ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your Daily Life Tip by Womble Esq
Lzen 02:42 PM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Not my daily life tip but live t20 cricket is infinitely better than shitty baseball. At the Oval tonight. Life tip will follow after another 6 pints.

I seriously doubt that but to each their own, I guess.

6 pints? Dang, you really can put 'em away.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:42 PM 06-07-2024
Not my daily life tip but live t20 cricket is infinitely better than shitty baseball. At the Oval tonight. Life tip will follow after another 6 pints.

I actually just learned cricket.

It's fun
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:14 PM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I actually just learned cricket.

It's fun
I'll beat your ass at WCL '25, meet me at the Sir Donald Bradman statue!
[Reply]
George Liquor 05:03 PM 06-07-2024

Baseball is much better than Paki paddle
[Reply]
scho63 02:51 PM 06-07-2024
1987 I went to a 3 day test match at the MCG, Melbourne Cricket Grounds.

It was me, 7 other fans and about 200 pigeons in a 100,000 seat stadium.

The most boring shit of my life.

Also Four and Twenty meat pies are pretty damn good unlike Vegemite.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:57 PM 06-07-2024
Why would we take life advice from an anonymous lawyer?
[Reply]
Womble 04:48 PM 06-07-2024
When walking on the pavement I will always walk on the side with the cars driving towards me. In the UK that means the right hand side but for the US that would mean the left hand side. I do this because you can see what the vehicles travelling in your direction are doing. If there's someone driving erratically *cough Rashee* then you just won't pick that up if it's coming from behind you, whereas if the vehicle is coming towards you, you'll at least have a few seconds to react and get out of the way.

Could save your life. Maybe.
[Reply]
Delano 08:38 PM 06-07-2024
When walking on the pavement I will always walk on the side with the cars driving towards me. In the UK that means the right hand side but for the US that would mean the left hand side. I do this because you can see what the vehicles travelling in your direction are doing. If there's someone driving erratically *cough Rashee* then you just won't pick that up if it's coming from behind you, whereas if the vehicle is coming towards you, you'll at least have a few seconds to react and get out of the way.

This thread gonna die quick if your life tips are just common sense.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:42 PM 06-07-2024
Originally Posted by Delano:
This thread gonna die quick if your life tips are just common sense.
One thing I've learned over the years, and hammered home like a sledgehammer to a nail these past 5 or so years, is common sense is not really all that common.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:12 PM 06-09-2024

What do you do if you’ve already wiped 5 times, but you’re still getting shit on the paper?
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:31 PM 06-07-2024
Looks gay
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:41 PM 06-07-2024
The shrubbery is gonna need a tornado to move it now
[Reply]
neech 09:27 PM 06-07-2024
Good life tips Womble, i appreciate your knowledge and wisdom.
[Reply]
Womble 01:49 PM 06-08-2024
This one's for beer drinkers. If you're shopping for beer take note of the 'date brewed' dates on the side/bottle of the can rather than the expiry dates for IPAs, especially for double/triple dry hopped IPAs. Hoppy beers degrade quickly and the flavour of the beer will change dramatically after 2+ months into an intense mangoey drink that bears little resemblance to its original flavour. This new flavour of old IPAs isn't exactly unpleasant but it makes beers that initially tasted very different now taste the same. For me the best hoppy IPAs are between 2 weeks and 4 weeks old. You'll often get hop burn if it's just been canned a few days prior.

You don't really need to check the dates for lagers, they stay good for a long time. Also imperial stouts generally get better as they age so I'd advise you to hold fire on drinking them after you've just bought it.

Finally, Guinness tastes better fresh. You'll often hear Irish people say that "the Guinness in this bar/pub is good" and they're normally right, even if they don't know the reason for it. It's pretty simple really, if you go to a place where Guinness is drunk by most of the patrons then they'll be getting through barrels more regularly than your average bar, and thus it tastes better because it's fresher.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:18 PM 06-08-2024
Aging stouts these days won't hurt, but for the most part won't change nearly as dramatically as say 10-15+ years ago.

A 2024 Bourbon County Stout that's not aged at all is going to taste far closer to a 2008 Bourbon County Stout aged 6 months than a fresh 2008 BCS.

If you have a big barrel stout that's 15%+ with no adjuncts, that's about the only time these days I'd consider aging... and even then, probably only after I've tried it once unless there's a bunch of reviews saying it's boozy right out of the bottle or something.

I think even some Prairie Artisan stouts and others will tell you on the bottle to drink it now... but those have so much sugar and other stuff in them, you probably wouldn't notice much of a change anyway.

I would really like to find the same IPA that was bottled a week or two prior and a month or two prior and do a side by side... I'd of course do this if I ever found them consistently freshly bottled and would just go back in a coiple months, but seems harder to find those here (granted, can't say I look all the time either).
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up