ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>When do you have a "talk" with your child's Coach?
lewdog 07:43 PM 05-18-2022
Maybe he saw your takes on the Super Bowl championship Chiefs team and is taking it out on your son.

Won’t sniff playing time!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:48 PM 05-18-2022
I coached little league competitive baseball for 10 years. Every kid knew why they weren’t playing or what I expected for them to keep improving to stay as a starter.

But, I coached a year of rec ball before competitive and I wasn’t 22 but 30. Give him some slack or help coach.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:33 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I coached little league competitive baseball for 10 years. Every kid knew why they weren’t playing or what I expected for them to keep improving to stay as a starter.

But, I coached a year of rec ball before competitive and I wasn’t 22 but 30. Give him some slack or help coach.
This is comp soccer. Your last sentence doesn’t work at all.

1. These coaches need licenses and get paid, so you aren’t helping him coach.
2. Cutting some slack only goes so far when you’re paying a decent amount of money to have your kid play. Some of these coaches are complete shit. I’ve dealt with one of them in the past and it took us moving my daughter to a different club. Plus it set her behind in development.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:43 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

2. Cutting some slack only goes so far when you’re paying a decent amount of money to have your kid play. Some of these coaches are complete shit. I’ve dealt with one of them in the past and it took us moving my daughter to a different club. Plus it set her behind in development.
An 8 year old kid soccer coach, even if it’s competitive, are paid now? That’s standard?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:45 PM 05-18-2022
An 8 year old kid soccer coach, even if it’s competitive, are paid now? That’s standard?
Most comp soccer teams pay their coaches if they are part of a club. It’s because of all of the time and travel they have to spend. Plus the licensing that’s required.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:53 PM 05-18-2022
I did a research study for a youth soccer club (edit: league, not club) a while back, and they were importing coaches from Europe. This was a suburban youth soccer league.

I repeat for emphasis: they were importing coaches from Europe.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 PM 05-18-2022

Most comp soccer teams pay their coaches if they are part of a club. It’s because of all of the time and travel they have to spend. Plus the licensing that’s required.
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I did a research study for a youth soccer club (edit: league, not club) a while back, and they were importing coaches from Europe. This was a suburban youth soccer league.

Originally Posted by notorious:
JFC

That's insanity.
What this guy said..:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:07 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

Do elementary aged baseball coaches get paid too these days?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:58 PM 05-18-2022
Yes, they get paid. I laid out between $2k-$3k this season between league fees, uniforms, tournament fees, etc. Part of that is Coaching fees. Don't get me wrong, I am all for them getting paid and I don't mind dropping the coin because he plays on good fields at good facilities.

Our Coach had only taught skills until this season and this was his first year Coaching teams. I have heard other Parents from other teams he coaches say they won't come back if their kid has him as a coach next season, but I will believe that when I see it. Unfortunately there are a lot of Parents that use this as a status symbol more than anything else.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:11 PM 05-18-2022

How often do you have to replace the I key on your keyboard?
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:40 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
:-)
[Reply]
-King- 08:04 AM 05-19-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
:-) :-)
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:55 PM 05-18-2022
Slash his tires
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:58 PM 05-18-2022
Youth soccer sounds like a shit show to me if it is so competitive an 8 year old kid has to tryout for a team.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:07 PM 05-18-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Youth soccer sounds like a shit show to me if it is so competitive an 8 year old kid has to tryout for a team.
All sports have try outs for teams younger than that. Parents have to cover $2000-$10K a season to play with the best teams. I’m glad my kid aged out before it got like that.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up