ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>I am not a fan of Veach's "tier" approach.
RealSNR 12:31 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
While the PFF and AP idiots are overly concerned with positional value and trading draft picks away, the Chiefs have completely rebuilt their OL into a strength.

They said paying a G like Thuney was bad.

Trading away picks to pay Orlando Brown was bad.

Drafting a C at 63 was bad.

They ignore the overall picture and results in favor of their “rules”.

It’s fucking dumb.
I agree with the premise of not paying guards that much, but it still depends on context. A team like Jacksonville perhaps shouldn't give that contract to Joe Thuney. He's just not going to make a significant enough difference to matter. A team like them definitely IS better off using the draft and other forms of young player development to gradually improve it over multiple seasons, because it's going to take that long for them to start competing.

The Chiefs had the resources. They had the money. They needed the help. And the help is going to significantly make a difference.

So pay the fucking money.

It's not hard.
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:23 PM 05-03-2021
While the PFF and AP idiots are overly concerned with positional value and trading draft picks away, the Chiefs have completely rebuilt their OL into a strength.

They said paying a G like Thuney was bad.

Trading away picks to pay Orlando Brown was bad.

Drafting a C at 63 was bad.

They ignore the overall picture and results in favor of their “rules”.

It’s ****ing dumb.
I'm not interested in defending the AP guys, I'll just defend myself.

I don't think there's any doubt that the Chiefs had tunnel vision this offseason -- they used all three phases of the offseason to improve the OL almost exclusively.

As a result, we are now shallow everywhere else. We were willing to obliterate our capspace for Trent Williams.

We have no starting DE. We have no WR. We are skinny at literally every other position.

There was a middle ground here. We know there was.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 05-02-2021
FYI, Daniel Jeremiah liked our draft.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:04 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Of course he did. He’s a football guy. Not an analytics guy.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:05 AM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
A lot of talking heads have. Our average score is a B.
[Reply]
O.city 10:10 AM 05-02-2021
When you’re a team like kc and you don’t really have a gaping hole and have a super talented roster, you take good football players that fall for dumb reasons

The ones that did for the chiefs may not be at high level positions you’d like but really you don’t get to make that decision unless you wanna trade up
[Reply]
Direckshun 01:26 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
When you’re a team like kc and you don’t really have a gaping hole and have a super talented roster, you take good football players that fall for dumb reasons

The ones that did for the chiefs may not be at high level positions you’d like but really you don’t get to make that decision unless you wanna trade up
We had holes everywhere.

Still do -- we have at least two holes open at starting positions.

Guys, if Frank Clark goes down, which he has every year we've had him, we're going to be starting Taco Charlton and Mike Danna. And rotating in Tim Ward and Kaindoh.

You guys aren't grasping how big of a hole that is.
[Reply]
O.city 02:14 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
We had holes everywhere.

Still do -- we have at least two holes open at starting positions.

Guys, if Frank Clark goes down, which he has every year we've had him, we're going to be starting Taco Charlton and Mike Danna. And rotating in Tim Ward and Kaindoh.

You guys aren't grasping how big of a hole that is.
They've got guys that can play it. Not at an elite level. But fine.

If it is leaving that "hole" there or leaving a hole on teh OL well, we know how that plays out.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:16 AM 05-02-2021
Daniel Jeremiah had Bolton 30th. He feels the Chiefs got a 1st round player (in this draft) at 58.

BuT PoSiTiOnAl VaLuE!!

Value IS value.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:20 AM 05-02-2021
Daniel Jeremiah had Bolton 30th. He feels the Chiefs got a 1st round player (in this draft) at 58.

BuT PoSiTiOnAl VaLuE!!

Value IS value.
Production per unit Salary Cap.

That is what we need to be concerned with.

The likelihood of Humphrey providing more production than a picked through selection for WR 2 is pretty high IMO.

I don't know a ton about Bolton, but if he can play, he's probably right up there. From the little I've seen there is some risk athletically, but I don't know much.
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 AM 05-02-2021

BuT PoSiTiOnAl VaLuE!!

Value IS value.
Obviously the league had him a little different though.

In the end, it will all come down to him. If he shows he can run and play 3 downs, it was a great pick and it was wrong for him to fall. If he ends up a 2 down Reggie Ragland type guy, yeah he fell for a reason
[Reply]
staylor26 10:34 AM 05-02-2021
Obviously the league had him a little different though.

In the end, it will all come down to him. If he shows he can run and play 3 downs, it was a great pick and it was wrong for him to fall. If he ends up a 2 down Reggie Ragland type guy, yeah he fell for a reason
Orrrr he fell because of positional value and/or needs.

We don’t know.

I do know that he was a consensus top 40-50 guy that some even had in the 1st.

That’s value at 58.

And :-) he’s so much better than Ragland. He’s a 3 down player even if he’s not a stud in coverage. He’s capable.
[Reply]
O.city 10:36 AM 05-02-2021
Orrrr he fell because of positional value and needs.

We don’t know.

I do know that he was a consensus top 40-50 guy that some even had in the 1st.

That’s value at 58.

And :-) he’s so much better than Ragland :-)
We know what Ragland was/is in the league. As prospects, they seem fairly similar.

Legit 3 down linebackers don’t tend to fall if that’s what the league thinks they are. I’m hoping he’s more devin bush jr than the league seems to think
[Reply]
staylor26 10:37 AM 05-02-2021
We know what Ragland was/is in the league. As prospects, they seem fairly similar.

Legit 3 down linebackers don’t tend to fall if that’s what the league thinks they are. I’m hoping he’s more devin bush jr than the league seems to think
:-)

You went form this:

If Bolton is there, I'd take him. He's a stud.

I really like Humphrey and Davis the more I've read about them.
To that. So fucking dumb.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:18 AM 05-02-2021
I’ll say this. I love that Bolton hits like Greg Wesley and DJ, if nothing else.

It’s going to be nice to have a scary hitter again, after what seems like years of finesse players.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up