ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade for CB Mike Hughes
pugsnotdrugs19 03:17 PM 05-13-2021
Lol we got him for peanuts.

He’s gonna start and be a quality player. Think about all the defensive players who have come in the past couple years and played their best football. Here’s the next guy.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:19 PM 05-13-2021
Love it. Veach is all about giving these guys to our staff. First Baker and now Hughes.

Just look at what Spags and his staff have done to develop Fenton, Ward and Sneed?

Man. I fucking love our GM
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:24 PM 05-13-2021
Very talented, twitchy player.

Can play anywhere and zone/man.

Cheap because he's been injured.

Great pickup.
[Reply]
dannybcaitlyn 03:18 PM 05-13-2021
Never heard of him.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:21 PM 05-13-2021
I don't think we're re-signing Breeland, and honestly I'm ok with that. Once he loses a step, he'll become a liability.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:21 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
I don't think we're re-signing Breeland, and honestly I'm ok with that. Once he loses a step, he'll become a liability.
Breeland already showed signs of losing his top end speed. But with the horrific injury he had, it's amazing he ever played again, much less became a starter and a major contributor to a Super Bowl championship team. My hat is off to him forever.

But the fact that he is losing his top end speed, combined with missing time for substance abuse violations and the developmentor the youngsters means that the time is right to move on without him.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:46 PM 05-16-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Breeland already showed signs of losing his top end speed. But with the horrific injury he had, it's amazing he ever played again, much less became a starter and a major contributor to a Super Bowl championship team. My hat is off to him forever.

But the fact that he is losing his top end speed, combined with missing time for substance abuse violations and the development of the youngsters means that the time is right to move on without him.
Bashaud Breeland ran a 4.62 at his 2014 combine. At his Clemson Pro Day, he was able to improve to a 4.57, so not speedy.

Bashaud has said in interviews his success is being a physical corner. He is going to bump, pull, tug, grab, and that will sometimes get penalties. Last year Breeland was penalized 13 times for such things as illegal use of hands, illegal contact, defensive holding, and of course defensive pass interference.

I think Bashaud Breeland is still a good football player and could help the Chiefs, so I would like for the Chiefs to re-sign him.

As you imply, the Chiefs may have decided it is time to move on.

Side note - What horrific injury, his foot that got infected?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:21 PM 05-13-2021
My only question now is does Hughes take the slot, or does Sneed stay there?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:23 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
At 5’10”, I’m thinking Hughes to the slot.

Give me another DE for depth and we are ready. WR would be a luxury I’d take.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:23 PM 05-13-2021
I think they want Sneed outside.
[Reply]
TLO 03:25 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
As he should be.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:50 PM 05-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yes
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:24 PM 05-13-2021
Sneed and Ward are your outside corners. Hughes and Fenton will be nickel CB
[Reply]
In58men 03:22 PM 05-13-2021
Torn ACL and multiple neck injuries? Sounds like he was in a bad car wreck and got ejected lol.

[Reply]
Dante84 03:24 PM 05-13-2021

While the Chiefs traded for Mike Hughes, my understanding is this doesn't close the door on Bashaud Breeland going back to KC, who remains a free agent

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) May 13, 2021

[Reply]
Page 4 of 21
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up