ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's all wildly speculate about playcalling.
Gary Cooper 09:51 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I shudder to think what Bellichek would come up with to shut us down in the playoffs.
They have a rookie QB. If we shut down their running game, Belichick will worry about his QB making mistakes under pressure. May end up a low scoring game.
[Reply]
treeguy27 09:52 AM 12-06-2021
I saw Mahomes jawing at someone after coming off the field, the camera angle didn't really show who though. I don't think you can blame the wind for 10-15 yard passes being off the mark. Deep shots, probably so, but we didn't have any of those. Mahomes is just off by a little and frustrated with the drops and the offense not clicking. He's pressing and a little uncertain right now. The first drive was great, everything was clicking. It seems like as soon as a drop or one bad play happens everyone gets tight and starts second guessing everything. It would be nice to put together one good offensive game to get the confidence and swagger back.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:53 AM 12-06-2021
Pringle dropped 2 passes that hit him square in the hands
Reek dropped tipped up one in the air which admittedly was high and hot but catchable

That's 3 things right there that made our O look soft

Not to mention the other drops.

Bad passes will happen. They happen every game. Drops will happen and they happen every game.

Our problem is there is too much of it. One drop, fine. 5 drops, not so fine.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:56 AM 12-06-2021
I thought the play calling was fine last night. We were actually pretty balanced with 29 passes and 20 runs.

Marty could not have been more happy with that game.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:00 AM 12-06-2021
I think Bieniemy is calling the plays in preparation for taking over the reins after Andy. Reid's health is poor and his family issues have taken a toll. The struggles we have seen on offense this year are a byproduct.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:05 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
I think Bieniemy is calling the plays in preparation for taking over the reins after Andy. Reid's health is poor and his family issues have taken a toll. The struggles we have seen on offense this year are a byproduct.
If Reid has to retire we should do a coaching search. Not just promote from within.

We have a generational QB and all the best playcallers in the world would want this job.

Sean Payton would be ideal if there was an out in his contract from a football perspective but I don't know if Mahomes would match up with his personality.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 10:15 AM 12-06-2021
I've suspected it for weeks. Often when they pan to the sideline Reid isnt looking at his sheet, and Bienemy is. I think Reid is trying to get the guy a job, but in reality hurting his stock.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 12-06-2021
I just don't understand how game after game you can look at the 2-3 drives/gm that came undone by just awful drops and unforced errors and still think playcalling is the problem.

At least 11 points off the board yesterday due to braindead drops. And another 3 at least from an underthrow where Mahomes got hit as he threw.

There are guys open all over the place. And Mahomes is hitting them, usually deep in the opponents territory. And they're just gacking it. And since teams are unwilling to let us throw over the top on them anymore, it's DAMN difficult to make up for those.

You watch that 20 play drive from the Broncos and there wasn't a single impressive play in there - just a team that didn't screw up. That's it. There were no creative concepts, no fantastic individual efforts - just precision that we haven't seen this year.

And STILL the Broncos came away with no points.

Folks this is a damn hard game to play well. And right now too many guys on this squad just aren't, including the 2 most important pass-catchers we have (and the guy who's presumptively emerged as the 3rd option). Meanwhile we've lost confidence in our 2nd rounder to boot - and with fair cause.

he playcalling is working. The plays are working. The players just aren't executing.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:19 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I just don't understand how game after game you can look at the 2-3 drives/gm that came undone by just awful drops and unforced errors and still think playcalling is the problem.

At least 11 points off the board yesterday due to braindead drops. And another 3 at least from an underthrow where Mahomes got hit as he threw.

There are guys open all over the place. And Mahomes is hitting them, usually deep in the opponents territory. And they're just gacking it. And since teams are unwilling to let us throw over the top on them anymore, it's DAMN difficult to make up for those.

You watch that 20 play drive from the Broncos and there wasn't a single impressive play in there - just a team that didn't screw up. That's it. There were no creative concepts, no fantastic individual efforts - just precision that we haven't seen this year.

And STILL the Broncos came away with no points.

Folks this is a damn hard game to play well. And right now too many guys on this squad just aren't, including the 2 most important pass-catchers we have (and the guy who's presumptively emerged as the 3rd option). Meanwhile we've lost confidence in our 2nd rounder to boot - and with fair cause.

he playcalling is working. The plays are working. The players just aren't executing.

That 20 play drive also included Ward dropping what should have been a very easy INT. So they did screw up. They just got away with it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
That 20 play drive also included Ward dropping what should have been a very easy INT. So they did screw up. They just got away with it.
Truth - though if Ward could haul in those sorts of balls with regularity, he'd play WR. That was a ball that 90% of WRs catch and 20% of DBs do.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:31 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And another 3 at least from an underthrow where Mahomes got hit as he threw.
Ugh, I had forgotten about that one. That one probably goes for 6 and completely changes the narrative today.

It truly is a game of inches.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:32 AM 12-06-2021
The running game is working and they decide to stop running the ball. Why? Pure stupid to throw it so much when clearly we can't this season.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:41 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
The running game is working and they decide to stop running the ball. Why? Pure stupid to throw it so much when clearly we can't this season.
We have the 19th most rushing attempts in the league. That's the highest we've been ranked in rushing attempts since 2016. We're running the ball plenty.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:13 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
We have the 19th most rushing attempts in the league. That's the highest we've been ranked in rushing attempts since 2016. We're running the ball plenty.
No we are not. If running the ball is working then keep running it. We don't do that and it's a problem. We could have ran on Denver all night and we just don't do it. We go pass heavy way to often when we shouldn't.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:18 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
No we are not. If running the ball is working then keep running it. We don't do that and it's a problem. We could have ran on Denver all night and we just don't do it. We go pass heavy way to often when we shouldn't.
The only reason we should have run the ball last night is due to the wind. That is it.

As it was, we averaged 3.7 ypc running the ball - soooo.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 13
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up