ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 71
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson being accused of sexual assault?
staylor26 08:45 PM 03-16-2021
Easterby made the call?

[Reply]
Bob Dole 07:45 PM 03-23-2021
Unlike the Tyreek fiasco, I just don’t see him coming out of this unless it’s in the vein of Vick.
[Reply]
jettio 11:32 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Rusty Hardin is Watson's attorney. He is the absolute best money can buy. He specializes in defending high profile atheltes / figures. He's not brash. He just gets shit done. He's a guy who gets attention by how he handles his business. Toney Buzbee is the opposing council, he's a guy who craves attention by his antics. When Hardin starts to counter punch, I'm betting stuff is going to come out and change a lot of people's minds about what really happened.
That may all be true but Rusty Hardin is an unfortunate name for representing a dude that is accused of........
[Reply]
jettio 11:48 PM 03-23-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think avoiding police and buzbee piling on accusers (all Jane doe) makes it feel like the goal is to get massive settlement out of civil court and that criminal charges are unlikely. Watsons lawyer would be stupid not to have settled a long time ago if that were the case. And as more accusations pile on, it feels like the new accusations is more to embarrass or scare Watson into settling vs feeling like this new wave adds to Watsons culpability. I actually think good chance many of the early accusers are victims but these later accusations feel ripe for exploitation.
The women would be better off not using the same lawyer, especially the ones that have stronger claims. I doubt the police would refer any criminal charges to the DA.

This is going to be about money and having one lawyer representing all the women seems better for Watson than if that lawyer referred out the cases individually. My opinion is that Buzbee should refer the cases out with a referral contingency percentage.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:37 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
The women would be better off not using the same lawyer, especially the ones that have stronger claims. I doubt the police would refer any criminal charges to the DA.

This is going to be about money and having one lawyer representing all the women seems better for Watson than if that lawyer referred out the cases individually. My opinion is that Buzbee should refer the cases out with a referral contingency percentage.
Having it all under one lawyer at the same time is strange. As is the public spectacle of leaking the info to social media. Making public Jane doe accusations while giving Watson and his attorney zero chance to defend themselves because they don't even confidentially know who is accusing them. Maybe it's brilliantly unorthodox or maybe it's just strange.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:25 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
https://www.click2houston.com/sports...-his-accusers/

Whoever Watson has in his corner ****ing sucks at their job. Jesus Christ.
What I speculated -

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Exactly. My guess is the truth is somewhere in the middle. Many of these women knew what they signed up for and a few may have been put into situations they weren't comfortable with.

[Reply]
Marcellus 07:27 AM 03-24-2021
Having it all under one lawyer at the same time is strange. As is the public spectacle of leaking the info to social media. Making public Jane doe accusations while giving Watson and his attorney zero chance to defend themselves because they don't even confidentially know who is accusing them. Maybe it's brilliantly unorthodox or maybe it's just strange.
Its a civil case so it makes sense 1 guy would be handling it all. Really its 1 firm he isn't doing all the work himself.

1 suit and 1 big settlement. Its shady but its typical. This basically a cl-ASS action lawsuit. (stolen from another poster)
[Reply]
otherstar 07:55 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hardin is supposed to be one of the best lawyers in the country
He successfully defended the estate of J. Howard Marshall against Anna Nicole Smith, and has won a host of other high profile cases. He's no Dick DeGuerin, though.
[Reply]
GoForIt 08:09 AM 03-24-2021
I think Watson's career is in real jeopardy if a grand jury is granted.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:21 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
That may all be true but Rusty Hardin is an unfortunate name for representing a dude that is accused of........
Very underrated comment here
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:29 AM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Its a civil case so it makes sense 1 guy would be handling it all. Really its 1 firm he isn't doing all the work himself.

1 suit and 1 big settlement. Its shady but its typical. This basically a cl-ASS action lawsuit. (stolen from another poster)
Yeah, I get the civil lawsuit. But all the accusations originated same lawyer, same time, none ever reported to police, many stories looking pretty similar.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:54 AM 03-24-2021
Yeah, I get the civil lawsuit. But all the accusations originated same lawyer, same time, none ever reported to police, many stories looking pretty similar.
That's how it usually happens against famous people. One person comes forward and then a bunch more follow. The reason it's coming forward at the same time is because I'm sure the law firm had to do some investigating and get it's ducks in a row before bringing this out into the public.

Also am I the only one that doesn't have one problem with the way Buzbee is handling this if Watson is indeed guilty? If he did what he's accused of, then he doesn't deserve any type of respectful treatment. Id want him to be embarrassed and blindsided. I wouldn't give his lawyer anything but the bare minimum.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:22 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
That's how it usually happens against famous people. One person comes forward and then a bunch more follow. The reason it's coming forward at the same time is because I'm sure the law firm had to do some investigating and get it's ducks in a row before bringing this out into the public.

Also am I the only one that doesn't have one problem with the way Buzbee is handling this if Watson is indeed guilty? If he did what he's accused of, then he doesn't deserve any type of respectful treatment. Id want him to be embarrassed and blindsided. I wouldn't give his lawyer anything but the bare minimum.
I don't have an issue with it. It's just unorthodox and comes off as orchestrated. Some of us feel like there are legit claims but also potentially some exploiting for financial gain. Masseuses who were perfectly fine getting paid to do weird shit but saw a window to exploit. As this list grows larger it feels more like the latter. If the list truly is this big and they're all serious and credible then sure. But there are lots of aspects of buzbees approach that make it feel like this is more about creating a spectacle than to make whole those who actually need it. In which case you're minimizing the harm from the biggest victims.
[Reply]
TEX 12:24 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:

Buzbee has not even released the names of Watson's accusers to Hardin yet. Just wait until he is made to do so, so the other side can investigate things. Right now, all you have heard from is one side, and by reading your posts, it has clearly made an impression on you. (BTW, you're not alone, because that's what Buzbee's tactics are intended to do)
[Reply]
TEX 12:27 PM 03-24-2021
I don't have an issue with it. It's just unorthodox and comes off as orchestrated. Some of us feel like there are legit claims but also potentially some exploiting for financial gain. Masseuses who were perfectly fine getting paid to do weird shit but saw a window to exploit. As this list grows larger it feels more like the latter. If the list truly is this big and they're all serious and credible then sure. But there are lots of aspects of buzbees approach that make it feel like this is more about creating a spectacle than to make whole those who actually need it. In which case you're minimizing the harm from the biggest victims.
I'm in this camp... Unfortunately, because of where I live, get to hear the shit 24/7.
[Reply]
kevrunner 12:52 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Buzbee has not even released the names of Watson's accusers to Hardin yet. Just wait until he is made to do so, so the other side can investigate things. Right now, all you have heard from is one side, and by reading your posts, it has clearly made an impression on you. (BTW, you're not alone, because that's what Buzbee's tactics are intended to do)
I’m sure Hardin has gotten a list of names from Watson of the women he hired for his personal needs. From that list, Hardin can earn his $$$ and make contact with them, and probably will be able to figure out pretty easy who these woman are and hopefully a lot of these woman who Watson hired for his stress release will have something positive to say about their encounter(s) with him. Some of these woman have recently deleted all of their social media accounts, those woman can be easily added to the Jane Doe list and Hardin can go from there.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 71
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up