ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 56
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 05-21-2021
https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2021/...5gsE-j2lqNlXGk

Originally Posted by :
Plot and character details have still been kept tightly under wraps, until now. The Illuminerdi can exclusively reveal the roles of Mads Mikkelsen and Shaunette Renée Wilson. And on top of that, when the next installment of the Indiana Jones franchise will take place.

According to our sources, Mads Mikkelsen will be playing the villain in this new installment of Indiana Jones. His character is described to us as a Nazi scientist enlisted into NASA by the United States government to work on the space agency’s moon landing initiative.

Shaunette Renee Wilson will be playing Mads Mikkelsen’s villain’s CIA handler responsible for “babysitting” the Nazi scientist turned NASA recruit. There will also be a female villain, “an evil and brutal killer” who will work with Mads Mikkelsen’s character. According to our sources, Scarlett Johansson actually passed on this role previously.

Mads Mikkelsen’s character’s description not only reveals that he will be the villain of Indiana Jones 5, but when the franchise’s next installment will be taking place.

The next Indiana Jones adventure would logically be set during the 1960s space race. NASA’s Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, so it wouldn’t be a shock for the film to be set later in the 1960s, especially since the fourth Indiana Jones film was set in 1957. And in classic Indiana Jones fashion it looks like our hat wearing, whip wielding, archeologist will have another chance to punch some Nazis, with Mikkelsen’s villain being a former scientist for Hitler’s Reich.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:09 PM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If it's as good as The Last Jedi, I'll be absolutely thrilled.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:09 PM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Sounds like it suffers from all the same issues as all these Disney movies when it comes to undermining, emasculating, and pushing aside the main character in favor of an unlikable character. Major spoilers but not every last detail or anything.

https://youtu.be/pW6VCGf2iVA
Ah man - Kate Winslet would've been great.

I would've been a fan of Rachel Weisz but it would be hard to separate her from her The Mummy role. But we've seen her in this TYPE of role.

He makes a really good point, though - making him just a grumpy old man being boxed out by this person that's 40+ years younger than him is going to make it all the more grating.

Oh, and also correct - who the hell convinced anyone that Phoebe Waller-Bridge can carry a major tentpole? An action/adventure movie at that?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:13 PM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
what's the problem?

last jedi sitting at a comfortable 91% on RT

you should all be THRILLED with that movie
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:17 PM 06-26-2023
I think Last Jedi sucks personally, but a lot of that has to do with how JJ Abrams established Luke, Han, and Leia. I don't really know why you're so obsessed with RT scores, though. That metric has long since lost any sort of value, at least to me.

Oh yeah, the lightspeed battering ram sort of kind of breaks all continuity. Fantastic eye candy though, probably the coolest shot of the entire sequel trilogy.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:22 PM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I think Last Jedi sucks personally, but a lot of that has to do with how JJ Abrams established Luke, Han, and Leia. I don't really know why you're so obsessed with RT scores, though. That metric has long since lost any sort of value, at least to me.
this entire thread spent many pages obsessed with the RT score for indiana jones 5

now that the score is in it's favor, the narrative shifts! :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 04:29 PM 06-26-2023
Fuck TLJ.

You can disagree with that sentiment, but you'd be wrong.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:31 PM 06-26-2023
how dare you besmirch the conclusion of the legend of luke skywalker

you dishonor his great sacrifice
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:33 PM 06-26-2023
PFF rates Dial of Destiny higher than Rudy
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:47 PM 06-26-2023
what's the problem?

last jedi sitting at a comfortable 91% on RT

you should all be THRILLED with that movie

This the same Last Jedi movie that’s sitting at 42%?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:53 PM 06-26-2023
this entire thread spent many pages obsessed with the RT score for indiana jones 5

now that the score is in it's favor, the narrative shifts! :-)
I haven't mentioned RT a single time, outside of stating it's worthless. Take that point up with the folks talking about it, not me.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:54 PM 06-26-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
This the same Last Jedi movie that’s sitting at 42%?
91%

audience score was clearly incels
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:58 PM 06-26-2023
TOP CRITIC DAVID SIMS RAVES

Originally Posted by :
The closing act of Dial of Destiny is also in the grand tradition of Indiana Jones movies, throwing a mixture of history, pseudoscience, and supernatural elements into the plot and abandoning the relatively grounded material that preceded it. Still, I was happiest then, bouncing in my seat as Indiana and his pals were confronted with a head-scratching metaphysical quandary, which contained a lot more than the hoary wisecracking of the film’s first two-thirds. I thus left Dial of Destiny vaguely satisfied that this presumably final entry at least didn’t do anything to truly pervert the character’s legacy.
FOUR OUT OF FIVE STARS SAYS BRIAN LLOYD OF ENTERTAINMENT.IE

Originally Posted by :
As a final send-off, 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny' is as convincing and meaningful as you could hope for. Compared to where 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' left the obtainer of rare antiquities, 'Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny' allows him to walk off into the sunset with the hat held high.

[Reply]
KCUnited 05:02 PM 06-26-2023
Terri Shiavo winked as we pulled the plug
[Reply]
JohnnyV13 06:23 PM 06-26-2023
Hiring Phoebe Waller Bridge to continue your iconic IP is like deciding Adolph Hitler is the right guy to fix the problem in your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion department.
[Reply]
notorious 06:50 PM 06-26-2023
I hated Last Jedi, but honestly it's the one of the 3 that I remember and will most likely watch again.

The first one was MEH, the 3rd was not memorable at all.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 56
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up