is worse than St. Louis Style pizza.

Gotta love a pizza with cheese that has a consistency somewhere between re-heated mayonnaise and a semen sample that sat in the sun for awhile.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:25 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Garbage plate. Rochester. I'd scarf down 100 Skyline Chili 4 ways before one of those abominations.
No way. I went to college in Rochester and those were great.

It does help if you go hung over at 2 AM though..
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:26 PM 03-20-2023
i'd rather eat microwave pizza :-)

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:39 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
:-) He took a discount because he F-ed around and found out. Cincinnati was most likely his best offer. He wasn’t taking any discount if he didn’t have to.
Friend of mine asked me "Would you have signed OBJ at his price or Taylor at his if you knew the numbers beforehand..."

I mostly dodged the question (though I've answered it 'round here somewhere) and went with "it doesn't matter - the Chiefs DIDN'T know the numbers beforehand and that's exactly what OBJ and his 'agent' were counting on..."

They signed Taylor because they COULD. Because he fucking said yes. They've worked on a deal with Brown for 2 years now and all he ever did was play coy and operate in bad faith. That or just sit ass and procrastinate.

The only thing that could've really fucked this off-season up for KC was trying to wait on Brown and he knew it. Had the market dried up around him BEFORE the Chiefs got a deal done, he was going to absolutely hold us over a barrel.

Veach fired a pre-emptive strike because he had to. It was no different than Mathieu and his 'top 5 safety' crap. The Chiefs couldn't afford to wait on him to get reasonable so they paid Reid. Meanwhile had Mathieu been willing to sign the deal Reid got from the jump, he almost certainly comes back.

Had Brown and his people made that offer to Veach BEFORE they signed Taylor, I'm betting Brown comes back. But he didn't because he simply wasn't operating in good faith at any point throughout this process. He wanted to leverage the market against KC and Veach jumped the market to avoid it.

Did it require a bit of an overpay to Taylor? Yeah - probably. Was it still the right move? Absolutely, because Brown wasn't giving Veach a choice.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:44 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Friend of mine asked me "Would you have signed OBJ at his price or Taylor at his if you knew the numbers beforehand..."

I mostly dodged the question (though I've answered it 'round here somewhere) and went with "it doesn't matter - the Chiefs DIDN'T know the numbers beforehand and that's exactly what OBJ and his 'agent' were counting on..."

They signed Taylor because they COULD. Because he ****ing said yes. They've worked on a deal with Brown for 2 years now and all he ever did was play coy and operate in bad faith. That or just sit ass and procrastinate.

The only thing that could've really ****ed this off-season up for KC was trying to wait on Brown and he knew it. Had the market dried up around him BEFORE the Chiefs got a deal done, he was going to absolutely hold us over a barrel.

Veach fired a pre-emptive strike because he had to. It was no different than Mathieu and his 'top 5 safety' crap. The Chiefs couldn't afford to wait on him to get reasonable so they paid Reid. Meanwhile had Mathieu been willing to sign the deal Reid got from the jump, he almost certainly comes back.

Had Brown and his people made that offer to Veach BEFORE they signed Taylor, I'm betting Brown comes back. But he didn't because he simply wasn't operating in good faith at any point throughout this process. He wanted to leverage the market against KC and Veach jumped the market to avoid it.

Did it require a bit of an overpay to Taylor? Yeah - probably. Was it still the right move? Absolutely, because Brown wasn't giving Veach a choice.
Yes sir, spot on. :-)

Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:48 PM 03-20-2023
LOL

If you were standing next to me, i'd take my glove off and slap you in the face with it then challenge you to a 4-way eating contest.

:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:48 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

They signed Taylor because they COULD. Because he fucking said yes. They've worked on a deal with Brown for 2 years now and all he ever did was play coy and operate in bad faith. That or just sit ass and procrastinate.

The only thing that could've really fucked this off-season up for KC was trying to wait on Brown and he knew it. Had the market dried up around him BEFORE the Chiefs got a deal done, he was going to absolutely hold us over a barrel.

I really feel like Taylor is going to be better than OBJ.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:53 PM 03-20-2023
This wretched monstrosity is a garbage plate, BTW

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Yes sir, spot on. :-)

Fuck that guy.
I really hope Veach is establishing a 'fuck around and find out' reputation.

If you want to stay, don't anchor. I know that you can get away with that in most negotiating settings and by and large its considered standard operating procedure. Shoot high, we'll exchange numbers we don't really expect to get accepted and we'll settle in the middle...

Got it. Typical stuff.

Well Veach doesn't seem interested in that crap.

Brett: "We think you're worth X"

Slapdick: "I think I should re-set the market"

{click}

Brett: "Martha, Get plan B on the phone!"

"Hey slapdick, I think you're worth X"

Slapdick B: "I think I'm worth X.2"

Brett: "Done"

Just come correct to the table and he'll get something done. But if you want to play hardball, he's moving on. So...stop fucking playing hardball. Mahomes, Kelce and Jones are the only 3 guys that might be able to twist his arm. The rest of you fellas are support staff and WILL be replaced if you or your agent are gonna be dickheads about this process.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:54 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This wretched monstrosity is a garbage plate, BTW

Is there cinnamon in the chili? If not, I'd MUCH rather eat that than a plate of Skyline. I'm guessing you've never had the Cinci special?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:56 PM 03-20-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I really feel like Taylor is going to be better than OBJ.
I think he will be as well, but the projection involved and the respective resumes says that he really had no business beating OBJ in an open market.

But Veach was not going to allow himself to get dragged around by this guy and his fucking neophyte yes man of an agent again. So he paid probably 15% more than the market likely supported to get the deal closed quickly and move on.

And that's fine in this setting. You're not signing a WR2 like Watkins, a safety or a LBer. It's your LT - if you have to overpay by a little to not get butt-fucked, do it.

But Brown wasn't gonna accept 'overpay by a little' as an answer unless or until the market beat him over the head with it.

Good job, Market. You did the lord's work with that clown and his dipshit agent.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 56
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up