ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 399 of 488
« First < 299349389395396397398399 400401402403409449 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:16 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Wharton is a natural fit to transition to DE on 1st and 2nd downs, IMO.

He's miscast as a DT. If you got Mathis and Wyatt to go with Nnadi and Jones, I think you immediately get to work on transitioning Wharton to DE who occasionally kicks inside on 3rd downs.
Works for me.

And you’ve got Wyatt and Mathis as your starting interior next season if you want to get rid of Jones and clear more cap space.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:18 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I mean....CB is #2 on that list of needs....so I can see why. Now Woolen isn't the one I would pick because the dude is the definition of raw but I see why they're doing it.

I definitely think they need another DE though. But lets take a look at the defensive line after that mock.

DT: Jones, Wyatt, Mathis, Nnadi, Wharton, Saunders, Stallworth
DE: Clark, Williams, Kaindoh, Danna, Herring

Now the first thing that stands out is that we have to many bodies at DT and not enough at DE. Add Ingram to that DE group and it starts to look a little better. But that DT group if you cut it off at Wharton? ****. That's a TON of pressure coming up the middle.
Definitely JAG heavy at DT, I don't think you'd miss Saunders or, Stallwort. I'm curious to see how Herring looks. Never hear anything about him or his recovery.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:24 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
CBS' Ryan Wilson just dropped this mock

29 Wyatt
30 Dotson
50 Woolen
62 Tolbert
94 Phidarian Mathis
103 Sam Williams

Not bad at all..I like the positional choices, although the names may change a little
No thanks.

Would not be happy with a DT in the 1st, and Jahan Dotson is one of my least favorite of the top WR's.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:27 AM 04-12-2022
So, if a contract is fully guaranteed how is the team protected from giving a bunch of money to someone and then that someone just be like I'm injured and get paid without doing anything?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
So, if a contract is fully guaranteed how is the team protected from giving a bunch of money to someone and then that someone just be like I'm injured and get paid without doing anything?
Which is why could only see teams giving out 2-3 year deals if they’re guaranteeing the money.

Which is essentially what they’re doing now via the signing bonus mechanism.

It’s a distinction without a difference.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 04-12-2022
I think Wharton is kinda meh. Maybe just me?
[Reply]
O.city 11:40 AM 04-12-2022
The more mocks and stuff you read...I dunno. I'm not sure what they do at DE. This just screams last years LT dilemma all over again.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:43 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Jimmy Haslam really opened a Pandora's Box with that Watson contract, JFC.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:43 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The more mocks and stuff you read...I dunno. I'm not sure what they do at DE. This just screams last years LT dilemma all over again.
:-)

Not even remotely the same. There are plenty of DEs (into round 3) that would fit, and neither of them have to be day 1 starters like LT last year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:46 AM 04-12-2022
Not really a one for one scenario here. Last year...they were in on Williams pretty early on. They haven't shown really any interest in the DEs that were available in FA.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:48 AM 04-12-2022
Which is why could only see teams giving out 2-3 year deals if they’re guaranteeing the money.

Which is essentially what they’re doing now via the signing bonus mechanism.

It’s a distinction without a difference.
This situation reminds me of when rookies would get those insane contracts before they adopted the slotting.
[Reply]
O.city 11:48 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:

Not even remotely the same. There are plenty of DEs (into round 3) that would fit, and neither of them have to be day 1 starters like LT last year.
They've got Frank Clark's corpse and shit at DE. They need someone there to play big snaps though. There's a big drop from the top 4 DE's to the next tier. I'm not sure what they do there. Maybe just throw numbers at it and see what sticks?
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:51 AM 04-12-2022
They've got Frank Clark's corpse and shit at DE. They need someone there to play big snaps though. There's a big drop from the top 4 DE's to the next tier. I'm not sure what they do there. Maybe just throw numbers at it and see what sticks?
Depth and rotation is basically the best bet at this point. Strength in numbers and see what pans out.
[Reply]
O.city 11:52 AM 04-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Depth and rotation is basically the best bet at this point. Strength in numbers and see what pans out.
That's probably the best option atleast what we'd prefer, but that doesn't exactly scream "Brett Veach".
[Reply]
staylor26 11:53 AM 04-12-2022
Remember this DJ?

O.City would’ve been scared to draft Oweh, Phillips, Ojulari, and Rousseau last year too.
Yeah - I think y'all missed O's point.

And for once he actually has one that makes sense.
Well he was just saying he was out on Karlaftis because he saw somebody make a Breeland Speaks comparison, so it’s kind of hard to keep up…
This fucking dude flip flops more than anybody I’ve ever seen in my life :-)
[Reply]
Page 399 of 488
« First < 299349389395396397398399 400401402403409449 > Last »
Up