ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone ever use airplane wifi to stream a game?
loochy 06:36 AM 10-16-2021
I'll be on a flight to Hawaii during Sunday's game. Is the airplane wifi high enough bandwidth to support a stream? I searched and couldn't find any reliable information about speed.
[Reply]
Jenson71 04:34 PM 01-24-2022
Dang, I'm now grateful I'll be waiting in the airport lobby for all of it.
[Reply]
Fish 04:42 PM 01-24-2022
Just pop this bad boy into the CD tray...

[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:47 PM 01-24-2022
Maybe you get lucky and there are tvs on the plane

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BWillie 04:49 PM 01-24-2022
Do not. I repeat, do not rely on it. Cancel your flight.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:21 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
All right gang. What about a wireless hotspot? Does such a thing exist that would work during a flight? I've never messed with them but assume they probably need cell coverage.. any kind of satellite option? I'm riding as a passenger on a military plane on Sunday (time TBD, but my luck is during the game) that certainly won't have wifi.
Some of the flights carry tv stations including CBS feed from the West or East Coast. You should be able to check the equipment on the flight now. If it is a regional carrier/jet, no TV and shitty wi-fi. Larger plane, 3-3 or bigger, probably has TV if its Delta/United.
[Reply]
Pointer19 06:13 PM 01-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
All right gang. What about a wireless hotspot? Does such a thing exist that would work during a flight? I've never messed with them but assume they probably need cell coverage.. any kind of satellite option? I'm riding as a passenger on a military plane on Sunday (time TBD, but my luck is during the game) that certainly won't have wifi.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I streamed the second half of the last Raiders game on a Delta flight. It worked pretty good.
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Maybe you get lucky and there are tvs on the plane

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Some of the flights carry tv stations including CBS feed from the West or East Coast. You should be able to check the equipment on the flight now. If it is a regional carrier/jet, no TV and shitty wi-fi. Larger plane, 3-3 or bigger, probably has TV if its Delta/United.
Unfortunately I don't think those (or much of any) accommodations are available on the plane we take. I think it's a C-40?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:20 PM 01-24-2022
Yep, used my new 5G while waiting to take off, only to have the flight attendant tell me that the plane couldn't take off due to me using their wifi and I said, "Okay, but I have 13 seconds left in my Madden game with Mahomes as my QB and I will be done shortly here.":-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up