ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>NO COUNTRY FOR OLD MEN
Baby Lee 03:52 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by frazod:
That ending made me want to beat the shit out of somebody. It sucked dick.

Would you have liked The Godfather if Al Pacino had been killed offscreeen?

Would you have liked Unforgiven if it had ended with Clint Eastwood getting sideswiped off his horse by an out-of-control wagon?

Would you have liked Seven if the box hadn't been delivered because the delivery truck broke down?

**** THAT ENDING.
Ending make brain hurt!!
Hulk SMASH!!!
[Reply]
Frazod 09:34 AM 11-24-2008
That ending made me want to beat the shit out of somebody. It sucked dick.

Would you have liked The Godfather if Al Pacino had been killed offscreeen?

Would you have liked Unforgiven if it had ended with Clint Eastwood getting sideswiped off his horse by an out-of-control wagon?

Would you have liked Seven if the box hadn't been delivered because the delivery truck broke down?

FUCK THAT ENDING.
Funny how none of the people who continue to defend this piece of crap like it was their sister's honor has ever responded to any of these points.

Was Coppola a sell-out for bringing The Godfather to sensible conclusion? Was Unforgiven not art? Should I toss my Seven DVD in the trash because Fincher dared to actually include all seven deadly sins?

I guess we should just have a random ending generator for movies, and only then will they be worth watching.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:36 AM 11-24-2008
Funny how none of the people who continue to defend this piece of crap like it was their sister's honor has ever responded to any of these points.

Was Coppola a sell-out for bringing The Godfather to sensible conclusion? Was Unforgiven not art? Should I toss my Seven DVD in the trash because Fincher dared to actually include all seven deadly sins?

I guess we should just have a random ending generator for movies, and only then will they be worth watching.
Frankly, fraz, it would depend on how it was done. You can't compare such things when we don't know how it would have been handled.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:40 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Frankly, fraz, it would depend on how it was done. You can't compare such things when we don't know how it would have been handled.
So if Seven had ended with Spacey screaming over and over, WHERE'S MY PACKAGE?????, you wouldn't have been sitting in the audience wondering "What the hell is this?" This is basically the ending the Coens gave us. Horseshit. Don't poke me in the eye and tell me its art.
[Reply]
patteeu 12:00 PM 11-24-2008

Maybe it's because they were idiotic questions that ignore the fact that NCFOM's purpose was served by the ending it had whereas the endings you propose aren't related to the concept of those movies? I thought you claimed to have understood the NCFOM ending but when you ask questions like this and talk about random ending generators, it gives me the impression that you didn't. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 12:12 PM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Maybe it's because they were idiotic questions that ignore the fact that NCFOM's purpose was served by the ending it had whereas the endings you propose aren't related to the concept of those movies? I thought you claimed to have understood the NCFOM ending but when you ask questions like this and talk about random ending generators, it gives me the impression that you didn't. :-)
Funny to see you crawling in bed with the arty types. Your jackboot friends will not be pleased. Although I'm not surprised to see you hop a ride on the makes-me-feel-superior train. :-)

The whole point could have been made without a disjointed, shit ending. I don't know how many more ways that can be said.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:40 AM 11-22-2008
I'm not going to lie, I thought it was a clever movie, but for them to kill a character I had been attached to 3/5 of the way through the movie kind of pissed me off. It differs from the Departed because not only did Leo die, Wahlberg gets revenge on Damon at the end of the movie and it seems some justice was at least achieved. (pardon me for not knowing actual character names)
[Reply]
Lzen 11:31 AM 11-22-2008
Yeah, I didn't care much for. And no, I am not one who loves a lot of the canned Hollywood flicks. Just didn't think this movie lived up to the hype, frankly. But hey, we are entitled to our opinions. Doesn't mean one is better than the others.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 11:36 AM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Yeah, I didn't care much for. And no, I am not one who loves a lot of the canned Hollywood flicks. Just didn't think this movie lived up to the hype, frankly. But hey, we are entitled to our opinions. Doesn't mean one is better than the others.
I agree. It was good, but geez... the hype was unreal.
[Reply]
blaise 12:08 PM 11-22-2008
Another of McCarthy's books is being adapted into a movie- Blood Meridian. I honestly don't see how they're going to do it. It's basically non stop killing all the way through.
[Reply]
J Diddy 12:09 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by blaise:
Another of McCarthy's books is being adapted into a movie- Blood Meridian. I honestly don't see how they're going to do it. It's basically non stop killing all the way through.

until what? the end, they just fade to black.
[Reply]
blaise 02:42 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
until what? the end, they just fade to black.
More or less actually. I'll put it this way: if you didn't like the ending to No Country For Old Men, I doubt you'll like the ending to Blood Meridian.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:16 PM 11-22-2008
Some people are not very receptive to art.
[Reply]
Thig Lyfe 04:59 PM 11-22-2008
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
Some people are not very receptive to art.
This...
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 05:44 PM 11-22-2008
The ending was perfect.

I'll explain. The entire point was:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up