ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba drops a deuce on Alex Smith
T-post Tom 04:27 PM 05-11-2024

Tamba Hali recently admitted that, at times when Patrick Mahomes was on the bench behind Alex Smith in 2017, Chiefs players wanted Mahomes to play. https://t.co/U9kNvalVfY

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) May 11, 2024

I'll throw Florio a bone on this one... or maybe an anvil?
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:56 PM 05-11-2024
Alex fucking Smith is the reason I stopped going to at least one game at arrowhead for twenty five years.

So, yeah, F him.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:58 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Why?
Some people hate the guy for coming here and helping completely change the culture while leading us to winning records every single season as a starter and winning our first playoff game in 20 years. Not to mention being an incredible mentor for Pat.

Yeah, dude was such a tool. I guess.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:10 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Some people hate the guy for coming here and helping completely change the culture while leading us to winning records every single season as a starter and winning our first playoff game in 20 years. Not to mention being an incredible mentor for Pat.

Yeah, dude was such a tool. I guess.
Andy Reid changed the culture.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:12 PM 05-11-2024
That was Alex's best season. Benching him would have been as insulting as it was stupid.

He was replaced at the right time in the offseason.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:12 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Andy Reid changed the culture.
Reid/Dorsey gave up multiple 2s for him even paid him. We all know what we were getting in him I like how they don't get any blame. Yet they won countless division titles and broke the playoffs streak with him at QB. CP is a really miserable place
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:25 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Reid/Dorsey gave up multiple 2s for him even paid him. We all know what we were getting in him I like how they don't get any blame. Yet they won countless division titles and broke the playoffs streak with him at QB. CP is a really miserable place
It was the cult that followed Alex was the true antagonist
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:25 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Alex fucking Smith is the reason I stopped going to at least one game at arrowhead for twenty five years.

So, yeah, F him.
Kinda feel like this is your just being salty for choosing the worst possible time to sell low on the Chiefs as a fan.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:31 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
That was Alex's best season. Benching him would have been as insulting as it was stupid.

4,000 yards, 27 TD. Which at the time had him in the MVP conversation at one point.

They did it perfectly, and it’s really weird how bitter some people still are towards the guy.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:37 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It was the cult that followed Alex was the true antagonist
That I can agree with. I was never of the belief we would win a Super Bowl with him, but he was perfect while they looked for ‘the guy.’ At the time, who could complain with winning 10+ games and the division every year? It’s weird.

He ran his course and they moved on at the perfect time. I don’t understand the misdirected hate and never will.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:38 PM 05-11-2024

I disagree with Smith being replaced at the right time.

He absolutely, 100% played one half of football too much for the Chiefs. His ass should have been benched at halftime of the playoff game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:43 PM 05-11-2024

Best play of Alex Smiths career, too bad he waited until down 21-6 to pull it off!
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:49 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

He absolutely, 100% played one half of football too much for the Chiefs. His ass should have been benched at halftime of the playoff game.
We were leading like 21-3 at halftime of the playoff game.

You must be thinking of a different season.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:50 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

That is completely true.

He had thrown in the towel, and the second half would have been the perfect time to unleash Mahomes. It may have made the story even better than it ended up, it may have made him a legend at a different level than we are even seeing.

But he also could have shit all over himself and ruined his confidence for life. People don’t understand how complex this shit is. There’s no right answer, and I’m not going to look back and care, because we’re now the premier organization in pro sports, so I’m pretty damn happy.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:51 PM 05-11-2024
We were leading like 21-3 at halftime of the playoff game.

You must be thinking of a different season.
Think he’s talking about the Steeler game in Alex’s last year.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 08:52 PM 05-11-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Think he’s talking about the Steeler game in Alex’s last year.
But that wasn't Alex's last year. The Steelers game was the 2016-2017 season. Mahomes wasn't around yet.

Alex's last playoff game was against the Titans in 2017-2018.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up