ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 47
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Media Center>HBO - The Last of Us
Bowser 04:46 PM 10-05-2022
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
They are filming part of this in Kansas City right now. Parts of 435 were shut down yesterday for it. I have been trying to find out the casting situation around here. If I could be find a way to be an extra or a background zombie for this it would be awesome. One of my favorite video game series ever.
https://www.kctv5.com/2022/10/04/del...-hbos-last-us/
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:10 PM 12-03-2022
This looks incredible...I am so stoked.

@hbomax: The official #TheLastOfUs trailer is here.

From the Emmy-award winning creator of Chernobyl and the creator of the acclaimed video game, the new @hbo original series premieres January 15 on HBO Max. https://twitter.com/hbomax/status/15...528320/video/1

https://youtu.be/uLtkt8BonwM
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:32 PM 12-04-2022
Boo ya! Will be there with my popcorn. Best game I’ve ever played, hands-down.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:58 AM 12-12-2022
It sucks because I want to tell my wife about how good this show will likely be, but I can't give away the first fifteen minutes, I want to see her reaction in real time as it happens. The other sad part is where are they going to go after season 1? The time jump in the games between part 1 and 2 is pretty substantial, are they going to explore that time period that the games didn't? Are they going to follow the games closely? Because then that'll mean they're out of material by the end of Season 2 and have to make up the script based on where they want the story to go, which will have people up in arms saying, "That's not what would happen!" like GoT did with seasons 7 and 8 based on GRRM's "suggestions". The first season should be great if they follow the story points, but I would think they have to extend the first game into two seasons if they can, but since the trailers already show David, I would venture a guess that they'll end this season the way the first game ended. Looking forward to it either way.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:12 AM 12-12-2022
He's got to be trolling.

First of all, Pedro Pascal is a really good actor.

Second, this hardly even qualifies as a race swap. Like you say, he looks a lot like Joel anyway, but Pascal is Chilean-American. Check the demographics for the country- most of those people are descended from Europeans.

Being a white guy isn't central to Joel's character either.

This is nothing to get upset about.
[Reply]
dmahurin 11:23 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
He's got to be trolling.

First of all, Pedro Pascal is a really good actor.

Second, this hardly even qualifies as a race swap. Like you say, he looks a lot like Joel anyway, but Pascal is Chilean-American. Check the demographics for the country- most of those people are descended from Europeans.

Being a white guy isn't central to Joel's character either.

This is nothing to get upset about.
He's a pseudo intellectual who quotes things/people and seems to live an opposing lifestyle. Either a troll supreme or a major hypocrite. Probably a bit of both.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:42 AM 12-12-2022
I find myself constantly arguing with both sides on shit like this.

Not everything is woke, but yes there's a lot of woke BS in movies/shows these days.

I have zero concerns with The Last of Us based on what I've seen thus far.
[Reply]
dmahurin 12:17 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I find myself constantly arguing with both sides on shit like this.

Not everything is woke, but yes there's a lot of woke BS in movies/shows these days.

I have zero concerns with The Last of Us based on what I've seen thus far.
Are you talking about Abby, the buff military trained girl? Or Lev the trans kid from the Seraphites?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:21 PM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Are you talking about Abby, the buff military trained girl? Or Lev the trans kid from the Seraphites?
Ahh yes, I'm talking about Abby, because many thought before the game came out that she was a trans character.

Completely forgot about that other side character because it's been a while since I played the game.

It's a bit cringe, but not enough to ruin the game or the show for me.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:38 PM 12-12-2022
This show is gonna kick ass
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:14 AM 01-10-2023
100% on RT 29 reviews so far. Comes out Sunday night
[Reply]
Gravedigger 09:51 AM 01-10-2023
Polygon said it's incredibly faithful to the video game, but when it does something new, they feel its at its best. With no Chiefs this weekend, this will be my highlight, looking forward to it. However they said that Season 2 will likely go right into the second game, and wouldn't make it's own material after that. But then Druckmann said that there's more story to tell from the games, so I guess this thing is just lasting 2 seasons unless Naughty Dog releases another game in the next three years.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:55 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
Polygon said it's incredibly faithful to the video game, but when it does something new, they feel its at its best. With no Chiefs this weekend, this will be my highlight, looking forward to it. However they said that Season 2 will likely go right into the second game, and wouldn't make it's own material after that. But then Druckmann said that there's more story to tell from the games, so I guess this thing is just lasting 2 seasons unless Naughty Dog releases another game in the next three years.
I think that blows if season 2 follows game 2.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:50 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I think that blows if season 2 follows game 2.
Yeah didn't care for the second game much, just too bleak for my taste. Not much character building, brought down existing characters, stripped away everything the first game built, just dark, dreary and no joy in it what so ever. Not going to spoil anything, but I've not played that game since the first time I played it when it came out and have no intention to either.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:11 AM 01-10-2023
Can't wait........here's hoping the start is as exciting as the start of the game.

I dont think I've played any game that had a more intense start to it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 47
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up