< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Netflix likely getting NFL Christmas games
RunKC 09:51 PM 05-09-2024
First it was Nickelodeon, then Paramount. Now Netflix

https://puck.news/will-netflix-host-...mas-day-games/
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:02 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
When I was traveling around the world(it was decades ago), they just didn't get it and considered it boring. I'd come back with BORING? You ever watch soccer? :-)
Exactly. Continuous play does not equal entertainment.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:03 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I told everyone this would happen! I told you! I said, "If you pay that $5 for Peacock, then in five years you're going to have to buy subscriptions to 760 different networks to watch games." And now it's happening. It's happening!

via GIPHY

I did not pay $5 to sign up for Peacock.

I was already subscribing to YouTube TV which had NFL network so I waited until midnight to watch the rebroadcast on NFL network.

So no, they didn't get any additional money from me that they didn't already have.

Just like I was already Amazon Prime before they got the Thursday games.

And I won't sign up to Netflix even to watch the Chiefs on Xmas.

I'm part of the solution not part of the problem.

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:06 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
If the goal here is for Netflix to get new subscribers, this could maybe not help them as much with that objective.

Lots of people travel and spend Christmas with family/friends… so they could watch the games on someone else’s existing Netflix subscription, rather than having to sign up if they were watching it by themselves.
Its not all about getting the immediate impact of new subscribers, its also elevating your platform.

Check the layouts made by the broadcast channels in the 70's/80's. They barely broke even or made little profit. It was about having football on their platform.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:09 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
These billionaires can see the value of their teams skyrocket if its an international game. The revenue increase will make the players happy and open up new endorsements. Anyone that thinks they can stop this by boycotting a streamer game are not in reality.

Netflix and its international audience the first shot across the bow. The game no longer belongs to America exclusively anymore.
Do I think I can stop it? No.

But I can choose not to participate.

I once followed the KC Sacramento Kings as an avid fan and they lost me. Now I'm a casual post season viewer.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:11 PM 05-10-2024
I used to watch every Jayhawk basketball game.

But I refuse to sign up for ESPN+, so I no longer watch every game.
[Reply]
notorious 12:52 PM 05-10-2024
Illegal streams will become more and more common.

I REALLY enjoy the fact that Netflix pays the NFL a shitload to stream a few games, then charges for advertising on top of their monthly rate, thus double-dipping.

I mean, that's an amazing deal for the daily viewer. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:47 PM 05-10-2024
The cable bundle was the best thing for sports fans.
[Reply]
loochy 02:47 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Netflix I don't have a problem with since everyone and their mother seems to have it but that peacock shit is stupid.

Inb4 young guys sign up for Peacock and download 20 other apps that they will hardly ever use.

Oh wait, too late.
Already had it
We use it
We split the costs with the in laws
Hell, we've had Netflix for about 15 years
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:52 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
:-) So you’re mocking me when you haven’t even seen it yourself? That’s rich. Tell you what, go read through the reviews on IMDB of those who did watch it and then get back to me.
Yeah, you watching clips and reading imdb reviews doesn't give you any room to talk. Full disclosure, I haven't seen it, but boycotting a potential Chiefs because of out of context clips is weird behavior. That said, you can just follow the game thread here on CP for a rational and even handed account of the action!
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 03:55 PM 05-10-2024
Question from 1990:

Will the game come on a DVD and when I've watched it I need to put the disc in the provided envelope and drop it in the mail?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 03:57 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Question from 1990:

Will the game come on a DVD and when I've watched it I need to put the disc in the provided envelope and drop it in the mail?
Also a question from 1990:

What's a DVD?
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 04:00 PM 05-10-2024
I just cannot deliver a joke correctly.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:40 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
I just cannot deliver a joke correctly.
Sorry bro, you were only a decade off.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 04:48 PM 05-10-2024
Fine. At least its not Paramount WTF!?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 06:22 PM 05-10-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Yeah, you watching clips and reading imdb reviews doesn't give you any room to talk. Full disclosure, I haven't seen it, but boycotting a potential Chiefs because of out of context clips is weird behavior. That said, you can just follow the game thread here on CP for a rational and even handed account of the action!
I’ve at least researched it, he clearly hasn’t. I’m kind of suspecting you haven’t either. If someone wants to call me out on my take CREDIBLY, it should probably be someone who has watched it. Calling me out on my opinion when having not watched it yourself doesn’t carry the weight you seem to think it does.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up