Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Trevor Lawrence gets paid
TambaBerry 04:50 PM 06-13-2024
5 years 275, 200 guaranteed
[Reply]
RunKC 08:18 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:

This is like the people comparing Mahomes and Dak for similar regular season stats. Daniel Jones is nowhere near as good as Trevor Lawrence.

And to be fair here, there’s a reason Doug had no interest in retaining Calvin Ridley. The same reason we had no interest. He was fucking terrible last year.

How many TD’s did he fuck up last year?

Calvin Ridley had extreme lows last year but they were coupled with extreme highs

He was 1/10 players to have 6 or more 20+ point games

His 8 almost touchdowns on the season were uncharacteristic with poor endzone footwork and drops.

Elite ceiling.
pic.twitter.com/PEJ8nSdfk0

— Chris O'Brien (@17gamepace) March 7, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 08:29 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This is like the people comparing Mahomes and Dak for similar regular season stats. Daniel Jones is nowhere near as good as Trevor Lawrence.

And to be fair here, there’s a reason Doug had no interest in retaining Calvin Ridley. The same reason we had no interest. He was fucking terrible last year.

How many TD’s did he fuck up last year?

The difference is that they're comparing Mahomes to Dak after a down year for Mahomes and a huge year for Dak. We've seen Mahomes do it, that's why we ignore the stats.

But this is just a simple comparison of both guys in their first 48 starts.

I have no doubt that Lawrence is better, but the question is how much?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:33 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by TLO:
Dumb
His stats as a starter basically make him Gardner Minshew as a starter.

I hope teams keep paying mediocre to good QBs like they are generational franchise QBs.

Yeah, Mahomes is going to get more expensive, but he will still be a bargain.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:34 PM 06-13-2024
Also, if you think Calvin Ridley was bad, you should see the guys that Daniel Jones has been throwing to in New York.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:42 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The difference is that they're comparing Mahomes to Dak after a down year for Mahomes and a huge year for Dak. We've seen Mahomes do it, that's why we ignore the stats.

But this is just a simple comparison of both guys in their first 48 starts.

I have no doubt that Lawrence is better, but the question is how much?
That’s the problem. I’m not usually one of those people to give a pass but there was no QB ever who could have made things work under Urban Meyer. That mother****er has to be one of the worst NFL coaches ever.

Daniel Jones has never thrown 4K yards. Lawrence did it in back-to-back years. Daniel Jones also hasn’t thrown 20 or more TD passes since his rookie year in 2019.

Daniel Jones is Matt ****ing Cassel. Trevor Lawrence isn’t elite but he’s probably somewhere around the 11-14 best QB and could could a top 10 QB with better receivers. He certainly trended that way in 2022.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:45 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Every team that gives a non Patrick Mahomes QB a massive deal is a win for the team that does have Patrick Mahomes.
Exactly what I've been saying since Pat signed his deal. It was ALWAYS a bargain for that very reason.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:48 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s the problem. I’m not usually one of those people to give a pass but there was no QB ever who could have made things work under Urban Meyer. That mother****er has to be one of the worst NFL coaches ever.

Daniel Jones has never thrown 4K yards. Lawrence did it in back-to-back years. Daniel Jones also hasn’t thrown 20 or more TD passes since his rookie year in 2019.

Daniel Jones is Matt ****ing Cassel. Trevor Lawrence isn’t elite but he’s probably somewhere around the 11-14 best QB and could could a top 10 QB with better receivers. He certainly trended that way in 2022.
Again, Lawrence is absolutely better. That's not the point. When your first 48 starts are nearly identical to Jones, that's not good. It means you're REALLY making a big projection with this contract.

You keep talking about Lawrence's situation without acknowledging Jones. Why do you do this?

Jones had fucking Joe Judge. And again, there is absolutely no fucking way you can tell me that Lawrence hasn't had the better weapons for the majority of those 48 games.

We can say Lawrence is clearly the better QB with more upside while acknowledging just how big of a disappointment Daniel Jones level production is.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:52 PM 06-13-2024
If you thought running backs weren't getting paid fairly before, wait until every team is overpaying mediocre QBs by such a large margin.
[Reply]
notorious 08:54 PM 06-13-2024
Tied to him for at least 4 years.

Just dumb.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:04 PM 06-13-2024
Here was the season he was having before getting hurt in the Cincinnati game.

Totally different player when he was hurt and that is why the Jags collapsed late. His two sucky games before that was against the Chiefs and 49ers, but everyone pretty much sucks against the Chiefs and 49ers.
[Reply]
Bump 09:09 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
just like every other team, they have no choice. Unless it’s clear like Jones, Zack etc that this QB will never be the leader you need, you have to pay them when the rookie deal is done. We would have too if Dallas or the Saints had jumped us to get Mahomes.
at least it's an AFC team having to do to that because now they will have a much harder time keeping a competitive roster.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:29 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
If you thought running backs weren't getting paid fairly before, wait until every team is overpaying mediocre QBs by such a large margin.
These are the posts I don’t get. What were they supposed to do? 6 QB’s were drafted in the top 12. There were no options for them. Next years QB class isn’t good.

It sucks paying guys elite money who aren’t elite, but what’s the alternative here?

There’s always a way out a couple years into these contracts. It’s usually best to keep the QB and continue trying to replace him.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:30 PM 06-13-2024
It's the travel mileage. He looks like the front end of the Concord for a reason
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:02 PM 06-13-2024
He’s the GOAT of the 2021 first round QB’s.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:44 PM 06-13-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This isn’t remotely surprising. This is how the NFL operates and the going rate for a QB of his caliber.

It’s not dumb. It’s just what it is. This is the best thing they can do to stay relevant and remain in the mix.
It is dumb. Who cares if this is how the NFL operates? That doesn't make it a right or smart. It's a bit ridiculous guys like Lawrence gets money like this and yet a guy like Kelce (and I know there are others throughout the league) don't make nearly as much..

Dude is average at best - average QBs getting this much is such bullshit. Hopefully eventually this 'going rate,' for NFL QBs will change.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 10
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up