Page 40 of 112
« First < 303637383940 414243445090 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
jd1020 02:50 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
We could have won the Superbowl in 2019 without sacrificing the future.
We could win the SB any year, but we didn't. We won the SB in the year he revamped then entire defense so it wasnt dogshit. He can do that again in the offseason because Clark can be cut and HB is a FA.

If you feel good about the chances of winning a SB with one of the worst defenses in the game then you must feel pretty fucking good about the chances for this year, right?
[Reply]
RunKC 02:55 PM 10-24-2021
For a year. His job is both short term and long term. We could have won the Superbowl in 2019 without sacrificing the future. Its not like we were an old team with only 1 shot.
I would give Veach more time based on his most recent draft. Nick Bolton, Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith is an excellent draft.

Right now it looks like one of the best draft classes in that draft thus far
[Reply]
-King- 02:55 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
We could win the SB any year, but we didn't. We won the SB in the year he revamped then entire defense so it wasnt dogshit. He can do that again in the offseason because Clark can be cut and HB is a FA.

If you feel good about the chances of winning a SB with one of the worst defenses in the game then you must feel pretty fucking good about the chances for this year, right?
No.

So you think a cycle of shitty defenses and a couple good years, then historically shitty defenses is good? Why does he have to rebuild so often?
[Reply]
jd1020 02:56 PM 10-24-2021
No.

So you think a cycle of shitty defenses and a couple good years, then historically shitty defenses is good? Why does he have to rebuild so often?
If the cycle is a SB every 4 years sign me the fuck up.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 10-24-2021
He'll actually have to hit on some draft picks for that.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:57 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's already done that.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 03:00 PM 10-24-2021
It's unreal the lengths that some will go to defend that POS fraud Veach.
[Reply]
-King- 03:00 PM 10-24-2021
We're talking about the defense. Why does he have to rebuild the defense every few years if he "fixed" it? Why is the defense worse than it was before he "fixed" it?
[Reply]
Mecca 03:01 PM 10-24-2021
He's already done that.
Really?
[Reply]
jd1020 03:02 PM 10-24-2021
We're talking about the defense. Why does he have to rebuild the defense every few years if he "fixed" it? Why is the defense worse than it was before he "fixed" it?
Do you think there's a single team in the league that doesn't go through turnover? Dear god you are stupid.
[Reply]
jd1020 03:05 PM 10-24-2021
Really?
Ya. We have the best center in the game as a rookie. We have one of the best RG in the game as a rookie. There are also a handful of players drafted that while not being stars are solid contributors like Sneed, Bolton, Gay (when healthy), etc...
[Reply]
-King- 03:05 PM 10-24-2021
Do you think there's a single team in the league that doesn't go through turnover? Dear god you are stupid.
Every team has to rebuild a whole defense every few years? Every team has a historically bad defense every few years that they need to fix? News to me.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:05 PM 10-24-2021
Veach is definitely a mixed bag. I don't trust his "big" trades which coincides with his overall use of 1st round picks.

He's had some solid returns on mid and late-round picks but I wouldn't call it above average.

Nnadi has been solid.
Fenton has developed and been solid.
Sneed, well he gets beat a lot on the perimeter and I like him best as a slot. I feel like he'd be the perfect long-term Mathieu replacement actually.
Bolton, Smith, and Humphrey look really solid so far.
The trade for Charvarious Ward was good, but honestly a hope and prayer that just worked out.
Thornhill was a good pick.
Hardman is an okay slot guy.

You start looking outside those guys though, and there isn't much other than some here-and-there contributors. Certainly no stars.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:07 PM 10-24-2021
We were a play away in 2018. We didn't have to sacrifice the future to win the Superbowl in 2019 which is what Veach did.

He seems to have no big picture vision and just gets laser focused on a one year fix.
Veach did absolutely the right thing and don't know why anyone should be complaining about winning a SB and going to another one last season. Everyone knows it is important to try to go for the SB in the QB's cheap years.
[Reply]
-King- 03:07 PM 10-24-2021
Ya. We have the best center in the game as a rookie. We have one of the best RG in the game as a rookie. There are also a handful of players drafted that while not being stars are solid contributors like Sneed, Bolton, Gay (when healthy), etc...
As good as they are, all of them are low impact players. The offense was just as good last year with Reiter and Allegretti as it is now. Veach hasn't drafted a single impact player.

I mean, do you really think the line is playing better than they did last year at this time overall? Mahomes damn near broke his neck today :-)
[Reply]
Page 40 of 112
« First < 303637383940 414243445090 > Last »
Up