Media Center>House of the Dragon
Hammock Parties 01:11 PM 07-20-2022
OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
Urc Burry 06:50 AM 06-24-2024
Criston Cole is just an all time dummy. With Otto having a good showing for the first time, Cole leap frogged him on the hateable list.

Was certain the pot hole was going to cause the kids head to roll off.

And the falling on the sword got a gasp out of me. Read the book, but did not know where they were going with it as soon we he made it out of the fight alive
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:16 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by Urc Burry:
Criston Cole is just an all time dummy. With Otto having a good showing for the first time, Cole leap frogged him on the hateable list.

And the falling on the sword got a gasp out of me. Read the book, but did not know where they were going with it as soon we he made it out of the fight alive
I feel like this season has been kinda muted to Game of Thrones standards. I expected something similar with the pot hole, but then they're like nope, it's to showcase the Queen freaking out being stuck in traffic and being paraded to be a sympathetic figure head rather than a grieving mother. Ok, that's fine, but anti-climactic if to be honest.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:42 AM 06-24-2024
Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 08:36 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I feel like this season has been kinda muted to Game of Thrones standards. I expected something similar with the pot hole, but then they're like nope, it's to showcase the Queen freaking out being stuck in traffic and being paraded to be a sympathetic figure head rather than a grieving mother. Ok, that's fine, but anti-climactic if to be honest.

Spoiler!
I'm not sure what purpose they were trying to serve with that Aemond situation. It just seemed like something they threw in to remind people he was still part of the plot.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What a fucking episode.
Yeah - I thought it was better than E1 (didn't quite understand all the fuss over that one; pacing was terrible).

I do think that this show has a pretty high barrier to entry. Sooooo Maaaaany Targaryens and Velaryon (and Targaryens are Velyrians) and Rhaenas and Rhaeneras and Aemond and Dameon and various Aegons and even Arryks and Erryks.

Can we just get a couple more Lannisters or Starks just to keep 'em separate?

It's just damn hard to keep all of it straight. I'm a fairly 'involved' GOT reader so I don't struggle too much with it, but if you're coming in as a non book-reader, it's gotta be tough.

Yeah, I always kinda read Cole as dumbstruck by lust (compounded by honor) but they sure are writing him as a fucking idiot. I mean...just real real dumb.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:08 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'm not sure what purpose they were trying to serve with that Aemond situation. It just seemed like something they threw in to remind people he was still part of the plot.
I think they wanted us to know that Aemond understands that he was the target and that he almost respects Daemon (who is, IMO, almost a hero to him) for the attempt.

Just a small bit of character development.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:36 AM 06-24-2024
Spoiler!

That was the best part of the episode for me. Total girl dad move.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:16 AM 06-24-2024
Really enjoyed this episode.

Criston Cole thoughts
Spoiler!

Arryk/Erryk
Spoiler!

Otto Hightower with a nod to Viserys
Spoiler!

Alicent and Rhaenyra
Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 10:24 AM 06-24-2024
[QUOTE=duncan_idaho;17561861]Really enjoyed this episode.

Criston Cole thoughts
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
staylor26 10:40 AM 06-24-2024
Ser Simp has one fan, and it's Twisted :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:42 AM 06-24-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Alicent and Rhaenyra
Spoiler!
Rhaenyra has some of the same Daenerys qualities that always made me hate her - "It's my right!" sorta stuff...

Which is, ultimately, human. I get that. But Rhaenys got pretty well screwed in her own right and just kinda dealt with it.

Alicent is funny though - she genuinely believes she's right and Viserys meant to put Aegon on the throne. But there's also some 'hearing what she wanted to hear' to that. She knew he was pretty much gone at that point.

Like you said, that's pretty much the point. There aren't any good guys are bad guys here. And GOT has pretty much done nothing BUT trade in moral ambiguity so that pretty much checks out.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:00 PM 06-24-2024
Episode was boring AF. Wife took pictures of me snoring through it. But that's cool though. Story development and all that.

I can't stand Sir Cole. But im reminded that it's Game Of Thrones and ultimately, his head will get loped off. So i have that to look forward to. It is the way.
[Reply]
SAGA45 02:47 PM 06-24-2024
I was waiting for it! They kept going to close shots of his head wobbling with every bump in the road. I'd wager they filmed his falling off but decided last minute to cut that out. It just seemed super abrupt the way that scene ended.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:52 PM 06-24-2024

Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I was waiting for it! They kept going to close shots of his head wobbling with every bump in the road.
Ditto. Feels og GOT woulda rolled that head.....

This season has felt a little....PG, compared to other seasons.

Blood's death scene shoulda been more brutal. We shoulda seen homie's skull cave in. Kid's head shoulda rolled off....idk....seems like they're shying away from offensively violent and that's fucking sad to see.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 43
« First < 303637383940 414243 >
Up