Page 40 of 103
« First < 303637383940 414243445090 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 06:44 PM 07-28-2022
When the Royals guys who watch enough Cardinals game to know what they got is saying go for it with Soto. And if Jordan Fucking Walker is the hold up over Juan Soto, the Cardinals are just dumb fucks.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:02 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

That’s a perfect example why trading for Soto using prospects is a no-brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:18 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The history on 'superstar' trades is really quite clear.

If you can get a HoF player entering his prime, you ****ing do it. Hang the prospect costs - just get the deal done.

There will be more prospects. There always are.
I agree with this approach. Goldy/Arenado/Soto can win a series by themselves. We get at least 3 legitimate tries at another WS.

Originally Posted by raybec 4:
They are far more concerned about the appearance of effort than results.
not including Walker, if true, would be sooo typical of Mo. Just make sure you are seen making an effort. 2nd best. We tried.

Wonder if this pushes Arenado to opt out?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:25 PM 07-28-2022
Ohtani is available…why not trade for him?

[Reply]
jd1020 07:27 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Ohtani is available…why not trade for him?

Probably looking at giving up the exact same prospects. He's not really available. The Angels are just listening and not hanging up if someone is interested.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:30 PM 07-28-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Probably looking at giving up the exact same prospects. He's not really available. The Angels are just listening and not hanging up if someone is interested.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:45 PM 07-29-2022
From the Woo article on the Athletic:

Frankie Montas, on the other hand, is gathering interest from the Cardinals, as The Athletic’s Ken Rosenthal reported Thursday. It’s believed that acquiring Montas, who has made 19 starts for Oakland with a 3.18 ERA and 109 strikeouts over 104 2/3 innings, would require at least two top prospects and potentially a currently rostered player with substantial team control remaining. It’s worth repeating that if Montas’ asking price is so high, wouldn’t it make more sense for the Cardinals to be all in on Soto, and look for smaller, incremental upgrades to their pitching staff?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 07-29-2022
The Cardinals will give up 80% as much as it would take to land Soto and get 60% as much value from him.

It's just Mozeliak's way.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:05 PM 07-29-2022
It’s Nightengale so a gain of salt is needed

The Juan Soto Final 4 (in terms of aggressive offers entering the weekend)
San Diego #Padres
Seattle #Mariners
St. Louis #Cardinals
Los Angeles #Dodgers

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 29, 2022

[Reply]
Hoover 02:09 PM 07-29-2022
I'm a Cubs fan, but my God they and their TV network have really taken a toll on my fandom. I mostly watch west coast BB at night, going to a Giants Padres game in SD in a couple weeks.

Anyway, it feels so fucking strange for me to be rooting for the Cardinals to land Soto, not sure you could swing both, but getting Soto and Montas/Lopez would be just about perfect.

Wonder if the Cards might be a good fit for an Astro's SP since they are looking to shed some arms.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:17 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I'm a Cubs fan, but my God they and their TV network have really taken a toll on my fandom. I mostly watch west coast BB at night, going to a Giants Padres game in SD in a couple weeks.

Anyway, it feels so fucking strange for me to be rooting for the Cardinals to land Soto, not sure you could swing both, but getting Soto and Montas/Lopez would be just about perfect.

Wonder if the Cards might be a good fit for an Astro's SP since they are looking to shed some arms.
I couldn't care less if the Cardinals get him. I dont think they will though because I dont see Cardinals brass giving up what its going to take for 2.5 years of Soto, because I also dont see them handing out the contract to extend him.

Cubs are going to suck ass for at least another year anyways, especially if they are going to cry poor and signing Correa at 27 years old would have been a set back while being the only fucking team that would have been bidding for him since everyone else made their move.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:17 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
It’s Nightengale so a gain of salt is needed

So he'll be a Yankee.

Nightengale's inability to be right even by accident is truly spectacular.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:21 PM 07-29-2022
So he'll be a Yankee.

If the Yankees pull that off…holy shit what a lineup!

[Reply]
jd1020 02:23 PM 07-29-2022
So he'll be a Yankee.

I've heard that the Nationals are going to make one last attempt at an extension and if he declines hes getting traded.

I'm going with Padres or Mariners. Those 2 teams have no fucks given GM/PoBO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:33 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
If the Yankees pull that off…holy shit what a lineup!

Nightengale has somehow willed it into being....
[Reply]
Page 40 of 103
« First < 303637383940 414243445090 > Last »
Up