ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Media Center>Soparanos prequel movie trailer
scho63 01:06 PM 09-14-2021
I was born in Newark.

My Dad was in the middle of all this kind of shit.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:51 PM 10-01-2021
The Dickie story was pretty good. It had a young Tony Soprano in it for a few scenes as well. It left me wanting an entire series.
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 10:18 PM 10-01-2021
Really good. Brought back a lot of old feelings about the show.Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:04 PM 10-01-2021

[Reply]
underEJ 11:24 PM 10-01-2021
I enjoyed it too. Maybe not as much as the show which I loved from the very first episode. I am one of the few who actually really liked the ending. What’s it like to live knowing any open door is a potential hit? I needed 86 episodes (okay maybe they could have done it in 75) to actually understand the geese panic attack fully. I actually kind of felt the panic for him in that last scene. In this movie, Vera Farmiga was fantastic. Corey Stoll too. And little Gandolfini has so much of his dad in him. I liked the Dickie story but it wasn’t anywhere as fucked up as Tony’s family story from the series. Perhaps the Junior interplay could have been stronger to meet the burden of that deep knowledge of Junior from the show. Dickie just seemed a bit shallow compared to the rest of the characters. Even Christopher as a baby has seasons of character development. Dickie seemed like an awesome guest star in an episode. It’s not a huge gripe. I really did enjoy it
[Reply]
Mennonite 10-02-2021, 09:48 AM
This message has been deleted by Mennonite.
Mennonite 12:19 PM 10-02-2021
I think he set it up the cliffhanger/non-ending to put pressure on HBO for a Soparanos movie.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:01 PM 10-02-2021
Sucked. Came for a Sopranos movie, and watched some weak social commentary on race relations.
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:31 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Sucked. Came for a Sopranos movie, and watched some weak social commentary on race relations.
Wha?

Really?
[Reply]
Dallas Chief 04:43 PM 10-03-2021
I didn't get that at all. Maybe because I don't give a shit about social commentary and people of all colors were equally despicable in the movie? Name one character that was a hero. I surely cannot.
[Reply]
vailpass 10:09 AM 10-04-2021
This. The movie sucked out loud. Can we please get back to entertainment?
[Reply]
MTG#10 06:31 PM 10-02-2021
It's getting shit on big time on Reddit. I enjoyed it for the most part, but can Hollywood produce one single script that doesn't revolve around how evil white people are? It's getting tiresome.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:01 PM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
It's getting shit on big time on Reddit. I enjoyed it for the most part, but can Hollywood produce one single script that doesn't revolve around how evil white people are? It's getting tiresome.
Just one?

But perhaps you mean something new and not a long standing character?

But Janx... that is a Ryan Reynolds comedy, of course it won't be about how evil white people are!

Ok Janx... I'm not talking about super hero movies. I'm talking about real films.

Janx, Clint made that movie... not "Hollywood".

/all movies currently showing in theaters
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:14 AM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Just one?
Okay, I was obviously exaggerating...but my point still remains. If you haven't noticed the trend the last few years you have your head in the sand.

And it's not just movies, it's shows as well...probably even moreso.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:25 AM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Okay, I was obviously exaggerating...but my point still remains. If you haven't noticed the trend the last few years you have your head in the sand.
I think I get you. You are done seeing white people portrayed in a negative light and would like to see them portrayed in a positive light and standing up for the little guy.

If you want to see white people being kind to others and being uplifted as good people:

The Help:

Green Book:

Hidden Figures:

[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up